Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Vole
Jul 19, 2003

muppet buttock

A Sassy Dog posted:

So I'm sure it has come up plenty in the past threads, but I've never seen it directly asked. How many builders are there involved in the Yogscast videos? And who plays all of the 'NPCs'? It sort of seemed like earlier on maybe Old_Peculier and Daisy_Dukes were the same person, and there still aren't that many active players on screen at once. The most I can recall was like, maybe three during the Battle of the Breach, and after Knight_Peculier gets his balls back I don't think there were as many mob lieutenants with Israphel.

I find the amount of planning and backroom work necessary for that show fascinating. It is no wonder they need to pad it out so much with Adventure Maps (not that those videos aren't great).

My favorite part of the Israphel videos is all the insane poo poo they build, honestly. I really hope they release their 'sets' as a map when the series is over, because I'd love to look around. There were plenty of things in the background that we never even saw- in the carnival, for example. I know I've heard somebody talk about making an adventure map out of it, but I'd be happy just to wander around looking at the architecture and reading signs :shobon:

Particularly in the later episodes, I do sort of get the feeling that some of the NPCs are silently on vent with them. It would be really difficult to do things smoothly otherwise.

So yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for a lot of 'behind the scenes' bonus DVD material, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Vole
Jul 19, 2003

muppet buttock

King of Solomon posted:

You joke, but some people actually have received malware from Ad.fly.

Yeah, I'd be less annoyed about ad.fly if it was just a matter of clicking through an ad and not the fact that I feel like my computer is going to get eight strains of herpes every goddamn time. They also do that poo poo where it's an ad disguised as a download link, which is awful on principle.

I'm probably going to donate some money directly to some of the mod makers, though. :)

Rabbi Vole
Jul 19, 2003

muppet buttock

Macaluso posted:

The music in this one was amazing :dance:

edit: holy poo poo the end!

I had no loving idea you could do that with pistons.

I swear this poo poo gets more elaborate every episode.

Rabbi Vole
Jul 19, 2003

muppet buttock

DNK posted:

An asymmetrical castle with three floors and two staircases per level. Make it out of cobblestone. Give it a lava mote. Once you have made this castle, instead rename it to a Keep, and then build the surrounding Wall of your Real Castle. Build a village to support your Keep.

You're going to need a real quarry to support this castle, but it can't be in sight of your castle because that's stupid. Construct a highway that the masons can use to build your castle.

Your primary threat are the mongols, who like scaling your walls with grappling hooks and seige towers. In order to combat this, you need to make your walls slope outwards and have lava pools at their top in regular intervals to make sure they cannot climb it.

Your closest allies are the Dwarves, who live inside of the nearest mountain. You need to carve out the inside of the mountain and give them their own throne.

Gnomish Technicians have devised a way to make floating sky highways, and you'll enlist their help in making a connective bridge from the top of your Wizards Tower into the Dwarven Home.

Mongols hate penises, so you need penis statues absolutely everywhere. They destroy them, so they must be made out of Obsidian or Diamond Ingots.

Strike the earth!