Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
The fireworks are a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Loving Life Partner posted:

*finds diamonds next to a lava pool*

*digs around them, discovers vein is 7 diamonds deep*

*mistakenly digs a block away that was holding back lava, is consumed by firey death, screams muted quickly by lava pouring into his mouth*

Yeah, lost a diamond pick, 4 of the diamonds, and whatever else. Didn't bother going back, like Jack Handey says,

"If you ever drop your keys into lava, just let them go. Because man, they're gone"

:sigh:

Yeah, diamonds can be found in some dangerous places. Like on one server, one of the admins had put an ingenious trap in a vein, so when I mined a specific block, it would knock off a redstone torch on the opposite side, setting off a massive bank of tnt.

It was all above lava, too.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
One thing I've done that helped me with the occasional stuttering is to set the performance to "power saver" mode, which as far as I can tell locks the framerate at about 40 fps - it wont try to render more than that. Lowering other graphics settings may also help, but the game looks bad enough as it is.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
Maybe somebody can help me here. I've been using the Quandary texture pack in 1.8, but haven't seen anything about it for 1.0. Has anybody seen an updated Quandary floating around?