Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Mod blocks will vanish, and the game will crash if there are any modded items in your inventory, or if you open a chest with modded items in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

Zero Star posted:

Does the '2x2 square of infinite water' trick work with lava as well?

Nope. You've got a finite amount of lava to work with. Well, insomuch as anything in Minecraft is finite.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Blawrf posted:

So our server wants to refresh the map when 1.8 hits, but something has struck me - surely we cannot search for interesting seeds before 1.8, as those seeds will not contain any of the new geographical stuff?

Well, since the map gen will have changed any seeds you find will generate a completely different map once 1.8 drops.

Emong
May 31, 2011

UnquietDream posted:

I'm probably being really stupid but I want these three pistons to activate through one switch

As it's set up in the image everything works fine but when I want to transfer it to below to hide the redstone I can't get them all to work, in one underground set up I manage to get two on either side to work but as soon as I tried to activate the one in the middle it all failed to work. So how do I solve this annoying problem?

Use repeaters going straight into the side ones.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Kin posted:

Does the minecraft.net server go down often? I'm trying to start up the game and it says it cant connect, but i can load up the webpage fine.

Yeah, it does that. Just keep trying.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Notch has stated in the past he's not doing it because moving light sources causes the light to flicker nauseatingly. The only way he could fix that is by rewriting the entire lighting system from the ground up.

Emong
May 31, 2011

So, someone's apparently fixed the furnace crash here. So, that should make the leak a lot more playable.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Am I the only one who sees "Eye of The Ender" and thinks of some sort of lovecraftian god of endermen?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Blackbird Fly posted:

I'm sorry if I sound daft, but are there any areas where Endermen have a higher chance of appearing? Or is it equally random all throughout the world? I just got this game Thursday.

All the hostile mobs just sort of pop out anywhere that it's dark and not too close to the player.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

What's new in 1.9pre4? Just The End, or anything else?

Well you can add gunpowder to potions to make them throwable.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Red_October_7000 posted:

I'm still on 1.9 prerelease 3. I made the enchanting bench and enchanted my diamond sword. It says "Enchanted" and glows blue. It doesn't seem to deal extra damage. Is there a way to check and see what it does? Or does it do anything?

Doesn't do anything. The effects were all added in prerelease 4,

Emong
May 31, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Is there a way to calm running water? There's six or so blocks of running water in the middle of an otherwise still lake, and it's driving me loving nuts.

If you put a block directly under the flowing bit they should sort themselves out.

Emong
May 31, 2011

PalmTreeFun posted:

Hehehe, hey Lois! Lois! Remember the time I got blown up by a creeper?

*cue clip of Herbert exploding*

Emong
May 31, 2011

A Sassy Dog posted:

drat, drat drat drat. I was hoping to hit people with LCD and give them the spider DOT and run around knocking them into cacti. :mad:

You can still make poison potions using a spider eye, I think.

Emong
May 31, 2011

dog kisser posted:

reposting from last page:

Quick question from my phone - apologies if its been asked before. Does enchanting work on SMP yet in pre 1.94? Good to know before I build it. Also why the hell are snowmen invisible online?

Enchanting works in the latest prerelease, yes.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

Do you mean there HAS to be a one block space? Because currently I have it set up like this:

code:

BBBBB
BBBBB
BBABB
BB BB
BB BB

and I see the little symbols being absorbed into the book and everything, I just never see an enchantment higher than level 5.

I think it has to have a one block space. I've never seen it work without one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

That's TMI, not NEI.