Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
Got the chain world, starting on some work tonight. (By the way, your directions to the 'house' were a bit vague - found it though.)

Fear not, fellow Minecrafters, for mobs flock to me like moths to the flame. Or my body to lava pools. Either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

Welp, true to form I was creepered while exploring so the chain world is passing along soon to Fishylungs.
I did a ton of infrastructure on the main house Danyull began, though there is still no roof... Although I managed to get a bed so spawn is set to the house now.

Enjoy the newly finished storeroom (w/ labeled chests) and the armory - I tried to get a good starting stockpile and foundation for the rest of you folks to work off of.

Post pictures! Kind of sucks I wont get to see what becomes of it.

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

Estel posted:

Finished my turn with the chain world. Spoiler:found the Intl Cron Memorial Observatory :)

We will never forget his hate of creepers and his love of small, dark places.

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

Ugh, so just updated to official 1.8, and now when I generate a new world, it says saving chunks and the window just goes black. It doesn't lock up or freeze, just goes black and does nothing.

Reinstalled the .jar, checked my Java, not sure what's going wrong.

I just want to play with blocks. :(

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I really hope someone can help me out here - I just downloaded the fix for the OpenGL fix posted on the last page and I can't get it to work, much like any mod on OSX.

Let me walk through this and tell me what I'm doing wrong:

1) Application Support/Minecraft/bin/ and change name of minecraft.jar to .zip, open folder contents
2) Replace class files with replacements in mod folder
3) Delete META-INF folder
4) Take contents and compress
5) Take Archive.zip and move it back to the /bin folder
6) Rename to minecraft.jar, accept prompt to use .jar

But now when I run minecraft, it'll crash to a black screen. Any ideas? :(

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

So apparently Notch fixed the OpenGL crash for OSX 10.5 users, but for some reason has the fix in the upcoming 1.9 patch instead of just updating to 1.8.2.

I don't really understand why he's placing a fix he wrote in two hours in a patch that isn't due for a couple of months, but oh well that's Notch I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I have a terrible habit of deleting worlds and not being able to stick with one.

In an effort to combat this, somebody give me a seed to blindly start a world with - I will force myself to stick with it no matter what.