Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Zorak posted:

Wow, if anyone with a ton of XP dies in a way that their XP globes are stuck in Physics, it basically kills the map.

My SMP was basically locked up until I managed to crawl over to where the person died and absorb the XP. The XP which absorbed for like three minutes straight :geno:

My only mistake was being too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Creepers seriously need to be restricted to a 2x1 blast radius or at the very least return all the blocks they destroy and not just half. I don't even care about dying to them, just give me my blocks back.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The Sweetling posted:

they all look unique and amazing.

They do all look amazing but I don't see how you can say they're unique when it's either the same crazy mountain formations or a huge ocean with island chains

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Maybe he's promoting his Magic the Gathering game with a Phyrexian invasion in Minecraft

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

So has Bethesda actually released any sort of vicious press release about this or are they just going through the motions as fast as possible because they know they have to at least try to defend their trademark to set a precedent ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest grow water.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

glitchwraith posted:

Wait, is there a pic of the new graphic out yet? Would like to see what it looks like. I will admit I'm a little sad to see the old square moon and sun go away, but moon phases sound cool. And this opens the door for events based on lunar cycles. Maybe wolves will be more prevalent and howl on full moons, or a tough werewolf mob spawns during them, or it's darker and monster spawn more during new moons. Just a few possibilities.

Also 1.9pre4 is out

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The joke was that the minecart didn't come off the track and then scanter off at the slightest touch. It's kind of subtle but it's there

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

MikeJF posted:

I just noticed that according to Jens' twitter, they wanted to buy Optifine and integrate it into the Minecraft code, but couldn't agree on the cost with the mod maker. :bang:

Damnit, Minecraft really could have used those improvements.

They could just take it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Dbhjed posted:

Notch went from being a one man team to an entire company in two years that is one hell of a growth spurt. Sadly the bad thing with big business is the bigger you are the less you can relate to a single person. His issues went from being this line of code is messed up to hey I am being sued by another company. People have a hard time with change :(

I'm pretty sure this is why people like/don't hate Jeb. 80% of his tweets are "Wowie zowie how is this happening" "Welp fixed that glitch" and the 20% are weird music he likes. He's become more relatable than Notch really

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Death Himself posted:

Don't talk poo poo until you've killed the dragon without armor and using only your mighty fist.

Whoa for a second I thought this was the Skyrim-yist pictures and stories thread

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

Well, that'll never change. Sheep always wanna go somewhere and will try and jump to do so.

They aren't the only ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-FORwG2oo&t=60s

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

That's a pretty sweet theme song you should steal it from him

Ba da ba ba ba .... D-d-doomish !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Narxysus posted:

Your jokes don't have punchlines.

This isn't even close to true. Are you sure you're looking at the right ones ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The Technic Pack (more specifically Buildcraft/Industrialcraft) may help to give more a "set up" period. Work towards building and designing a quarry then reap the benefits of autocollected materials for a pseudo-Creative mode.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

Why didn't infimniner or whatever it was called do this?

RPS: I’d imagine that creating the precursor to the million-selling MineCraft would raise conflicting emotions. Do you ever lie awake at night, howling into your pillow?

Zach Barth (Infiniminer creator): The act of borrowing ideas is integral to the creative process. There are games that came before Infiniminer, and there are games that will come after MineCraft. That’s how it works.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Everyone does this, right ??

It's not just me, right ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I can tell that the DF player is not very good because he built his Trade Depot way out in the open. Anyway I also think it's weird that the DF pictures paints a very easy to follow picture for me but because you're struggling with it everyone "[has] to use tilesets"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nodnarb posted:

Oh my God he's the Mirror Mirror version of Jason Alexander

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wish evil mobs would go after peaceful mobs.

Noooooooooooooooo way unless creepers were nerfed to not destroy blocks (do this anyway thanks)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Dibujante posted:

How will you make any tools at all, then?

If he means using tools to destroy wood blocks you could get a creeper to explode near a tree. If he means no wood at all well then that's different

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

posted:

A game ending that makes sense.

gently caress you Notch

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Notorious visitor to the Lost Continent servers "PalmTreeFun" unaware Lemuria was a lost continent

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Grumio posted:

I think the videos are fine in this thread. It keeps the thread moving along.

In that note, here's a map someone put together of the starting positions and tracks of the players for the first episode of season 5

Jeff Goldblum Kurt definitely didn't spawn over there. It seems like it was actually here and super-close to Pakratt (if that's even accurate)

e: Also looking at this map reminds me of how much I hate the biome gen

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If you people wouldn't talk about these Minecraft videos in this Minecraft thread we could go back to not posting except when a snapshot is released

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

toggle posted:

Nothing like anime to make me not want to watch something!

You think that's bad ?? I couldn't believe my eyes when I went to the museum the other day and they had anime hanging up on the walls like it was no big deal:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

MeinGott posted:

What bad rear end painting is this?

It's "View of Toledo" by El Greco. Impress your friends by recreating Spanish art in Minecraft

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo no one's making you watch them. No one's propping your eyes open Clockwork Orange-style and blasting you with twelve 30 minute videos until you're free to post about Minecraft again. What is wrong with you people that a post every couple of days compiling new Minecraft video links is enough to make you poo poo your pants and demand that it gets removed from your sight instantly and shunned into a separate thread ?? Yeah he went overboard with the spoilers and the headings maybe but he's admitted it and is toning it down.

I just cannot understand all this hate. Jesus Cr*sto

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I don't do a lot of adventure maps but they seem to have moved from "Read Note 1" signs to doing some crazy thing with maps as notes and I don't know if books will replace that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah I was mainly thinking of pictures and whatnot but even if it does take a little more effort a map is a blank slate, whereas books will always look like books and you're limited to the text formatting Jeb decides to put in.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Good start, but I wouldn't mind if they were a little bigger. Maybe twice of what they are in this snapshot

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I made a thread for the UHC videos

It's done now. You can talk about the videos in that thread.

Could you be any more of a manchild

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

It's important to remember that Notch doesn't actually play Minecraft, it's his coding sandbox for halfhearted game mechanics he's seen in games he likes to play. I guarantee you've put more thought into how the game plays than he has

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bebopaloobop posted:

Just being able to make it into a block that you can break down back into dust for storage would be great. Getting a silk touch pick and storing it that way is a pain.

I don't understand what you want that storing one thousand seven hundred and twenty eight redstone dusts in the space of a single block with a chest can't do

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Bebopaloobop posted:

Having a shiny red block would be cool and using less space to store more things is always good. I don't get why you'd be against that.

I'm not against it, I just think it's less than useless really. And before I go on I'll clarify now that I understand they can easily add both, but I'd really like for them to focus on implementing something like the Mine/Hack gameplay elements or the Dwarves vs. Zombies game mode before they add another half-baked block

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Here it is brightened/blown up for reference

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

TyroneGoldstein posted:

At least something printed in a language I can read easily.

Even if you could read it, it wouldn't matter because the words are as random as the spell you get.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Idea; If you brew a potion with an ender eye, drinking it will suck out your exp and store it in the bottle.

A phylactery that stores 10 levels and prevents one heart from regenerating. Can make multiple :unsmigghh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

A terrorist organization attempts to kidnap Minecraft's Notch for ransom, but ends up with a room full of identical fedora'd and bearded white men. They select one at random and earn 50,000 dollars for their efforts.

The Comedian weeping openly at the foot of Edgar Jacobi's bed, discussing Minecraft's development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sweet Christ, do not hesitate to mine any and all coal you come across now. I went from level 3 to 31 in a stack and a half.