Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LincolnSmash
May 23, 2011

Six Glistening Black Eyes
If I wanted to do simmy post-apoc a la Fallout, should I use BRP or ORE? Savage Worlds seems okay, but I'm not sure it's my cup o' tea. BRP may be showing its age a bit, even in its most recent form, but it still strikes me as slightly more intuitive than ORE's system due to everything being percentiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LincolnSmash
May 23, 2011

Stargate-ish-thing!

Softer scifi with a focus on character growth and being jettisoned into foreign worlds with problems to solve that while they might be strange, still contain underlying human elements to them.

I was thinking maybe Dogs in the Vineyard, but I've never played it and wasn't sure if anyone else had a better idea.

LincolnSmash
May 23, 2011

Fenarisk posted:

What kind of gameplay and crunch level ate you looking for? Off the top of my head I'd go with fate or savage worlds for more pulpy sticking to the roots of stargate styled action, more crunchy you could do eclipse phase with the pandora gates.

I've looked at EP but it seems a bit too crunchy/clunky in spots.

FATE and SW are definitely "safe" options, though, if the group doesn't seem interested in indie-er games. I'll have to see if there are any conversions. I think Savage Worlds has a site for fan-made stuff, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Googling time, I guess.

LincolnSmash
May 23, 2011

You've saved me a Google, and the latter site I haven't been to yet.

Thank you, sir.