Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
Sauerbraten has nothing like procedurally generated maps (and the lighting has to be recalculated for every edit, so that makes it hard to dynamically alter maps). You can do some pretty amazing architecture though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
I wish there was someone that could record from everyone and view the map top-down and commentate (or just someone splicing all of the videos together, cutting between exciting moments). I love these guys but 4 hours every few days is a lot of time.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
Episode 7 is out.

Final fight is king of anticlimactic and one sided. Pause gets like 5 dogs but they don't really do anything besides get set on fire.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

Doniazade posted:

They should copy the map generation from Dwarf Fortress. Geology, erosion, humidity, temperature, proper biomes... Hell, Toady and Mojang should get together and make the best loving sandbox game ever.

Toady loving hates Minecraft and Notch because they supposedly copied his game (which is completely ridiculous- what, they both have mining?)

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

"MinecraftEdu" posted:

Minecraft is designed from the ground up to be open-ended and modifiable, allowing it to be tailored for YOUR curriculum.

:laugh: Whatever it takes to sell your product I guess, and it sounds like they're doing a good thing so I can't fault them too much.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
I wish they would add some creative-mode-only redstone components that didn't cause any light updates.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

Taffer posted:

Why creative only? The light updates destroy performance and cause incredible amounts of bandwidth usage. They're terrible on a server.

Without the lights it would be impossible / annoying to do anything by hand with redstone. Maybe they could make it a toggleable server property.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

xzzy posted:

Wish youtube kept stats for how long people watched a video before stopping and/or closing the tab. Even skipping around to random points I could only handle about 20 seconds total.

They do actually, it's just only available to the uploader.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
Doesn't the game already track whether leaf blocks are player placed or natural? So it probably wouldn't be too hard to do that for other blocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

Umbra Dubium posted:

Now I'd love to see some non-Euclidean dungeons added to the worldgen.

That would be creepy as gently caress.

The Code III (adventure map) is very non-euclidean, if you want to scratch that itch.