Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications
I'm doing my last few checks on the revised Hybrid/Multiclass material, so updates should go out in the next 30 minutes or so. I would like to make something clear, however, in case there are questions later.

The material being applied to CBLoader is NOT RAW (rules as written) - at least for the hybrids anyway. RAW for this document is terribly implemented and what the devs intended is, at this point, anyone's guess. If you really want to see the sort of madness the release stirred up, go here. There's even a cameo appearance by our very own Underhil. Some weird implications of the document as presented:

1) Hybrid Blackguards would gain two free uses of Dread Smite by level 7 at the same time they chose encounter powers, but not in place of.

2) Every Hybrid Essentials class (except the Binder) would be gaining an at-will from their base class on top of everything else. Example: the Hybrid Executioner would start with 4 at-wills - two from their guild, one from the assassin and one from the other hybrid class.

3) Every Hybrid Essentials class would have access to their base class' encounter powers, meaning that you wouldn't ever have to take Assassin's Strike, Combined Attack, etc.

4) The Executioner's hybrid Poison Use uses one daily slot for the recipe AND one for the vial, meaning you only get one daily power from your other class, not up to two.

I could continue, but you get the idea. Point is, this update is my best reasonable guess at RAI (rules as intended), not RAW. I will be watching the OCB to see when and how this material is implemented and will make corrections if necessary. Also, if the community feels I really bombed on some part of this, let me know.

That is all. Enjoy your hybrids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

I'm not going to push out an update for this yet since YeOldeSteve is still in the middle of things, but as to the Archery Mastery problem, throw an "ID_FMP_CLASS_5," before the "at-will,1" line in the class features to fix the hybrid problem. I'll have to make a separate Martial-Cross training feat for Scouts. When it looks like we're back to a normal update regimen, I'll push the Ranger fixes through globally.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

I'm going through and trying to catch up with forum-posted fixes this evening. I will edit this post when I'm done to highlight the stuff I corrected.

Regarding the hybrid cavalier, blackguard and sentinel (also executioner): Like the hybrid Binder, I'm pretty sure the intent of the design was to have the at-will provided by the class feature replace the single at-will granted by the hybrid rules. I will not be changing it in the hybrid part file. If this bothers you, feel free to make a .part using this file as a patch.

EDIT Fixes:
* Removed Vampiric Reflexes from the Hybrid Vampire description
* Connected skill bonuses to the Hybrid Sentinel properly
* Corrected Archery Mastery feats for hybrids (note - this now shows up in Powers NOT Retraining; you may have to fix your character once when you update)
* Corrected Martial Cross-Training for Scouts
* Implemented MMAgCh's pending fixes from page 1 of this thread (Hybrid Battlemind and Ardent, Wild Savant, etc)
* Implemented Neils123's Executioner Attack Finesse fixes
* Warlord's Interupting Strike should now parse correctly

As far as I can tell, all fixes submitted by forum thread have been implemented as of 12:00 EST on 08/23/11. If you have posted a fix that has not been implemented, please resubmit or send to the 'dudes' email address. Thank you.

RyvenCedrylle fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 23, 2011

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

I think - and obviously think is the operative term here - that Animal attack should be the Sentinel at-will power. It just doesn't make sense for a hybrid to have more powers than the base class and adding another at-will does exactly that. I could, of course, be terribly wrong and so am willing to provide code (as I did above) to the contrary. You should be able to download that file I posted, put it in your list with everything else and just go with it. Make sure it loads AFTER 37-hybrid.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Level removed from Call Celestial Steed - should fix the problem.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

Is it possible to become part of the illustrious circle of people able to update the .parts directly somehow? I just noticed, for instance, that the July errata to various Dark Sun powers etc. haven't been incorporated yet, and I think it'd be easier for everyone if I could fix such things myself instead of posting the code and having someone else do it. :shobon: Otherwise I'll just keep doing things the established way, I guess!

We'll discuss it. Do you have Google+?

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

MMAgCh posted:

I've no idea what that is, so I suppose I don't, no.

Edit: after reading up on Google+, never mind my enquiry. Sorry for the bother! :)

Email me: ryvencedrylle at gmail.com

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

I played a Bladesinger last night. It was.. OK, but felt like it needed a little help. Some of the Bladesongs are completely solid, a couple need help and there are two functions the class just flat-out needs access to. Therefore, I put together a short overhaul of the Bladesongs. Run it by your DM, see what (s)he thinks.

"Seriously, Ryven - the Bladesinger's been out for like three weeks and you've already homebrewed it?"

Yep. That's how I roll.

edit: hold off on this for a moment, it's giving me problems after I loaded it to the main server

RyvenCedrylle fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Aug 26, 2011

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

sake posted:

Is Dancing Fire suppose to use 'x' instead of '+' in the damage lines and be missing it's CA effect?

Also, any chance you could give the Bladesinger actual wizard dailies? That seems to be the number one complaint about the class (plus it caused silly charop crap like Bladesingers that use INT as a dump stat.)

Glad it's working for you. I'm still not getting it. Worked fine until I put all the header stuff in. Anyway, yes, it is supposed to be 'x' with no CA. Their ability to drop straight out damage without exploiting vulnerabilities or charging is awful. The CA got moved to Frost Bite.

As to the Dailies, I'll definitely think about it. I never went near my 'Daily' power last time because even with that melee basic minor, I could think of better things to do with both my minor and my standard. I'll be playing it again next Wednesday and decide at that point.

edit: I got it to work. Seems the category was originally "ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_BLADESPELL" but has since been corrected to "ID_FMP_CATEGORY_75." The index now gives you a file that works. :)

RyvenCedrylle fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 27, 2011

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

06-races has been updated with today's Racial Utilities.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Sefer posted:

Thanks for doing that so quickly! A problem I noticed- I haven't read the article yet, but I'm guessing that Persuasive Words isn't supposed to have a trigger of being dropped to 0 HP or fewer.

I've corrected the problem, but did not bother making a whole new revision for it, so either delete your current copy and let it update or just catch it on the next full revision. Thanks!

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

On a similar note, I'm going through the Quintessential Wizard .part to update it and will likely give the Arcanist access to Suggestion and Spook as cantrips as well. Seems dumb they don't have official access, but whatever. :P

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Today is my birthday and that means you all get a present! Wait.. that's not how it's supposed to work.. eh, just go with it.

I went through the last couple days and overhauled the Quintessential Wizard .part and made a bunch of changes. These changes are intended to make the material more compatible and competitive with the current material:

*The xistera and dragonfang been reverted back to the hat and dragonmask per the book. These are Head Slot implements and work properly. There will be no Superior versions made of these, BUT they also add to your NADs like any other item in that slot. I will probably write a feat or two for the Mirror and Shield users sometime soon since I can't make superior versions of those implements.

*All relevant Quintessential Wizard powers have had school keywords added to them for the Mage. Nethermancers, take note - you now have a viable paragon path in the Vacuist.

*Wizards (Arcanists, whatever) gain the Spook and Suggestion cantrips as well as the Magic Missile attack. This is long overdue, IMO.

*Added a Conjuration school option for Mages.

I will no longer be supporting the old Quintessential Wizard part in the OP since this material contains a fair amount of homebrew stuff as well. You can get the index here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Namagem posted:

Hey, if any of you has some free time, could you make this class a part?:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/28208297/Soulknife:_A_Power_Points_Striker_with_an_Essentials_Format?pg=1

It's an essentials power-point striker, and ever since reading it, I wanted to play it. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this on.

OK, I'll bite. And, like Sake, I'm going to assume that's supposed to count as an MBA. I'm also going to call it a subset of Battlemind (like the Slayer Fighter) so it can have some ever-lovin' feats.

• Locked thread