Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

Kitsap Charles posted:

I load the builder from scratch, start a new character, select Warpriest as the class and either Oghma, Selune, or Torm as the domain. Voila! instant "Status: houseruled".

I am not getting that error either. They seem fine on my end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenshadow
Feb 19, 2011
Gentlemen,
I just wanted to say thank you for the outstanding work you've been doing. I've been a long time lurker and when the original thread was moved to the pay option, I signed up immediately. You have made my gaming life and that of my players that much better.
Please keep up the awesome work.

Thanks again!

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Updated and reloaded the Feats Part with the feat Thaliessan Blood from Dragon 401.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Dang the new loader is fast :aaaaa: I love the Update log file, the new cbloader is truly remarkable. Big Thank You to the guys for working on the mods and the CBLoader and making it possible for me to help update and make mods for the loader myself.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 21, 2011

Idzy
Apr 2, 2011
Awesome work everyone

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

How does the updated character builder handle themes? I made a character with the Order Adept theme, and while I can select the theme, it doesn't actually give me the associated power, or any of the other benefits on later levels for that matter. Known issue, or did I screw up somewhere?

DISREGARD I hosed UP

Had both themes.part and the .part files for only Dragon 399 and Dark Sun in my folder from when I was just playing around with CBLoader, and that must have done it. Works fine now!

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 21, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
A small correction to be made: in 12-paladin.part, the effect line of Wrath of the Gods should read: "Until the end of the encounter, each target gains a power bonus to damage rolls equal to your Charisma modifier."

Edit: thanks to whoever pushed out the update! :) On an unrelated note, I've expanded my .part containing the superior armour types from the recent Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium preview to include the Robe of the Archmage from the same article. Here it is!

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 21, 2011

Koranak
Aug 5, 2011
So my builder downloaded updates, and the Vampirism feat is once again broken (to the playtest version rather than the final one). Can someone please add the updated rules to the official file so this doesn't happen again? Here they are:

code:
<RulesElement name="Vampirism" type="Feat" internal-id="ID_CDJ_FEAT_VAMPIRISM" source="Playtest: New Hybrid and Multiclass Options" revision-date="8/27/2010 12:20:31 PM" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS_VAMPIRE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MULTICLASS,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_CLASS-SPECIFIC_MULTICLASS </Category>
      <Prereqs> ~MULTICLASS or Unlimited Multiclass or Vampire CountsAsClass; !ID_FMP_CLASS_817 </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> </print-prereqs>
      <specific name="Tier"> Heroic </specific>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Vampire: Enduring Soul, Blood is Life class features and vampire weaknesses </specific>
      <specific name="Special" />
      <specific name="type"> Multiclass Vampire </specific>
      <specific name="Associated Power Info" />
      <specific name="Associated Powers" />
      <rules>
	 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_IMPLEMENT_PROFICIENCY_(HOLY_SYMBOL)" type="Proficiency" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_PROFICIENCY_IMPLEMENT_PROFICIENCY_(KI_FOCUSES)" type="Proficiency" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_KI_FOCUS_USER" type="Internal" />
         <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3612" type="Class Feature" />
	 <grant name="ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_3613" type="Class Feature" />
	 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_COUNTSASCLASS_VAMPIRE" type="CountsAsClass" />
	 <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_VAMPIRE_HEALING_SURGES" type="Internal" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_MULTICLASS_MULTICLASS" type="Multiclass" />
      </rules>
You gain the Blood Is Life class feature and the Enduring Soul class feature. Reduce the healing surges granted by your class to 2. In addition, you gain proficiency with holy symbols and ki focuses. In addition, you gain the following benefits and weaknesses:
	* You are an undead creature. You are unaffected by anything that affects only living creatures. You don&apos;t need to breathe, which means you are immune to suffocation. You also don&apos;t age. Unlike most undead, you do need to sleep.
	* You have vulnerable 5 radiant.
	* If you end your turn in direct sunlight and lack a protective covering such as a cloak or other heavy clothing, you take 5 radiant damage (plus additional damage from your radiant vulnerability) from the sunlight, and you are weakened (save ends). If you drop below 1 hit point from this damage, you are instantly destroyed.
</RulesElement>

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Hey guys, sorry if this has been covered but I did a cursory look and couldn't find anything:

Concerning Hybrid Battleminds: when you take Hybrid Talent and choose Psionic Study (Battlemind feature), it only lists three of the four Studies--leaving out Persistent Harrier (Psi Power). Are there no actual hybrid rules for PH Battlemind hybrids, or did someone just forget to add it? Because PHs are my favorite Battleminds and I want to mess around with a hybrid one! :(

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 22, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

CombatWombat posted:

Hey guys, sorry if this has been covered but I did a cursory look and couldn't find anything:

Concerning Hybrid Battleminds: when you take Hybrid Talent and choose Psionic Study (Battlemind feature), it only lists three of the four Studies--leaving out Persistent Harrier (Psi Power). Are there no actual hybrid rules for PH Battlemind hybrids, or did someone just forget to add it? Because PHs are my favorite Battleminds and I want to mess around with a hybrid one! :(
I posted the fix for this some time ago, but I guess it never got implemented? It's in my post on page 1 if anyone wants to do it.

Edit: and speaking of hybrids, I just noticed that the hybrid sentinel's Acolyte of the Natural Cycle doesn't actually seem to grant the associated skill bonuses (+2 to Heal for Spring, +2 to Athletics for Summer). Also, it looks like it's missing the at-will power choice entry (i.e. the <select type="Power" name="Power At-Will 1" number="1" Category="$$CLASS,at-will,1" /> bit), as do arguably the cavalier and blackguard.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 22, 2011

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Grey hawk if you haven't had the time to implement the fixes yet from MMAgCh yet, I will place them all in a file for you so you can add them.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Here is the Black Star Pendent from Dungeon 193 Magazine:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27143905/Dungeon%20193%20-%20Black%20Star%20Pendant.zip

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay, I installed the latest version of CBloader and I'm getting the "contact customer support error."

I'm trying to run the cleanup program to fix that error, but all it does is open and close too quickly for me to read what's in the program window.

I installed Cbloader into the same folder as my CB.

Any suggestions?

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

So here's a bunch of fixes I've been using for some time now which the people responsible might or might not want to incorporate in the "official" part files. (Which is to say, as far as I can tell none of these issues has been addressed already.)
Wands of Radiance: don't really want to quote the code and make this post longer still because it's merely their item bonuses to radiant damage rolls that need adjusting: +2 and +3 for the +3/+4 and +5/+6 variants, respectively. Note that apparently, identical versions of these wands are found in both 03-base-items.part and 04-new-items.part, which seems redundant to me. (There are several other items that do this too, but maybe there's some kind of point to it?)

Hey. I started to look at this stuff. The Wand of Radiance is correct as is. It only ever gives a +1 item bonus regardless of enhancement bonus. According to the official compendium entry in any case. The dupe items were in the original rarity fix file from Entilzha. I removed a lot of these and it seems I still missed a few. :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's possible that the compendium is at fault then, because there have been no errata to Wands of Radiance as far as I can tell. Does the damage bonus granted by, say, Wands of Swarming Force/Psychic Ravaging/Cold scale according to the compendium? It's the exact same kind of bonus, so I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to summarily miss all of them.

Edit: looks like this already came up on the official boards the better part of two years ago, too. Consensus there seems to be that the compendium is wrong.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 23, 2011

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

It's possible that the compendium is at fault then, because there have been no errata to Wands of Radiance as far as I can tell.

It is entirely possible the data was wrong the whole time. :) I am trying to do a data compare between the two item files and remove any more dupes found. I have checked manually more than once but there is a ton of items. Once I get that handled I will fix the wands since there is no errata. The data would have been incorrect in both the legacy builder files and the compendium so it makes sense it would be wrong in both.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Okay, I installed the latest version of CBloader and I'm getting the "contact customer support error."
I'm trying to run the cleanup program to fix that error, but all it does is open and close too quickly for me to read what's in the program window.
Any suggestions?

I wouldn't have installed CBLoader into the same directory as the CB. I am not sure where your CB is installed but if it is under \Program Files\ it simply will not work correctly on some operating systems. If you want to read your dos box you should:
Goto Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
Open the command prompt and change directory to wherever you put the batch file. Run the batch file from inside the Command Prompt DOS box and you will be able to read the information.

Greyhawk Fan fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 23, 2011

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Any suggestions?

I also used the Installer and I guess I hosed something up because it gave me the same error. Ended up having to fully remove CBLoader, run the cleanup from cmd just Greyhawk Fan suggested, and then reinstalling CBL. Don't give up on the cleanup, unless you want to poke around hidden files it will keep everything in that screwed up state.

fake edit: I also just used the zipped files and moved everything myself. I don't know what it was but the installer produced the same results 4 or 5 times.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

UnholyCow posted:

fake edit: I also just used the zipped files and moved everything myself. I don't know what it was but the installer produced the same results 4 or 5 times.

This could happen if you more than one copy of the main wotc bug files on your computer. The installer installs them as well as CBLoader.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How easy is it to create a .part file with personal houserules that loads after everything else? Is there some sort of guide to show complete newcomers how to accomplish this? If I'm trying to overwrite an existing power with a different version of that power, how do I do that? Help :ohdear:

Sakri
Dec 15, 2010
I just submitted the feats for which I updated short descriptions.

I only touched feats that weren't added by this community since modders seem to write better descriptions than WotC. Also, feats added by WotC that had satisfactory short descriptions are omitted in this file.

About 20% of feats lacked short description entirely so I added them. In other cases the most common problems were lacking duration data, no mention of tier scaling, lacking modifier data (just how much does this feat modify this thing?), and sheer errors.

With these modifications, selecting feats in CB should be faster, and more useful feat descriptions will be printed on character sheet. Hope you enjoy them!

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications
I'm going through and trying to catch up with forum-posted fixes this evening. I will edit this post when I'm done to highlight the stuff I corrected.

Regarding the hybrid cavalier, blackguard and sentinel (also executioner): Like the hybrid Binder, I'm pretty sure the intent of the design was to have the at-will provided by the class feature replace the single at-will granted by the hybrid rules. I will not be changing it in the hybrid part file. If this bothers you, feel free to make a .part using this file as a patch.

EDIT Fixes:
* Removed Vampiric Reflexes from the Hybrid Vampire description
* Connected skill bonuses to the Hybrid Sentinel properly
* Corrected Archery Mastery feats for hybrids (note - this now shows up in Powers NOT Retraining; you may have to fix your character once when you update)
* Corrected Martial Cross-Training for Scouts
* Implemented MMAgCh's pending fixes from page 1 of this thread (Hybrid Battlemind and Ardent, Wild Savant, etc)
* Implemented Neils123's Executioner Attack Finesse fixes
* Warlord's Interupting Strike should now parse correctly

As far as I can tell, all fixes submitted by forum thread have been implemented as of 12:00 EST on 08/23/11. If you have posted a fix that has not been implemented, please resubmit or send to the 'dudes' email address. Thank you.

RyvenCedrylle fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 23, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

RyvenCedrylle posted:

Regarding the hybrid cavalier, blackguard and sentinel (also executioner): Like the hybrid Binder, I'm pretty sure the intent of the design was to have the at-will provided by the class feature replace the single at-will granted by the hybrid rules.
I'll grant you that for the blackguard and cavalier this is a possible interpretation (although I disagree with it :)), but I'm not seeing how the sentinel could supposedly be limited like this. Are you referring to Animal Attack? That's not even a level 1 at-will attack power (and really, if the LCB didn't format it so similar to one I'm sure we wouldn't even be inclined to think of it as a power straightaway), so if that's supposed to replace the usual at-will choice, then WotC have really failed to phrase those hybrid rules clearly and concisely.

Anyway, yeah, I'll plug in a custom .part to account for this. If the article had been written clearly in the first place we wouldn't be having this problem, but ah well. :allears:

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

I think - and obviously think is the operative term here - that Animal attack should be the Sentinel at-will power. It just doesn't make sense for a hybrid to have more powers than the base class and adding another at-will does exactly that. I could, of course, be terribly wrong and so am willing to provide code (as I did above) to the contrary. You should be able to download that file I posted, put it in your list with everything else and just go with it. Make sure it loads AFTER 37-hybrid.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Well, one could make the argument that hybrid beastmaster rangers can effectively gain two at-will powers as well (the fact that one of them is awful notwithstanding), so there is a precedent of a sort where animal companions are concerned. But be that as it may, without WotC providing a clarification this we'll never know for sure!

RyvenCedrylle posted:

You should be able to download that file I posted, put it in your list with everything else and just go with it. Make sure it loads AFTER 37-hybrid.
Don't worry, I've used and made custom .parts before. Thanks though! :)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So I've got the Arena Training not adding expertise to other weapons bug fixed. The only problem is that it's just a pain in the rear end to implement:

code:
 <RulesElement name="Arena Weapon (Club)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_INTERNAL_ARENA_WEAPON_(CLUB)" source="Dark Sun Campaign Setting">
    <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ARENA_WEAPON_GROUP </Category>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Gain proficiency with the Club. </specific>
    <rules> 
	     <statadd name="Arena Focus Club" value="+1" />
         <statadd name="Arena Focus Club" value="+1" requires="Paragon Tier" />
         <statadd name="Arena Focus Club" value="+1" requires="Epic Tier" />
         <statadd name="Club:attack" value="+Arena Focus Club" type="Feat" requires="Light Blade Expertise|Heavy Blade Expertise|Staff Expertise|Spear Expertise|Axe Expertise|Bludgeon Expertise|Bow Expertise|Crossbow Expertise" /> 
    </rules>  
You treat the club as one of your Arena Weapons.
   </RulesElement>
Is there any better way to do this? If I have just "+Arena Focus" then it apparently adds the value for each weapon (so +6 usually), so the value has to be unique for each weapon I think.

Help?

EDIT: made it more clear

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 23, 2011

Vhex
Mar 30, 2011

"Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."
Call Celestial Steed is listed as a Paladin Utility 4, but it should have no level. It is not available to Original Paladins (only to Cavaliers).

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Level removed from Call Celestial Steed - should fix the problem.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

RyvenCedrylle posted:

As far as I can tell, all fixes submitted by forum thread have been implemented as of 12:00 EST on 08/23/11. If you have posted a fix that has not been implemented, please resubmit or send to the 'dudes' email address. Thank you.

I sent three updates to "dudes@cbloader.com" Sunday morning (PDT), one each for 03-base-items.part, 04-new-items.part, and 10-cleric.part. Please confirm their arrival. Thank you.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Kitsap Charles posted:

I sent three updates to "dudes@cbloader.com" Sunday morning (PDT), one each for 03-base-items.part, 04-new-items.part, and 10-cleric.part. Please confirm their arrival. Thank you.

Kitsap we got them and they will be implemented, in fact after I get home from work tonite I will check to see if they were implemented and if not get them implemented.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 23, 2011

monstermanual
Apr 16, 2011

When installing the new CBLoader, when we enter the location of the legacy builder, should we use the Character Builder folder or the CharBuilderFull_p folder?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tivaan posted:

Kitsap we got them and they will be implemented, in fact after I get home from work tonite I will check to see if they were implemented and if not get them implemented.

For whatever reason, the Pitch Cask is not showing up on the builder, even though I can see the code entry on new-items.part.

Can you confirm whether or not it shows up on the builder?

Sakri
Dec 15, 2010
I'd like to hear from the powers that be, are they happy with my short feat descriptions, and will they be included in the "official" part-files? I guess I should point out that I included all the feats I modified in the file I sent, and only feats that I modified. I didn't touch any rules elements, only short descriptions (and fixed some typos in full descriptions).

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Tivaan posted:

Thank you.

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

For whatever reason, the Pitch Cask is not showing up on the builder, even though I can see the code entry on new-items.part.

Can you confirm whether or not it shows up on the builder?

I switched it to the Gear part and yea just check it again and its showing up.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 23, 2011

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Is it possible to become part of the illustrious circle of people able to update the .parts directly somehow? I just noticed, for instance, that the July errata to various Dark Sun powers etc. haven't been incorporated yet, and I think it'd be easier for everyone if I could fix such things myself instead of posting the code and having someone else do it. :shobon: Otherwise I'll just keep doing things the established way, I guess!

Tivaan
Jul 13, 2011
Ok everything from the email (Up to 8/23/2011) except the "updated flavor feat file" has been added and updated.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Keep sending the update files to the email, it makes it easier to sort through things for adding updates.

Tivaan fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 24, 2011

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Is it possible to become part of the illustrious circle of people able to update the .parts directly somehow? I just noticed, for instance, that the July errata to various Dark Sun powers etc. haven't been incorporated yet, and I think it'd be easier for everyone if I could fix such things myself instead of posting the code and having someone else do it. :shobon: Otherwise I'll just keep doing things the established way, I guess!

We'll discuss it. Do you have Google+?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

RyvenCedrylle posted:

We'll discuss it. Do you have Google+?
I've no idea what that is, so I suppose I don't, no.

Edit: after reading up on Google+, never mind my enquiry. Sorry for the bother! :)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 24, 2011

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

I've no idea what that is, so I suppose I don't, no.

Edit: after reading up on Google+, never mind my enquiry. Sorry for the bother! :)

Email me: ryvencedrylle at gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakri
Dec 15, 2010

Tivaan posted:

Ok everything from the email (Up to 8/23/2011) except the "updated flavor feat file" has been added and updated.

Was something wrong with the feat file?

• Locked thread