Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM, HUH?!
1.9 prerelease 2 is out!
From here: http://twitter.com/!/jeb_/status/119395358135693312
Direct: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre2/minecraft.jar
Golden Apples glow now! And there are more music disks (11 is creepy as hell).
Sugar Cane is the wrong item in creative mode.(Sugar cane as opposed to Sugar Cane)

The AngryScientist fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

Hey guys, heres a thought, maybe not all people with Asperger's are retarded. And yeah, the ending does kinda suck, but it's not the end of the world.

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

waffle posted:

I wasn't implying that :confused: I was just referencing how it's a troll mainstay to say that Minecraft is an "aspie's game"

I was more referring to other people in the thread, but I guess I wasn't very clear.

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

hey kas, I donated to your thing, how do I let you know what texture I want? As for on topic, the hunger system is not that great. I liked being able to just restore health in the heat of battle, but now I have to hide in a corner until my health recovers.

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

Speaking of maps, how far in a straight line do you have to be from the center of a map to make a new one and have it line up with the edge of the old one?

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

Danzou posted:

Does Notch have autism? I always assumed so, but never looked into it. Even if not, I'd still characterize his failings as more obliviousness to societal function than any sort of malice.

He's just this big bearded mantoddler, really, and I wish Mojang would reign him in, because I imagine the backlash from the Yogs drama probably honestly bewildered him.

You know, it's kind of bigoted to assume that just because Notch is a dumbass rear end in a top hat, that means that he's autistic.

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

CaptainCaveman posted:

Do they still need to be planted on farmland?

Yes, but now you can produce machines like this without the need for constant upkeep (tutorial here).

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

CaptainCaveman posted:

Ooh, I was just thinking how convenient it will be to not have to till the soil each time. I didn't even think of piston farming them. That'll be nice.

It's basically a "Push Button; Receive Melon" machine with a cooldown.

VVVVVVV
But then people would whine. A lot.

The AngryScientist fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 18, 2012

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

Am I the only one that thinks that the Minecraft LEGO set looks kinda lovely? I was really hoping for minifig scale with multiple mobs (is a LEGO Enderdragon too much to ask?).

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

I just realised, you know how everyone says the villagers look like Squidward, the new golums look like Buff Squidward.

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

Wait, why is Bukkit becoming part of Mojang a bad thing?

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

Has Jeb said why they will make halfslabs but not stairs out of the new wood types? It seems like a double standard. Also, why the hell do books need leather now, it's bloody stupid (At least buff the amount of leather cows give, geez).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The AngryScientist
Jan 1, 2011

And Rotten Flesh is now back to being useless. Yay.