Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

President Ark posted:

I'm expecting a reskin of just that roughly 30 seconds after 1.8 comes out.

I'm expecting the same thing but with slenderman in 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Kin posted:

I'm very new to this, i'm presuming i can't just rub 2 sticks together to get that base fire can i?

Nope, gotta dig out some stone to make a forge.

Edit:drat, beaten.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

gravyflood posted:

Just remember, charcoal (the coal you get from burning logs) is terribly inefficient when used as a fuel for your furnace, so it's pretty much only fit for making torches.

What? It works just as well!

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

rinski posted:

This is a cool idea that is nearly ruined by reminding everyone of the space phase at the end of Spore.

I actually liked that space phase, just sort of populating more and more planets.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Looks like sugar cane grows on sand now too.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there a downside to chowing down on the rotten flesh, or is that a 1.9 dealie?

It makes your hunger meter drop faster I think.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Garbow posted:

Okay, so I just built a nice house, and I'm constantly hearing zombie groans inside it. Although there is nothing in sight except a cave thats a bit aways from my house.

Now everytime I try to sleep in the bed at night, it sims a bit of time, then I get attacked by a zombie. Inside my house. Then it won't respawn me in my bed, because it keeps saying something is near it. So it puts me way out in the woods (my original spawn)

Is my house loving haunted?

Build a basement, you've probably got a cave/dungeon under it.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Garbow posted:

I thought that, but why would it spawn the zombie INSIDE my house, if there's a cave under it?

The bed's rules are all sorts of weird, you can get stuff spawning on you if its touching a corner sometimes. If there's nothing under the house just try moving the bed.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

This is because I named you Junk, isn't it?

Damnit.

If you tilt your head it kind of looks like a goofy smile, made me laugh way too hard.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

That gives me hope for a big burrowing worm monster. :v:

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

A Sassy Dog posted:

Then again, SpongeBob is too fast for kids, so maybe the Cartoon Network Rip Off(tm) of Mad's parody of Minecraft is perfectly paced!

This makes me wonder what playing Resident Evil at age 5 did to me.

Minecraft stuff: Kind of sucks we wont be getting whatever boss Notch was referring too in 1.9. Does a feature freeze mean he wont be working on new things at all or just for 1.9?

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 19, 2011

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

tinaun posted:

After jumping into the return portal, you get a long text, followed by credits. I don't really know what it means.

Well that's weird. So is Minecraft actually an ARG or something? Also I hope it's a joke because it's pretty dumb.

Kind of want to play Mother 3 again though.

Tardcore fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 11, 2011

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

dvorak posted:

So is 1.0 still coming out today on 11.11.11 like he announced forever ago? I haven't kept up with minecraft news in like 5-6 months.

Nope, couple weeks from now it will.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Taffer posted:

They need to hire the guy who makes Optifine, and also integrate all of MC patcher features. Those should be high priority imo.

They wanted to add Optifine but the guy asked way too much money for his mod.

e;fb

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Yeah, It was a free standing portal when I first made it and it had the same problem then, I walled it up so I stopped getting killed by ghasts while I stood there helpless.

Do you have the materials to make a boat or minecart? If you make one drop it and right click it'll unstick you, otherwise you may have to cheat one in.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Probably an April fools joke.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Would EA sue over an april fools joke?

Probably not, but Bioware might get pissy.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Necrosaro posted:

Marshmallow Creeps! With a hint of sulfur. I wonder if they explode in your stomach.

Put some pop-rocks in 'em and you've got the product of the year right there.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

I haven't played this game in awhile so I looked at the wiki for features that where added and it looks like there have only been 2 patches since I quit, I miss how this game used to update :(.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

MikeJF posted:

I can't help but dream of what might have happened if Notch had taken Valve's offer. Things could have been amazing.

The thing I've always wanted from Minecraft since I bought it two years ago was buildings on wheels, I've yet to get this :smith:.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Schweinhund posted:

Tomorrow at 6 PM eastern time, I'll be starting a new round of my PVP mod Blockskrieg. If you played Keepcraft when it was around, it's basically the same as that. Here's a video from the first map which lasted a couple weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc7_I8xOwaA

There's no whitelist.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486305

I thought this looked ok until they started putting the TNT on the brick walls and it turned them into cobble, then I thought it looked fantastic! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

kas posted:

but he's EIGHT MONTHS behind schedule. :suicide:

So that's where Radium went.