Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mortimer posted:

you're running on a toaster or some kind of gameboy if your natural resolution is that low

if it's a tablet my answer is "don't"

I'm running MW pillarboxed on a 1366x768 laptop. I can use the registry hack to set it to native res, just wanted to get MW up to a useful fps before I start messing with things again. The registry hack is just opening regedit.exe and changing the resolution there.

Also checked that it's running MW on the Geforce dedicated card. Something about MW is just not sitting right, as I can run Skyrim and Oblivion without problem.

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Jesus trying to get OpenMW source code running on Windows is a huge pain in the rear end...

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
What's going on with it? Both the source and downloadable versions have just "Run the installer." for the install instructions.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

How do I stop this game from constantly minimizing and then crashing?

Edit: Fixed by setting the game to windowed

Lazerbeam fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 24, 2014

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
So I updated one of my mods: Animated Targets and Practice Dummies.

Basically, they're set up as creatures with death animations so you can beat on them until they fall apart, and get some of your projectiles back when you hit them. You can do the latter even when they're not dead because giving them companion share without a greeting makes them act like containers. They also level with you, though they only check your level once, so if they're too low level you have to destroy them and wait for them to get replaced in a few days. I scattered a ton of them around forts and replaced all the static dummies in the Fighters Guilds.

And another update: I finally stabilized the following scripts in Rincewind's Luggage.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 23, 2014

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
:getin: I used the MGSO in option 1 to remake the game and it looks entirely different. I might play this whole thing through from Morrowind to Tribunal and Bloodmoon! Just a few questions

How do I know if I'm running the game in my native resolution? While going through the automated MGSO installation, I saw it change my resolution to 800x600, then when I used the launcher I don't seem to have a 1920x1080 option, so I don't think I'm running it at the right res.

Second, which launcher do I use to launch the game? Right now my /common/Morrowind folder has a Morrowind Launcher, Morrowind, Morrowind.Original, exeOpt, and a few other executables I'm not sure about. Like with SKSE in Skyrim you'd use the SKSE launcher, but here I'm not sure.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

How do I know if I'm running the game in my native resolution? While going through the automated MGSO installation, I saw it change my resolution to 800x600, then when I used the launcher I don't seem to have a 1920x1080 option, so I don't think I'm running it at the right res.

I always get a tray popup that says the screen is not set to an optimal resolution.

And you can check the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind to see what the resolution is set at currently.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

axolotl farmer posted:

I always get a tray popup that says the screen is not set to an optimal resolution.

And you can check the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind to see what the resolution is set at currently.

According to my registry it's at 1920x1080 which is my native res.

I also get 'Morrowind has stopped working' errors each time I exit. Is that harmless and normal? It sure is annoying.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 2, 2014

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
run mge-xe, you change your resolution there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Stuporstar posted:

So I updated one of my mods: Animated Targets and Practice Dummies.

Basically, they're set up as creatures with death animations so you can beat on them until they fall apart, and get some of your projectiles back when you hit them. You can do the latter even when they're not dead because giving them companion share without a greeting makes them act like containers. They also level with you, though they only check your level once, so if they're too low level you have to destroy them and wait for them to get replaced in a few days. I scattered a ton of them around forts and replaced all the static dummies in the Fighters Guilds.

And another update: I finally stabilized the following scripts in Rincewind's Luggage.
:woop:

Thanks for doing this!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Deaderinred posted:

run mge-xe, you change your resolution there.

Ok thanks. Then, to run Morrowind, I just launch it from Steam and alles gut?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Ok thanks. Then, to run Morrowind, I just launch it from Steam and alles gut?

Yep, once you have MGEXE set you shouldn't have to touch it again.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Well this sucks. hosed up my first morag tong quest by NOT killing some jerk off in Balmora the way I was supposed to, so now I hosed it up and angered our patron goddess. Time to NEW CHARACTER GENERATE.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Omi-Polari posted:

:woop:

Thanks for doing this!

Thanks. I've been updating most of my mods as a side project while I teach myself 3D modeling. A tea mod update is finished, but just needs a bit more testing before I release it.

I'm also making an updated version of Sri's alchemy with new meshes that look better with the current visual overhauls. It's going to be modular, so if you only want the new ingredients without any changes to the originals, that's all the base mod will do. The base mod is almost done, and I'm going to release it first, then work on balanced restocking vendors and other stuff as I find time. On top of Sri's additions, which were mainly designed to fill out loot tables for creatures that didn't have unique drops, I added a few ingredients like kelp and moss. Everything's meant to closely adhere to the game in terms of visual style and availability, and ingredient effects are balanced with it. I hate poo poo that sticks out like a sore thumb, and hate mods that add tons of lovely, uninteresting ingredients that only pile on how much bullshit you have to keep track of, so this whole thing was designed with that in mind. I found out how much I hated the latter when I loaded up Animal Realism and found it added meat, eggs and loving dung to damned near every creature in the game, none of which had unique models or even icons, and completely shitted up merchant loot tables with it.

Finally, I'm working on an update to Uvirith's Legacy. The bug-fixes for 3.2 are already available, but I have another overhaul in the works that incorporates all my other mod updates. That's coming along slowly as I work on stuff around it.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Well this sucks. hosed up my first morag tong quest by NOT killing some jerk off in Balmora the way I was supposed to, so now I hosed it up and angered our patron goddess. Time to NEW CHARACTER GENERATE.

That isn't actually part of the regular Morag Tong quest line, it's the deadric quest for Mephala, it has no effect on the questline but you lose out on a nifty reward if you fail.

The secret is to climb in the roof, the guy has a really long range to see you and if he does you fail the mission

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

keyboard vomit posted:

That isn't actually part of the regular Morag Tong quest line, it's the deadric quest for Mephala, it has no effect on the questline but you lose out on a nifty reward if you fail.

The secret is to climb in the roof, the guy has a really long range to see you and if he does you fail the mission

I just consoled myself the ring.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Worth noting, OpenMW 0.33.0 was released 6 days ago.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
What is OpenMW

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Click the link and find out :confused:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Mr. Crow posted:

Click the link and find out :confused:

I don't want to read it I want you to tell me. It doesn't tell me in the first five seconds on the front page. It gives me a lovely list of problems with, whatever it is.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I don't want to read it I want you to tell me. It doesn't tell me in the first five seconds on the front page. It gives me a lovely list of problems with, whatever it is.

It's an open-source reimplementation of Morrowind.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

haha what a baby

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
More OpenMW means more OpenMW bugfixes!

quote:

Fixed third person Eeyore rain effect
Fixed knocked out actors still colliding and speaking
Fixed spell merchants selling racial bonus spells
Fixed player suffering silently when taking damage from lava
Fixed Dagoth Ur dying from Ash Vampire deaths
:allears: I would kill to see the QA and commit logs from the original Morrowind development cycle. Must've been a barrel of laughs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Die in a river.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kraven Moorhed posted:

:allears: I would kill to see the QA and commit logs from the original Morrowind development cycle. Must've been a barrel of laughs.

have you seen daggerfall's? those are incredible

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

have you seen daggerfall's? those are incredible

Link?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Here's a bug list at least, some of them are pretty wow. http://www.uesp.net/text.shtml?dagger/files/patch213.txt

edit: still looking for the one where slaughterfish would come out of the water and chase you around

Patch Notes posted:

The skeleton no longer walks backwards.

Sleeping on a ship or in your own house no longer summons the city guards.

Randomly created monsters in quests now have their items equipped. They should be more challenging now.

Guildenstern Mother fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 5, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I've been killed by a slaughterfish on land before. Still haven't decided if it was a real radical or a real lovely way to die.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Skwirl posted:

Die in a river.

I'm a strong swimmer :smug:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Here's a bug list at least, some of them are pretty wow. http://www.uesp.net/text.shtml?dagger/files/patch213.txt

edit: still looking for the one where slaughterfish would come out of the water and chase you around
How can you forget this one:

quote:

* The Create Item spell has been updated. It no longer creates items
that do not exist in the game.

edit:

quote:

You will no longer start the game with negative spell points after you created your character. The problem with the negative hit points still exists however.

The bug where instead of having to pay money to summon Daedra, you get paid money has been fixed. You will no longer get paid to do this.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Speaking of great ones I overlooked

quote:

Illegally bashing down doors no longer gives you a revered legal reputation when you are caught.

I'm starting to think the slaughterfish one was from openMW

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
One of my favorite parts of going to Dagon Fel

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Kraven Moorhed posted:

More OpenMW means more OpenMW bugfixes!

Fixed spell merchants selling racial bonus spells :psyduck: This might be my favorite glitch I've heard of with OpenMW

I will consider OpenMW to be complete when you can successfully steal the limeware platter in plain sight.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I had the fish on land thing happen in gw2 once, I made guildies come from far and wide to use non lethal knockbacks to help me get that fucker back in the water. I sometimes think it would be cool to multiplay morrowind with one or two other people, then I realize it would be the worst thing ever and try to forget eso was ever a thing.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

A Dark Souls 2-style multiplayer Ancestor Guardian power would be cool.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I had the fish on land thing happen in gw2 once, I made guildies come from far and wide to use non lethal knockbacks to help me get that fucker back in the water. I sometimes think it would be cool to multiplay morrowind with one or two other people, then I realize it would be the worst thing ever and try to forget eso was ever a thing.

I never have done ESO or played it. Whats it like?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I never have done ESO or played it. Whats it like?

It's a decent enough game, but imagine a game with the same amount of worldbuilding, but instead of being localized in one area, province, etc., it's stretched out to cover all of Tamriel, meaning its spread very thin.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's a decent enough game

I don't believe you

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's a decent enough game, but imagine a game with the same amount of worldbuilding, but instead of being localized in one area, province, etc., it's stretched out to cover all of Tamriel, meaning its spread very thin.

actually its bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sky Shadowing posted:

Have they made any attempt to reconcile the lore of Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians allying up? That really just rubs me the wrong way.