Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

This is a cool app:
http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-US/app/4emetro/03537b32-9d6a-4a08-84cb-a6a304e8a42f

:siren: FAQ of the moment :siren:
Q: I get "an inner exception error" message saying that the following elements were not closed...

A: The easiest fix to the following elements were not closed issue is to delete all of your part files and re-download them if you can. Hopefully you will get full and complete files this time and everything will be rosy.

YAY!

Want to create a 3d100 battle axe? What about something even cheesier than Frostcheese? You've come to the right place!

Mustache Ride decided to set up a Mail list for everybody.
If you want to get in touch with someone with access to make updates to the part files, or make changes to whatever, you can send an email to dudes@cbloader.com

Lementhe made a loving cool as hell icon to use with your CBLoader Shortcut:

The current list of bugs that need fixin is here: Bug List. If you want to squash or add, click that. It is editable by everyone, so add something if you find one.

Homebrew ModsEverything in this list is contained here: Homebrew Everything - Updated 6/10

RyvenCedrylle posted:

Regarding the hybrid cavalier, blackguard and sentinel (also executioner): Like the hybrid Binder, I'm pretty sure the intent of the design was to have the at-will provided by the class feature replace the single at-will granted by the hybrid rules. I will not be changing it in the hybrid part file. If this bothers you, feel free to make a .part using this file as a patch.

EDIT Fixes:
* Removed Vampiric Reflexes from the Hybrid Vampire description
* Connected skill bonuses to the Hybrid Sentinel properly
* Corrected Archery Mastery feats for hybrids (note - this now shows up in Powers NOT Retraining; you may have to fix your character once when you update)
* Corrected Martial Cross-Training for Scouts
* Implemented MMAgCh's pending fixes from page 1 of this thread (Hybrid Battlemind and Ardent, Wild Savant, etc)
* Implemented Neils123's Executioner Attack Finesse fixes
* Warlord's Interupting Strike should now parse correctly

3rd Party Mods Everything from this list is here: 3rd Party Everything - Updated 6/8

From the Previous Thread:

The Pact Blade Manifestation feat has been depreciated and removed from the Hybrid Playtest documents and so it has been removed from the main files.

For folks who wish to continue to use it as a home-brew add-in you can download it here:
Download:
90-pact-blade-manifestation.part
This one file contains the original Pact Blades plus the variant.

Everything from all lists is contained here and will be updated regularly: Everything Everything - Updated 6/8
It took me 28 minutes to merge all the part files in this zip. Be patient.

Do you like index files? Do you like index files to all of your homebrewed content?

There you go!

If you would like something added to this list, PM me or post in this thread with the content.

Most content currently WORKS with sites such as Orokos or iPlay4e that pull data from the compendium. For example, here is Harask, Level 30 Sorcerer-King Warlock with content and equipment exclusively from the DSCS and here is Vistra, Level 30 Knight with content exclusively from Heroes of the Forgotten Lands. A few powers on Harask do not work due to them not being in the Compendium at this time (Wild Talents and Theme Powers).

NOTE: Please don't discuss piracy or the ethics of modding the character builder in this thread.

NEW PEOPLE WHO POST IN THIS THREAD!: Welcome to SA. We're different than that hole in the internet where you're used to posting. Please don't sign posts. Please read the rules. Please for the love of all that's holy don't sign your posts.

Have I mentioned not signing posts? No? Don't do it.

:siren: New New Rule of the Thread: don't link to stuff that someone would have to pay to get. That will get this thread closed down, and people can get banned for it. :siren:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

FAQ

I have to always loving wait for the loader to merge my stuff, can't I just get at the builder and let that poo poo merge in the background?
Yes. Fast mode starts up the builder and patches in the background while you advance your characters and what not. So you don't have to wait and you still get updates.

A fast mode configuration file looks like this:

code:
<Settings xmlns="http://code.google.com/p/cbloader/cbconfig.xsd">
  <Folders>
    <Custom>%AppData%\CBL-CustomParts\</Custom>
  </Folders>
  <VerboseMode> true </VerboseMode>
  <FastMode> true </FastMode>
  <UpdateFirst> false </UpdateFirst>
  <CBPath>path to your character builder</CBPath>
  <BasePath>%AppData%\CBLoader\</BasePath>
  <Ignore>
    <Part>sample.part</Part>
  </Ignore>
</Settings>
The important two lines are:
code:
<FastMode> true </FastMode>
<UpdateFirst> false </UpdateFirst>
Hard Patch Mode

If you are having trouble getting any mods to show up, try this method. Navigate to your character builder folder using the command prompt (Windows key+R, type in cmd.exe. use cd.. and cd [FOLDER NAME] to get to C:\Program Files\Wizards of the Coast\ Character Builder\etc) and type `cbloader.exe -p` this will create a 'hard' patch of your character builder, causing it to always use your custom file no matter how it is launched. This can be useful if you are having trouble having your changes show up in regular mode, specifically if the command prompt does not disapear when character builder loads, and you receive an error about a pipeline after you close character builder.

However, please note that you will still need to rerun `cbloader.exe` each time you make a change to a .part file to get those changes merged in. In general, I do not recommend this mode unless it is absolutely necessary.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 13, 2012

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Drewjitsu’s Guide to adding that Frostcheese/Radiant Mafia/Push-Proning Warshovel to character builder FAQ

:siren: Message to all developers :siren:
There has been a little degredation of quality of .part files over the last little bit. All that we ask you do is to:
1) Keep track of your changes by adding a date line, and what you did to change the file in the Change log. This is very important.
2) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE when you think you have new content to update, run it though your cbloader first before uploading it. I understand that it won't catch everything, but it's better than nothing.
3) Bask in the glow of a job well done, you've assisted many dice-chuckers in getting their characters to their local tables!

Note for Everyone Who Submits Stuff
It is much more difficult for any of us to get submissions from people by e-mail with changed "whole" files. Since there are at-least five of us changing the files all the time we don't always know when someone made a small change (even an important one) and I don't want to overwrite anyone's work or worse cause a crash situation. So when people send me a whole file with tons of modifications I am likely to miss something and fail to include it. So it is much preferred to just get the changed code segments. Thanks again for your help.

So you want to add some custom content into the Character Builder? Good. This guide will walk you through the steps used to do so, and hopefully give you some tips and tricks to speed up the process.

Some basic tools for manipulating .part files would first be a good thing to grab. Because notepad sucks for doing this. I myself use Notepad++, who's pleasing colors... please me. Feel free to use any text manipulation program, but I would suggest one that can interpret xml code and give you nice colors to look at.

Because we don't have a fancy content adding program like WotC uses, we'll have to create the format for new content our self. To do this, keep the combined.dnd40.main file open, so you can refer to it for help if you get stuck. This .main file is located in the same directory you installed cbloader, and is created after cbloader has properly run.

Click here for examples on how to Code new content.

If you would like to create some customized content, there is a new little program to help.

Part Helper is a program that will create the structure for your content and code most of the xml for you. It makes it simple to create new powers/items/etc. Some of the buttons and other things don't work (it is pre-alpha) but give it a try and see if it will help. I do suggest you read the readme in the zip file before you do anything.

Most of the “Developers” :v: that post frequently in the thread were just like you, cold, clueless to as to how they make new content to throw into the builder. The best suggestion that I have if you want to take up the banner of making new stuff for the builder is to have a look at what has come before. If you want to make an item that resembles something else, see how that something else is done first. I can assure you, I’m basically retarded at this stuff, and after having a look at what you need to do to make items, feats, powers, etc, it’s not that difficult. If I can do it, so can you.

Remember that to start your file off it should have
code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<D20Rules game-system="D&amp;D4E">
at the start and
code:
</D20Rules>
at the end

Bits of code that might assist you

XML characters you might find helpful (maybe less so now that we've gone to using <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> at the start of each file, but nonetheless):
code:
bullet points
&#x2022;
to represent the • character.

Same goes for the EM Dash (or the double dash): —
&#x2014;

EN Dash (or single dash): –
&#x2013;

Ellipsis: …
&#x2026;

Apostrophe: '
&apos;

Quotation Marks: "
&quot;

Non-breaking space " "
&#160;
Want to equip something for either one slot or another?
code:
    <specific name="_AlternateSlot"> Feet </specific>
to allow you to equip your item in another slot than the first.

:siren:STYLE GUIDE:siren:
Themes be formatted in the following fashion:

code:
  <RulesElement name="THEME NAME" type="Theme" internal-id="INTERNAL_ID_001" source="The Twisted Depths of your mind" revision-date="12/21/2012 7:28:25 PM">
    <specific name="_PARSED_SUB_FEATURES"> ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_001,ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_002,ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_003 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_XXX_POWER_001,ID_XXX_POWER_002,ID_XXX_POWER_003 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_001" type="Class Feature" />
      <grant name="ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_002" type="Class Feature" level="5" />
      <grant name="ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_003" type="Class Feature" level="10" />
    </rules>
FLAVOUR TEXT
Creating YOUR THEME: FLAVOUR TEXT
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="THEME Starting Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_001" source="The Twisted Depths of your mind" revision-date="12/21/2012 7:28:25 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain the THEME power. </specific>
    <specific name="_CS_ShortDescription"> @ </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_XXX_POWER_001</specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_XXX_POWER_001" type="Power" />
    </rules> 
FLAVOUR TEXT
  Benefit: You gain the THEME power.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Level 5 THEME Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_002" source="The Twisted Depths of your mind" revision-date="12/21/2012 7:28:25 PM">
    <Category> 5 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Usually You get skills here, if you do, remember to suppress this with the next line, otherwise, DELETE THE FOLLOWING LINE </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 5 </specific>
 <rules>
      <statadd name="Skill 1 Misc" value="+2" />
      <statadd name="Skill 2  Misc" value="+2" />
    </rules>
FLAVOUR TEXT
  Benefit: You get a benefit.
</RulesElement>
  <RulesElement name="Level 10 THEME Feature" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_XXX_CLASS_FEATURE_003" source="The Twisted Depths of your mind" revision-date="12/21/2012 7:28:25 PM">
    <Category> 10 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> You gain some sort of feat like crazy bonus. </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 10 </specific>
    <rules>
Crazy stuff!
    </rules>
FLAVOUR
  Benefit: What did you get!?
</RulesElement>

Comments: If a feature of the theme grants a power (like most every theme), it doesn't need to show up on the character sheet under Class/Path/Destiny Features. Neither does +2 to skills (usually handed out at level 5). Only put stuff onto the character sheet if it isn't mechanically represented somewhere else.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 14, 2012

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Note
The Pact Blade Manifestation feat has been depreciated and removed from the Hybrid Playtest documents and so it has been removed from the main files.

For folks who wish to continue to use it as a home-brew add-in you can download it here:
Download:
90-pact-blade-manifestation.part

This one file contains the original Pact Blades plus the variant.

8w-gremlin
Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone have the Neverwinter Campaign Guide yet?
and will they be adding in the various parts to the various dot.parts?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

8w-gremlin posted:

Yes, it will slowly filter through in the next week or two.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 30, 2012

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
I removed the link from my post in the other thread.

Also, should we post a link to the original thread in this OP, just in case anyone needs to reference something in it?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Wow that OP looks familiar...

Honestly I was going to go out and buy the Neverwinter CG and step back into coding all those glorious themes but after hearing that the OCB already has them implemented it'll be an easy thing to grab the XML data from that and add Rules Elements.

Once I extract everything I'll post it here and start working up the rules.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mustache Ride posted:

Honestly I was going to go out and buy the Neverwinter CG and step back into coding all those glorious themes but after hearing that the OCB already has them implemented it'll be an easy thing to grab the XML data from that and add Rules Elements.

Why try to improve on perfection? It's a great OP.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So here's a bunch of fixes I've been using for some time now which the people responsible might or might not want to incorporate in the "official" part files. (Which is to say, as far as I can tell none of these issues has been addressed already.)

Edit: sorted out the table breakage, I hope – had to introduce some manual line breaks in the Ardent Surge, Leaf Runner Sneak Fell the Strong Special/Associated Power Info/Hit entries, as well as in the Category tags of Hammer Shot and Fell the Strong, for anyone who's going to put this together again.

Implement Focus (ki focuses): not working with superior ki focuses.
code:
<RulesElement name="Implement Focus (Ki focuses)" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_FEAT_IMPLEMENT_FOCUS_(KI_FOCUSES)" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands">
  <Prereqs> Implement Proficiency (Ki Focuses) </Prereqs>
  <print-prereqs> Implement Proficiency (Ki Focuses) </print-prereqs>
  <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_FEAT_3142 </specific>
  <specific name="Short Description"> +1 feat bonus per tier to implement damage rolls with a Ki focuses </specific>
  <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
  <rules>
     <statadd name="Implement Focus ki focus" value="+1" />
     <statadd name="Implement Focus ki focus" value="+1" requires="11 level" />
     <statadd name="Implement Focus ki focus" value="+1" requires="21 level" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Accurate Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Fluid Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Inexorable Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Iron Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Mighty Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Mountain Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Serene Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="implement:damage(Transcendent Ki Focus)" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
     <statadd name="ki focuses implement,implement:damage" value="+Implement Focus ki focus" type="Feat" />
  </rules>
You gain a +1 feat bonus to the damage rolls of implement attacks you make with a Ki focuses. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.
</RulesElement>
Wands of Radiance: don't really want to quote the code and make this post longer still because it's merely their item bonuses to radiant damage rolls that need adjusting: +2 and +3 for the +3/+4 and +5/+6 variants, respectively. Note that apparently, identical versions of these wands are found in both 03-base-items.part and 04-new-items.part, which seems redundant to me. (There are several other items that do this too, but maybe there's some kind of point to it?)

Mantle of Impulsiveness: now available to hybrids. I also went ahead and included a modified version of Ardent Surge that includes the MoI bonus in the actual power; accordingly, both versions of the class feature (plain and hybrid) I've likewise included have had the relevant text removed.
code:
<RulesElement name="Ardent Mantle (Hybrid)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2341" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:06 PM" >
      <Category> 1 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description" />
      <specific name="_PARSED_SUB_FEATURES"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2342, ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2343, ID_MMA_CLASS_FEATURE_000001 </specific>
      <rules>
         <select type="Class Feature" number="1" Category="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2341" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASFEATURE_ARDENT_MANTLE" type="CountsAsFeature" />
      </rules>
This class feature functions as the ardent class feature, except that you don't gain the power associated with the mantle you choose.
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Mantle of Impulsiveness (Hybrid)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_MMA_CLASS_FEATURE_000001" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:07 PM" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2341,1 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Allies within 5 gain Con modifier to damage rolls if targeted by OA, +2 to Endurance and Intimidate. </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASFEATURE_MANTLE_OF_IMPULSIVENESS" type="CountsAsFeature" />
      </rules>
When an ally within 5 squares of you is targeted by an opportunity attack, that ally gains a power bonus to damage rolls equal to your Constitution modifier until the end of his or her turn.
	In addition, each ally within 5 squares of you gains a +2 bonus to Endurance checks and Intimidate checks.
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Mantle Power" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2345" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:06 PM" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_HYBRID_CLASS_588,1 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Gain power of mantle you chose </specific>
      <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_10272,ID_FMP_POWER_11060,ID_FMP_POWER_12931 </specific>
      <rules>
	 <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_10272" type="Power" requires="Mantle of Clarity" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_11060" type="Power" requires="Mantle of Elation" />
	 <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_12931" type="Power" requires="Mantle of Impulsiveness" />
      </rules>
      <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_529 </specific>
You gain the power associated with the Ardent Mantle option you chose.
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Ardent Eruption" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_12931" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="9/21/2010 1:45:32 PM" >
      <Flavor> Your pain bleeds from you in a wave, touching your allies and lending new ferocity to their attacks. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
      <specific name="_SkillPower" />
      <specific name="Display"> Ardent Feature  </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Psionic </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> No Action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Close burst 5 </specific>
      <specific name="Trigger"> You are bloodied by an attack </specific>
      <specific name="Target"> Each ally in burst </specific>
      <specific name="Effect"> The target gains a +2 bonus to his or her damage rolls until the start of your next turn.
Level 11: +4 bonus.
Level 21: +6 bonus. </specific>
      <specific name="_Associated Feats" />
      <specific name="Level" />
      <specific name="Power Type"> Feature </specific>
      <specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2916,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2345 </specific>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Mantle of Impulsiveness" type="CountsAsFeature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASFEATURE_MANTLE_OF_IMPULSIVENESS" source="Core" >
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Ardent Surge" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_10273" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="8/27/2010 11:53:28 AM" >
      <Flavor> You send a surge of powerful emotion that revives a faltering ally. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter (Special) </specific>
      <specific name="Display"> Ardent Feature  </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Healing, Psionic </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> Minor Action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Close burst 5 (10 at 16th level) </specific>
      <specific name="Target"> You or one ally </specific>
      <specific name="Effect"> The target can spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points.
	Level 6: 2d6 additional hit points.
	Level 11: 3d6 additional hit points.
	Level 16: 4d6 additional hit points.
	Level 21: 5d6 additional hit points.
	Level 26: 6d6 additional hit points. </specific>
      <specific name="	Mantle of Clarity"> The target gains a +1 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn. </specific>
      <specific name="	Mantle of Elation"> The target gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn. </specific>
      <specific name="	Mantle of Impulsiveness"> The target gains a +2 bonus to speed until the end of your next turn. </specific>
      <specific name="Special"> You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter,
 but only once per round. </specific>
      <specific name="_Associated Feats" />
      <specific name="Level" />
      <specific name="Power Type"> Feature </specific>
      <specific name="_ParentFeature"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2138,ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2346 </specific>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Mantle of Impulsiveness" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2916" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:07 PM" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2136,1 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Gain Ardent Eruption power, improve Ardent Surge power. Allies within 5 squares gain bonuses. </specific>
      <specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_12931 </specific>
      <specific name="type"> Encounter </specific>
      <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_12931 </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_12931" type="Power" requires="Ardent Mantle|Mantle Power" />
      </rules>
When an ally within 5 squares of you is targeted by an opportunity attack, that ally gains a power bonus to damage rolls equal to your Constitution modifier until the end of his or her turn.
	In addition, each ally within 5 squares of you gains a +2 bonus to Endurance checks and Intimidate checks. You also gain the ardent eruption power.
   </RulesElement>
Persistent Harrier: now available to hybrids. Also includes a fix for the Wild Savant feat.
code:
<RulesElement name="Wild Savant" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_3394" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="9/21/2010 1:43:59 PM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS_BATTLEMIND,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS </Category>
      <Prereqs> Any multiclass battlemind feat, paragon multiclassing as a battlemind </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> Any multiclass battlemind feat, paragon multiclassing as a battlemind </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Battlemind: Psionic Study power 1/day </specific>
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="type"> Multiclass Battlemind </specific>
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />
      <rules>
         <select type="Power" number="1" Category="ID_FMP_POWER_13024|ID_FMP_POWER_10441|ID_FMP_POWER_11155|ID_FMP_POWER_12418" />
         <modify Field="Power Usage" value="Daily" />
      </rules>
Choose a power granted by a battlemind Psionic Study. You can use that power once per day.
   </RulesElement>
<RulesElement name="Psionic Study (Hybrid)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2526" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="10/14/2010 9:29:04 AM">
     <Category> ID_FMP_HYBRID_CLASS_590,1 </Category>
     <specific name="Short Description"> Battlemind may pick a psionic study power </specific>
      <specific name="_PARSED_SUB_FEATURES"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2527, ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2528, ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2663, ID_MMA_CLASS_FEATURE_000002 </specific>
      <rules>
         <select type="Class Feature" number="1" Category="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2526" />
      </rules>
Battleminds learn to fight using their bodies as weapons. Some battleminds alter their own form to fit their needs. Other battleminds use their psionic power to predict
 the best position for launching an attack.
Choose one of these options.
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Persistent Harrier (Hybrid)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_MMA_CLASS_FEATURE_000002" source="Psionic Power" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:06 PM" >
      <Category> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_2526,1 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Battlemind gets the persistent harrier class power. </specific>
      <specific name="Powers"> ID_FMP_POWER_13024 </specific>
      <specific name="type"> Encounter </specific>
      <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_124 </specific>
      <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_FMP_POWER_13024 </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_FMP_POWER_13024" type="Power" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASFEATURE_PERSISTENT_HARRIER" type="CountsAsFeature" />
      </rules>
You gain the persistent harrier power, which reflects the ease with which you can outmaneuver your opponents.
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Persistent Harrier" type="CountsAsFeature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASFEATURE_PERSISTENT_HARRIER" source="Core" >
   </RulesElement>
Goring Charge: the second line of the "Attack" specific tag needs to read "Increase to +6 bonus at 11th level and +8 bonus at 21st level." or the CB won't parse it and keep the power from scaling at paragon/epic tier.

Orb of Nimble Thought: still uses pre-errata stats.
code:
<RulesElement name="Orb of Nimble Thoughts +1" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_8763" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/1/2010 10:41:53 AM" >
      <Flavor> This scarlet crystal lets you move across the battlefield at the speed of thought to avoid your foes' attacks. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 3 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 680 </specific>
      <specific name="Magic Item Type"> Orb </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="_Item_Set_ID" />
      <specific name="Armor" />
      <specific name="Weapon" />
      <specific name="Item Slot"> Off-hand </specific>
      <specific name="Requirement" />
      <specific name="Critical"> +1d6 psychic damage </specific>
      <specific name="Power"> Power (Encounter * Augmentable): Move Action. You shift a number of squares equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Augment 1: You regain the use of this power. </specific>
      <specific name="_Rarity"> Uncommon </specific>
      <specific name="Enhancement"> +1 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
      <specific name="Granted Powers" />
      <specific name="Property"> You gain an item bonus to initiative checks equal to the enhancement bonus of this orb. </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Initiative Misc" value="+1" type="item" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Orb of Nimble Thoughts +2" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_8764" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/1/2010 10:41:53 AM" >
      <Flavor> This scarlet crystal lets you move across the battlefield at the speed of thought to avoid your foes' attacks. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Level"> 8 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 3400 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Critical"> +2d6 psychic damage </specific>
      <specific name="Power"> Power (Encounter * Augmentable): Move Action. You shift a number of squares equal to your Intelligence modifier.

<specific name="Enhancement"> +2 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
      <specific name="Property"> You gain an item bonus to initiative checks equal to the enhancement bonus of this orb. </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Initiative Misc" value="+2" type="item" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Orb of Nimble Thoughts +3" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_8765" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/1/2010 10:41:53 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 13 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 17000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Critical"> +3d6 psychic damage </specific>

<specific name="Enhancement"> +3 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Initiative Misc" value="+3" type="item" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Orb of Nimble Thoughts +4" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_8766" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/1/2010 10:41:54 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 18 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 85000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Critical"> +4d6 psychic damage </specific>

<specific name="Enhancement"> +4 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Initiative Misc" value="+4" type="item" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Orb of Nimble Thoughts +5" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_8767" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/1/2010 10:41:54 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 23 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 425000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Critical"> +5d6 psychic damage </specific>

<specific name="Enhancement"> +5 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Initiative Misc" value="+5" type="item" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Orb of Nimble Thoughts +6" type="Magic Item" internal-id="ID_FMP_MAGIC_ITEM_8768" source="Player's Handbook 3" revision-date="9/1/2010 10:41:54 AM" >
      <specific name="Level"> 28 </specific>
      <specific name="Gold"> 2125000 </specific>
      <specific name="Tier" />
      <specific name="Critical"> +6d6 psychic damage </specific>

<specific name="Enhancement"> +6 attack rolls and damage rolls </specific>
      <rules>
         <statadd name="Initiative Misc" value="+6" type="item" />
      </rules>
   </RulesElement>
Leaf Runner Sneak/Fell the Strong/Hammer Shot: the first should be referencing the second instead of the third.
code:
<RulesElement name="Leaf Runner Sneak" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_FMP_FEAT_2354" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:05 PM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_GREATER_STYLE </Category>
      <Prereqs> Rogue, Leaf Runner Student feat </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> Rogue, Leaf Runner Student feat </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Short Description" />
      <specific name="type"> Greater Style </specific>
      <specific name="Associated Power Info"> Your attacks with powers associated with this feat ignore cover and concealment and take only a -2 penalty to attack rolls against a target
 that has total concealment or superior cover. </specific>
      <specific name="Associated Powers"> Numbing Shot, Fell the Strong, Perfect Sniper </specific>
If you are attacking with a hand crossbow, a repeating crossbow, a shortbow, a shuriken, or a sling and you have proficiency with that weapon, you gain the following benefit.

Shadow Steel Roll (Rogue): (Only when used as a ranged attack)

Killer's Ambush (Rogue): (Only when used as a ranged attack)

Surprising Assault (Rogue): (Only when used as a ranged attack)
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Hammer Shot" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_1542" source="Player's Handbook" revision-date="8/27/2010 11:25:31 AM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_5,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_36,
ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,23 </Category>
      <Flavor> You test the strength of your bowstring as you pull an arrow back as far as it will go and unleash it upon your unsuspecting foe. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Display"> Ranger Attack 23 </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Martial, Weapon </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> Standard action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged weapon </specific>
      <specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
      <specific name="Attack"> Dexterity vs. Fortitude </specific>
      <specific name="Hit"> 4[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to 2 + your Wisdom modifier. </specific>
      <specific name="_Associated Feats"> ID_FMP_FEAT_2325, ID_FMP_FEAT_2387 </specific>
      <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_5 </specific>
      <specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Fell the Strong" type="Power" internal-id="ID_FMP_POWER_10810" source="Martial Power 2" revision-date="8/27/2010 11:56:30 AM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_FMP_CLASS_6,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_36,
ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,23 </Category>
      <Flavor> Your shot sinks into your foe, causing excruciating pain. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Display"> Rogue Attack 23 </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Martial, Weapon </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> Standard action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged weapon </specific>
      <specific name="Requirement"> You must be wielding a crossbow, a light blade, or a sling. </specific>
      <specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
      <specific name="Attack"> Dexterity vs. AC </specific>
      <specific name="Hit"> 3[W] + Dexterity modifier damage. The next time the target attacks before the end of your next turn, it takes damage equal to 
twice your Intelligence modifier. </specific>
      <specific name="	Cunning Sneak"> The target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn if you were hidden from it when you made the attack. </specific>
      <specific name="_Associated Feats"> ID_FMP_FEAT_2354 </specific>
      <specific name="Class"> ID_FMP_CLASS_6 </specific>
      <specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
   </RulesElement>
Metamorphosis of Spellflame: "Attack Type" should be "Ranged 10".

Untouchable Shade: the modify tag still retains the old effect; "become insubstantial to" should read "take half damage from".

Shadowslayer: still uses pre-errata text.
code:
<RulesElement name="Shadowslayer" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_876" source="Dragon Magazine Annual 2009,Dragon Magazine 366" revision-date="10/5/2010 1:47:04 PM" >
      <Category> 16 </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Apply sneak attack to opportunity attacks on a miss while concealed and target granting combat advantage. </specific>
      <specific name="Level"> 16 </specific>
While you have any concealment, you can deal your Sneak Attack damage when you make an opportunity attack against a target granting combat advantage, even if you miss.
   </RulesElement>
What a mouthful! :shobon:

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 11, 2011

Koranak
Aug 5, 2011
Please note I am quoting the old thread here:

Greyhawk Fan posted:

On other news since Kamahl seems pretty busy and I think it is going to be a bit before the next CBLoader update would you folks be interested in monthly update index for the main files? Basically, this would be an alternative index file where you would only get an update once per month. It would cut out all of your merging except for once a month unless you are doing your own part files or using some home-brew stuff that is modified a lot. The upside is merging only once a month but the downside is you get all the updates at the end of the month instead of along the way. Speak up if you want this. I think I can implement this alternative index with some minimal setup. It would not affect the normal index and files.
I for one would greatly prefer the ability to choose whether to check for updates as a totally separate process from starting the character builder. I check this thread frequently, and when I see something major has been added, or something that I use has been updated/fixed, I'd like to press the magic red button and have the shiny new stuff.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Koranak posted:

Please note I am quoting the old thread here:

I for one would greatly prefer the ability to choose whether to check for updates as a totally separate process from starting the character builder. I check this thread frequently, and when I see something major has been added, or something that I use has been updated/fixed, I'd like to press the magic red button and have the shiny new stuff.

I'd like this too.

One thing I am confused about though with the person that got yelled at for posting links to stuff at the end of the last thread - once it gets converted to the character builder isn't that the same, as you don't need a subscription?

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009

Mr Beens posted:

One thing I am confused about though with the person that got yelled at for posting links to stuff at the end of the last thread - once it gets converted to the character builder isn't that the same, as you don't need a subscription?

The article that was linked was supposed to be only available with a paid D&D Insider account, including flavour text, pretty pictures, etc - not just a list of game mechanics.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mr Beens posted:

Distributing full PDFs of proprietary content is :filez: and :filez: is explicitly against the forum rules and has been ruled a illegal in many countries, including the one SA is hosted in. Do not use SA to distribute pirated media, especially not in this thread of all threads.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 11, 2011

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

Yeah. I'm surprised they got the OCB updated that fast. I guess they wanted to have it updated so people could use it to make characters for GenCon? Maybe? Who knows. I am disappointed that the Uthgart Barbarian theme's primary feature is an encounter power and not an at-will, but I guess it could be worse: they could have made it a daily power. :: Shudders ::

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Koranak posted:

I can easily give you a once-a-month option by using a separate index. As far as the "magic red button" goes that is a lot harder. We are pretty dependent on waiting for Kamahl to design that and he is going to do it for you all. It just takes time and he is a busy man. I am working on a new CBLoader installer package however. Let me see if I can tweak the hard patch into some kind of fake button. :) Perhaps I can use Nystul's Magic Aura on a shortcut...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

So uhhh, I've had the CB for a while. I just went to start it up and I keep getting this message:

Please contact Customer Service at <some wizards website>

Anyone know what's up with that?

Entilzha4
Feb 17, 2011

S.J. posted:

So uhhh, I've had the CB for a while. I just went to start it up and I keep getting this message:

Please contact Customer Service at <some wizards website>

Anyone know what's up with that?

Sounds to me like there's something wrong with your part files (likely they have merged in the wrong order).

I'd first try the cleanup batch file and rerun CBLoader.

If that doesn't work, maybe it's one of your custom part files. If you are using any homebrew part files, rerun the cleanup batch file, and leave out the custom part files. If it now works, then there's probably a conflict within one of those files.

If it still doesn't work, then let us know; Other people might have a suggestion.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Entilzha4 posted:

Sounds to me like there's something wrong with your part files (likely they have merged in the wrong order).

I'd first try the cleanup batch file and rerun CBLoader.

If that doesn't work, maybe it's one of your custom part files. If you are using any homebrew part files, rerun the cleanup batch file, and leave out the custom part files. If it now works, then there's probably a conflict within one of those files.

If it still doesn't work, then let us know; Other people might have a suggestion.

Nah, I'm just running the wizards everything stuff, nothing else. I'll try that and get back to you though, thanks.

e: The cleanup worked! Thanks duder.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 12, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

EDIT: Whole post removed since links are dead and out-dated.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 13, 2012

neils123
Jun 18, 2011
So it looks like my fix for Attack Finesse (Hybrid) (and by extension, Attack Finesse) never made it into the final files. If folks will recall, this is to make the Attack Finesse power work on the power cards correctly. I assume this fix has to get into the assassin.part and hybrid.part files. Will someone who has that ability do this? Should I repost the code?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

neils123 posted:

So it looks like my fix for Attack Finesse (Hybrid) (and by extension, Attack Finesse) never made it into the final files. If folks will recall, this is to make the Attack Finesse power work on the power cards correctly. I assume this fix has to get into the assassin.part and hybrid.part files. Will someone who has that ability do this? Should I repost the code?

Please repost. I will ensure it gets into the builder.

neils123
Jun 18, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

Please repost. I will ensure it gets into the builder.

Thanks. Here's the code for Attack Finesse (Hybrid). I've tested it quite thoroughly, so I'm sure it works properly. Though, I'm just looking now, and it doesn't look like the hybrid executioner (which was playtest for a long time, but finalized in Wednesday's update) has gotten into the hybrid.part file yet, so I'm not sure if this will help until that happens. Also, it may need a new class feature id.

code:
<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Hybrid Executioner)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_CDJ_CLASS_FEATURE_40004" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
  <Category> 1 </Category>
  <Flavor> For the executioner, speed, agility, and precision are more important than muscle. An executioner learns how to handle any weapon with a finesse that lends itself to more accurate strikes. </Flavor>
  <specific name="Short Description"> 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow. </specific>
  <specific name="_CLASSNAME"> </specific>
  <rules>
      <textstring name="melee basic:key ability" value="Dexterity" />
      <modify name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK" Field="Attack" value="Dexterity vs. AC" />
      <modify name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK" Field="Hit" value="1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage." />
      <modify name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK" Field="Level 21" value="2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage." />
      <grant name="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HYBRID_HEROIC_TIER" type="Class Feature" Level="1-10" />
      <grant name="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HYBRID_PARAGON_TIER" type="Class Feature" Level="11-20" />
      <grant name="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HYBRID_EPIC_TIER" type="Class Feature" Level="21-30" />
  </rules>
You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for your melee basic attacks.
	In addition, once per turn you can deal 1d8 extra damage on a basic attack, assassin attack power or assassin paragon path attack power with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, a garrote, a blowgun, or a shortbow. The extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Hybrid Executioner - Heroic)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HYBRID_HEROIC_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +1d8 damage once per turn with an attack with a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow </specific>
    <rules>
      <textstring name="one-hand,melee basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="one-hand,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="Garrote,melee basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="Blowgun,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="Shortbow,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Garrote:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Blowgun:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Shortbow:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,one-hand:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
    </rules>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Hybrid Executioner - Paragon)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HYBRID_PARAGON_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +2d8 damage once per turn with an attack with a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow </specific>
    <rules>
      <textstring name="one-hand,melee basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="one-hand,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="Garrote,melee basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="Blowgun,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="Shortbow,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Garrote:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Blowgun:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Shortbow:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,one-hand:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
    </rules>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Hybrid Executioner - Epic)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HYBRID_EPIC_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +3d8 damage once per turn with an attack with a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow </specific>
    <rules>
      <textstring name="one-hand,melee basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="one-hand,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="Garrote,melee basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="Blowgun,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="Shortbow,ranged basic:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Garrote:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Blowgun:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,Shortbow:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="ID_FMP_CLASS_466,one-hand:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
    </rules>
</RulesElement>
I haven't actually done this for the regular (non-hybrid) executioner, but it should work very similarly. Here's what I believe it should be, though I haven't tested it.

code:
<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Executioner)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3533" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of Shadow" revision-date="4/11/2011 1:43:54 PM">
  <Category> 1 </Category>
  <Flavor> For the executioner, speed, agility, and precision are more important than muscle. An executioner learns how to handle any weapon with a finesse that lends itself to more accurate strikes. </Flavor>
  <specific name="Short Description"> 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow. </specific>
  <specific name="_CLASSNAME"> Executioner </specific>
  <rules>
      <textstring name="melee basic:key ability" value="Dexterity" />
      <modify name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK" Field="Attack" value="Dexterity vs. AC" />
      <modify name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK" Field="Hit" value="1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage." />
      <modify name="ID_INTERNAL_POWER_MELEE_BASIC_ATTACK" Field="Level 21" value="2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage." />
      <grant name="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HEROIC_TIER" type="Class Feature" Level="1-10" />
      <grant name="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_PARAGON_TIER" type="Class Feature" Level="11-20" />
      <grant name="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_EPIC_TIER" type="Class Feature" Level="21-30" />
  </rules>
You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for your melee basic attacks.
	In addition, once per turn you can deal 1d8 extra damage with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, a garrote, a blowgun, or a shortbow. The extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Executioner - Heroic)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_HEROIC_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +1d8 damage once per turn with an attack with a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow </specific>
    <rules>
      <textstring name="one-hand:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="Garrote:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="Blowgun:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      <textstring name="Shortbow:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+1d8" />
      </rules>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Executioner - Paragon)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_PARAGON_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +2d8 damage once per turn with an attack with a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow </specific>
    <rules>
      <textstring name="one-hand:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="Garrote:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="Blowgun:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
      <textstring name="Shortbow:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+2d8" />
    </rules>
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Attack Finesse (Executioner - Epic)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_ATTACK_FINESSE_EPIC_TIER" source="Dragon Magazine 400" revision-date="7/21/2011 10:09:00 PM">
    <Category> 1 </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +3d8 damage once per turn with an attack with a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow </specific>
    <rules>
      <textstring name="one-hand:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="Garrote:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="Blowgun:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
      <textstring name="Shortbow:damage" condition="once per turn (Attack Finesse)" value="+3d8" />
    </rules>
</RulesElement>
Thanks very much!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, had to take a couple of days to remember how I extracted the data again,

Online Character Builder XML Dump (Aug 2011)

Neverwinter Campaign Guide Dump

Remember, no rules elements. I'll take a look at whats already written for the NCG and start coding whats missing.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Potentially silly question: it's great that the scout's Spinning Axe Mastery class feature now actually applies to damage rolls instead of merely displaying the bonus conditionally (cleverly done, that, by the way) – is there any reason the same can't be done for Flashing Blade Mastery?

I've tentatively thrown together up a .part that makes it apply to daggers and short swords, and it seems to work fine. Of course there are considerably more off-hand light blades than off-hand axes, but that doesn't strike me as much of a reason to skip Flashing Blade Mastery altogether. Perhaps I am missing something?

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Potentially silly question: it's great that the scout's Spinning Axe Mastery class feature now actually applies to damage rolls instead of merely displaying the bonus conditionally (cleverly done, that, by the way) – is there any reason the same can't be done for Flashing Blade Mastery?

I've tentatively thrown together up a .part that makes it apply to daggers and short swords, and it seems to work fine. Of course there are considerably more off-hand light blades than off-hand axes, but that doesn't strike me as much of a reason to skip Flashing Blade Mastery altogether. Perhaps I am missing something?

Yes. I upgraded Spinning Axe Mastery a few weeks ago. Glad you like it. I promised myself after working on Hexblades so extensively that my next character would be a hexblade. After looking it over a few times and also based on what the other players were intending I elected to pick a scout instead. Also our group was good aligned and the whole "I am tricking my evil master that I am sworn to and keeping those damned souls from him" argument seems totally hosed up. We played our first session last weekend and running an elven scout was a lot of fun mostly from the background, role-playing, and stuff like Wilderness Knacks was cool too. I felt handicapped damage-wise versus a real ranger but I think it will still be a lot of fun. I noticed the weirdness with Spinning Axe Mastery when I rolled up my dude. And like you said there were only like 2 or perhaps 4 off-hand axes and it was easy to fix. :)

I can take a look at Flashing Blade Mastery and see what I can do. I was going to rob the "Tempest Technique" class feature lingo for it but it only adds the attack bonus to the off-hand weapon. I can mirror the same approach I used in Spinning Axe Mastery but I have to have a complete list of off-hand light blades and if new ones were added they wouldn't automatically get included.

Mustache Ride posted:

Okay, had to take a couple of days to remember how I extracted the data again,

Welcome back boss. In the themes file there are some early versions of the Neverwinter themes based on the Neverwinter game day and promo materials. Most of them only have the level one features. Bladesinger has been added. I am not sure if anything else has made it in yet. My local hobby store still doesn't have copies of the book to sell.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 13, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yeah, I re-used the SAM approach and it looks to be working just fine.

For that matter, I wouldn't mind doing the legwork for this, so anyone with access to the published .parts could just C&P the modified entries into them. It's true that any new relevant weapons would have to be manually included in future, but new items are added pretty rarely and the odds of new off-hand light blades popping up are even slimmer, I think; it's probably more likely that we'll see some additional off-hand axes, if anything.

Basically, let me know and I'll get on it.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Basically, let me know and I'll get on it.

Please feel free to do so if you like as it will save me the effort. Sounds like you have got it already started anyway. Please place the new or modified text into a separate document if you want to e-mail it to me or you can post the code segments in this thread or in an XML Paste at http://pastebin.com/ and include a link here.

Note for Everyone Who Submits Stuff
It is much more difficult for any of us to get submissions from people by e-mail with changed "whole" files. Since there are at-least five of us changing the files all the time we don't always know when someone made a small change (even an important one) and I don't want to overwrite anyone's work or worse cause a crash situation. So when people send me a whole file with tons of modifications I am likely to miss something and fail to include it. So it is much preferred to just get the changed code segments. Thanks again for your help.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Alright.

One for the base file.
code:
<RulesElement name="WearingOffHandLightBlade" type="Category" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_WOG_WEARING_OFF_HAND_LIGHT_BLADE" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms">
    <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_CLASS_790 </specific>
</RulesElement>
One for the ranger file, replacing the current class feature.
code:
<RulesElement name="Flashing Blade Mastery" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_DBB_CLASS_FEATURE_1234432132" source="Player Essentials: Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms">
    <Category> ID_DBB_CLASS_FEATURE_123443211,1 </Category>
    <Flavor> With a light blade in your off hand, you maintain the agility that lets you keep your foes off balance and susceptible to your attacks. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Short Description"> +1 to attack rolls with light blade in off hand. </specific>
    <rules>
      <statadd name="two-weapon,weapon:attack" value="+1" requires="WearingOffHandLightBlade" />
    </rules>
You gain a +1 bonus to weapon attack rolls while you wield a light blade in your off hand.
</RulesElement>
These weapons aren't being modified by any of the current .parts and so go in 40-gear, I think.

Dark Sun weapons, though it's probably less work to add the rules/statadd bits manually to the .part rather than doing the copy & paste dance.

And the spiked shield for the bugfix file.

Note that with the spiked shield, tortoise blade, and wrist razors, their Large versions didn't include any of the fixes for shield functionality and such, so I didn't include them either.

Hope this all works. :ohdear:

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Hope this all works. :ohdear:

Nice post. I will give it a spin and upload it in a few minutes if all goes well. Thanks.

edit: It all works and is uploaded.
Also, I am tracking an issue with the Neverwinter Theme update tonight. Seems to be crashing my builder. Might be a third-party conflict. Trying to figure it out...

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 13, 2011

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Welcome back boss. In the themes file there are some early versions of the Neverwinter themes based on the Neverwinter game day and promo materials. Most of them only have the level one features. Bladesinger has been added. I am not sure if anything else has made it in yet. My local hobby store still doesn't have copies of the book to sell.

I went ahead and fixed the theme file to add all the powers/features from NWCG and fix all the compendium links. Should be working now.

I also added the 4 new Warpriest domains in to the cleric file. I'll get to work on the backgrounds, items, and Bladesinger tomorrow maybe. Didn't look like the bladesinger needed much work to be honest.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Changes to Races.part

The Dwarf subraces are up. The Eladrin and Elf ones will be up tomorrow, it should be quick going now that I have the formatting right.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

Changes to Races.part

The Dwarf subraces are up. The Eladrin and Elf ones will be up tomorrow, it should be quick going now that I have the formatting right.

Something is actually a miss. You don't get to choose between the Gold Dwarf options and the Player's Handbook options. Either you get all of the Gold Dwarf options or none of them. So you have Cast Iron Stomach and Dwarven Weapon Prof both or you have Cast Iron Mind and Gold Dwarf weapons, etc.

You should also throw similar code like this up:
code:
<specific name="_PARSED_CHILD_FEATURES"> ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_9,ID_FMP_RACIAL_TRAIT_10 </specific>
To show the features in detail on the selection menu.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 13, 2011

Vhex
Mar 30, 2011

"Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."

quote:

Since there are at-least five of us changing the files all the time we don't always know when someone made a small change (even an important one) and I don't want to overwrite anyone's work or worse cause a crash situation.

Not that I'm suggesting that people submit whole part files, but do you use WinMerge? (http://winmerge.org/)

It allows you to compare two files and will highlight the differences between them. I find it a real timesaver when I'm updating part files and trying to find where I need to put my own changes back in.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Vhex posted:

but do you use WinMerge?

We don't need to. Notepad++ has comparison built right in. I have been using it ever since MR recommend it. I haven't found anything better to edit part files with. It is great. I haven't used regular Notepad for anything since either. :)
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Vhex
Mar 30, 2011

"Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."
I use Notepad++ for all my coding as well, but I find WinMerge's comparison features a quicker and easier than Notepad++'s. You mentioned missing items is the only reason I mention WinMerge -- the Notepad++ interface is built around editing by comparison whereas the WinMerge interface is built around finding and merging differences.

To each his own though, software is like fruit...everyone has different tastes.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Vhex posted:

To each his own though, software is like fruit...everyone has different tastes.

Indeed. I might check it out so thanks for pointing it out. I download any file I am going to work on from the master server (even if I don't think it was updated) to ensure I am using the latest and greatest version and we try to not work on the same file at the same time. So far it has worked out OK but I know eventually... :)

Vhex
Mar 30, 2011

Greyhawk Fan posted:

..and we try to not work on the same file at the same time.

Having worked with programming teams and all manner of version control systems, I agree that this is by far the best method. And I'm not complaining, you guys do an awesome job.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Greyhawk Fan posted:

Something is actually a miss. You don't get to choose between the Gold Dwarf options and the Player's Handbook options. Either you get all of the Gold Dwarf options or none of them. So you have Cast Iron Stomach and Dwarven Weapon Prof both or you have Cast Iron Mind and Gold Dwarf weapons, etc.

Umm... Actually, you can pick and choose.

NWCG page 46, paragraph 3 posted:

Each subrace description contains a set of benefits. Each of these replaces a standard racial trait, as noted in the benefit's description. Unless otherwise noted, you can select as many of a subrace's benefits as you want.
Emphasis mine.

The OLCG implements this as a couple of ticky-mark check boxes if you select a racial variant. You can pick both, either, or even none and just call yourself a Gold Dwarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Mustache Ride posted:

I went ahead and fixed the theme file to add all the powers/features from NWCG and fix all the compendium links. Should be working now.

I also added the 4 new Warpriest domains in to the cleric file. I'll get to work on the backgrounds, items, and Bladesinger tomorrow maybe. Didn't look like the bladesinger needed much work to be honest.

Hey Mustache

Nice to see you back Hopefully I didnt mess up the themes to bad for ya. LOL

• Locked thread