Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

armoredgorilla posted:

I think the other important note is that GOG is also selling Redguard and Battlespire for the first time in years.
Well, time to buy. I've always wanted to try Battlespire (aka Oblivion 0.5).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

Well, time to buy. I've always wanted to try Battlespire (aka Oblivion 0.5).

Oblivion is Oblivion 0.5

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Oblivion is random_terrian_generator_0.5.exe

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Oblivion is Maryland: The Game.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I found am Amulet of Almsivi Teleportation last night. It's pretty badass. I've never found this item before but when I go to equip it it pulls up a drop down list of Tribunal Temples that I can port over to. And it doesn't even cost a charge to use that part of it. It also has a clicky Almsivi spell effect.

Did I luck out with a random drop or is this an item that normally drops somewhere? I don't even remember how I got it but it's a total god send for getting around.

I'm running the Morrowind Graphics overhaul but no other mods so I don't think it was modded in or anything.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I found am Amulet of Almsivi Teleportation last night. It's pretty badass. I've never found this item before but when I go to equip it it pulls up a drop down list of Tribunal Temples that I can port over to. And it doesn't even cost a charge to use that part of it. It also has a clicky Almsivi spell effect.

Did I luck out with a random drop or is this an item that normally drops somewhere? I don't even remember how I got it but it's a total god send for getting around.

I'm running the Morrowind Graphics overhaul but no other mods so I don't think it was modded in or anything.

That is a mod. The normal amulet just casts yolo almsivi just like a spell/scroll would.
edit: Wait you said Almsivi Teleportation not Almsivi Intervention, so yes that is definitely a mod.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

click on it in the console and type "ori", it'll tell you where it comes from

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Thanks, I'll have to try that when I get home from work.

If it is a mod that's weird since all I installed was the MSOG + Morrowind Gold edition and as far as i know that only changes the graphics and nothing about gameplay.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 1, 2015

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ginette Reno posted:

If it is a mod that's weird since all I installed was the MSOG + Morrowind Gold edition and as far as i know that only changes the graphics and nothing about gameplay.

Lol.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

You know what MW:GE is, right?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mooktastical posted:

other than a wonderful oxymoron?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Mooktastical posted:

Shhhhhh.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mooktastical posted:

Does it change game play poo poo too? I thought I just installed the graphic enhancing poo poo :v:. It's called "Morrowind Sound and Graphics whatever the gently caress" so I assumed it just changed graphics and sound and not actual gameplay.

Aside from that amulet I can't recall even noticing other obvious gameplay changes but it's been years and years since I've played MW soo I dunno

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 1, 2015

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Morrowind Gold Edition, is the only mod anyone needs imo. Seyda Neen is so much better, with it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Oh wait did I call it Morrowind Gold Edition I meant Game of the Year edition or whatever the gently caress I see now why there is many a ha ha at my expense.

Gold Edition does own though

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

Oh wait did I call it Morrowind Gold Edition I meant Game of the Year edition or whatever the gently caress I see now why there is many a ha ha at my expense.

Gold Edition does own though

gently caress, you ruined it

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mooktastical posted:

gently caress, you ruined it

I'm the biggest n'wah there ever was

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rip bonzibuddy

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

rip bonzibuddy

He was the poster we deserved, no doubt

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
Anyone here have quest suggestions? I want more things to do.. but nothing I'm seeing is really grabbing my attention. LGNPC adds stuff to do, but I had bad luck finding mainly creepy content, and places it doesn't touch feel really weird in comparison. Tamriel Rebuilt is too far away for me to get to it without putting everything else on hold, and then if you want the main version there's basically a cliff at the edge of no more content land, or.. you get a lot of ghost towns with the alpha.

I haven't tried Rise of House Telvanni. But I'm queasy about it. I haven't tried Sotha Sil Expanded because I have to slog through the entirety of Tribunal to get to it.

Magical Missions was good (pretty short though), I've liked all of Stuporstar's work, Love in the Time of the Daedra is pretty good though conflicts a bit with GCD, and the Sable Dragon is neat, though I'm iffy on some of the resources it uses.

I'd prefer something that doesn't add it's own little landmass to get to, that's mostly lore friendly, that isn't trying to be dumb and edgy, and that preferably has a bunch of quests on it's own rather than just one dungeon, or 5 fetch quests for the same NPC.

Clothing mod suggestions would also be welcome, as I'm having trouble finding clothes with decent enchanting values that are not just recolors of the vanilla stuff, crappy non-bb meshes and all.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Sky Shadowing posted:

Bascially put, the second Bethesda

Which Bethesda are we on as of today?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Which Bethesda are we on as of today?

That was second as in time, not second as in after first. "Moment" may have been better.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Moryrie posted:

I'd prefer something that doesn't add it's own little landmass to get to, that's mostly lore friendly, that isn't trying to be dumb and edgy, and that preferably has a bunch of quests on it's own rather than just one dungeon, or 5 fetch quests for the same NPC.

Hm, how about those?

Daedric Sorcery if you want to get to work to summon some Daedric Lords. As far as I know (haven't played it) it's lore friendly enough since summoning Daedric Lords is actually a thing, nevermind how apocalyptic Oblivion makes it sound.

Blasphemous Revenants if "to do" at any time involves serious necromancy. It's based on the book of the same name so yes, lore friendly.

Vvardenfell Druglord if you want to brew and peddle skooma.

Some more genericy quests are added by Tales of Tel Branora and Tales of the Bitter Coast I don't know about their quality, although they used to be semi-popular way back.

(Joke answer: The Dwemeri Secret :tinfoil:)

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

Hm, how about those?

Daedric Sorcery if you want to get to work to summon some Daedric Lords. As far as I know (haven't played it) it's lore friendly enough since summoning Daedric Lords is actually a thing, nevermind how apocalyptic Oblivion makes it sound.

Blasphemous Revenants if "to do" at any time involves serious necromancy. It's based on the book of the same name so yes, lore friendly.

Vvardenfell Druglord if you want to brew and peddle skooma.

Some more genericy quests are added by Tales of Tel Branora and Tales of the Bitter Coast I don't know about their quality, although they used to be semi-popular way back.

(Joke answer: The Dwemeri Secret :tinfoil:)

I tried the Tales of quests a while back, and found a pretty irritating problem with both them, and the Mystic Path quest that was released by the same author. Basically, if you do a quest semi out of order.. (IE, you explore the smuggler cave before talking to a bottle selling Argonian in Seyda Neen, or check a body in the tomb with Mentor's Ring before talking to an NPC in the back rooms of a monastery in Vivec...) you break the quest forever and it will never be out of your quest log even if you can finish the final objective. Like Monastery lady wouldn't touch the journal she wanted me to retrieve because I already had it in my inventory because I'd already explored that tomb and found that body. They'd have been ok if I didn't keep accidentally breaking them because I didn't know that I was supposed to do things in a specific order, and I trashed it rather than become paranoid about doing anything before having an NPC tell me to do it.

As for the rest.. not particularly interested in necromancy or drug dealing I'm afraid. The other two sound interesting though. Thank you for your suggestions.

edit: Apparently Tales of Seyda Neen is by a different person (Mystic Path/Tel Branora dude also did 'Tales of the Bitter Coast, so I got confused). Either way, same sort of bug.

Moryrie fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 6, 2015

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moryrie posted:

Anyone here have quest suggestions?

RoHT is pretty good actually. If you can ignore a handful of weird moments and a bad character I'd say it's one of the best quest mods out there.

Julan is the best companion and has a boatload of quests. If you like talky quests and aren't far into the main quest pick this one up.

Suran Underworld is grimdark weirdness but it's another faction that acts as a criminal element in Morrowind.

Sotha Sil Expanded is great if you have the patience for it. If you are even a little bit apprehensive about your love of dwemer archetecture, do not attempt it.

Illuminated Order is more about discovering how to become a lich (and does allow you to become one) but is more like an Indiana Jones type adventure of discovery. It's pretty rad.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Mortimer posted:

RoHT is pretty good actually. If you can ignore a handful of weird moments and a bad character I'd say it's one of the best quest mods out there.

Julan is the best companion and has a boatload of quests. If you like talky quests and aren't far into the main quest pick this one up.

Suran Underworld is grimdark weirdness but it's another faction that acts as a criminal element in Morrowind.

Sotha Sil Expanded is great if you have the patience for it. If you are even a little bit apprehensive about your love of dwemer archetecture, do not attempt it.

Illuminated Order is more about discovering how to become a lich (and does allow you to become one) but is more like an Indiana Jones type adventure of discovery. It's pretty rad.

Maybe I'll give ROHT a chance then. Though I do know there's a lot of lame quests an archmagister should be delegating to other people >>. I do have/use Julan. I'm... not really interested in the Bloodfang Tong, as that sounds like the sortof edginess I'm looking to avoid. And one reason I really am not sure I want to try SSE is not only because Tribunal is a slog, but also because isn't levitation also disabled in SSE? It's irritating enough to not have it in Tribunal. but I've seen pictures of SSE and I really would want levitation to work there. Illuminated Order I'm avoiding because I'm a necrophobe who isn't too interested in lichdom, or necromancy, and also because I already know the guildmaster or w/e is literally from England.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Moryrie posted:

I tried the Tales of quests a while back, and found a pretty irritating problem with both them, and the Mystic Path quest that was released by the same author. Basically, if you do a quest semi out of order.. (IE, you explore the smuggler cave before talking to a bottle selling Argonian in Seyda Neen, or check a body in the tomb with Mentor's Ring before talking to an NPC in the back rooms of a monastery in Vivec...) you break the quest forever and it will never be out of your quest log even if you can finish the final objective. Like Monastery lady wouldn't touch the journal she wanted me to retrieve because I already had it in my inventory because I'd already explored that tomb and found that body. They'd have been ok if I didn't keep accidentally breaking them because I didn't know that I was supposed to do things in a specific order, and I trashed it rather than become paranoid about doing anything before having an NPC tell me to do it.

This makes me cringe so hard. Like, it's not actually that difficult to make quests work properly if consider for one minute that the player could accidentally trigger X to gently caress up Z and make sure your scripting works around that, but no that would require not half-assing it.

I wish I could come up with some good quest mods for you, because I'm just about as fussy and really hate poo poo that sticks out and yells, "Look at me, I a mod full of bad player wish-fulfillment and poorly thought out fetch/kill quests!" But I spend so much time modding, I don't actually sit down and play much.

All I can recommend is maybe check out some episodes of Morrowind Modding Showcases and skip to the quest mod section to see if anything looks good to you.

The closest thing to a quest mod I've done, other than UL, is try to breathe some life into the original side quests with Quest Tweaks and Alternatives, by adding more options in how you can complete them. I've done mostly the mage-based quests so far, because I know them the best, with some overlap between the Thieves and Fighters Guild. Eventually I'll get to all the factions and side quests, but what's currently up is playable.

As for RoHT, I've been sorely tempted to fix some of the dumber poo poo (there's not a lot) in my RoHT Add-on for UL. I've kinda been tasked with adding user requests in that, because RoHT is done and not going to update again. I've been reluctant to alter or remove content though (like those easy-to-kill argonians wearing full Adamantium armor somewhere too easy to stumble into).

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 7, 2015

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Stuporstar posted:

This makes me cringe so hard. Like, it's not actually that difficult to make quests work properly if consider for one minute that the player could accidentally trigger X to gently caress up Z and make sure your scripting works around that, but no that would require not half-assing it.

I wish I could come up with some good quest mods for you, because I'm just about as fussy and really hate poo poo that sticks out and yells, "Look at me, I a mod full of bad player wish-fulfillment and poorly thought out fetch/kill quests!" But I spend so much time modding, I don't actually sit down and play much.

All I can recommend is maybe check out some episodes of Morrowind Modding Showcases and skip to the quest mod section to see if anything looks good to you.

The closest thing to a quest mod I've done, other than UL, is try to breathe some life into the original side quests with Quest Tweaks and Alternatives, by adding more options in how you can complete them. I've done mostly the mage-based quests so far, because I know them the best, with some overlap between the Thieves and Fighters Guild. Eventually I'll get to all the factions and side quests, but what's currently up is playable.

As for RoHT, I've been sorely tempted to fix some of the dumber poo poo (there's not a lot) in my RoHT Add-on for UL. I've kinda been tasked with adding user requests in that, because RoHT is done and not going to update again. I've been reluctant to alter or remove content though (like those easy-to-kill argonians wearing full Adamantium armor somewhere too easy to stumble into).

I have been watching the Mod Showcases... though (and I feel really bad for this) I start laughing every time he says, 'As you can see here' because he says it soo much. He's better at turning me away from mods I might have been curious about than actually recommending some more to me though. (And he's great at making me feel like a negative rear end in a top hat). And the one I did have very high hopes for (a map mod with a quest, yay) turned out to be one of the shortest mods I'd ever played (4 small objectives, but only like 1 stage?) which was disheartening. I am using your quest tweaks too, as well as about everything else you've released except the Grimiores and Luggage.

I'll try ROHT again. I may take notes though.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Moryrie posted:

I have been watching the Mod Showcases... though (and I feel really bad for this) I start laughing every time he says, 'As you can see here' because he says it soo much. He's better at turning me away from mods I might have been curious about than actually recommending some more to me though. (And he's great at making me feel like a negative rear end in a top hat). And the one I did have very high hopes for (a map mod with a quest, yay) turned out to be one of the shortest mods I'd ever played (4 small objectives, but only like 1 stage?) which was disheartening. I am using your quest tweaks too, as well as about everything else you've released except the Grimiores and Luggage.

I'll try ROHT again. I may take notes though.

That annoys everyone, but he can't seem to cut it out. In that mod interview I did with him I discovered I say "y'know" as a verbal tic and wanted to slap myself in the loving mouth after listening to it. The next time I tried hard to stop myself from doing it, and wasn't entirely successful. It was mega awkward, and I still want to slap myself in the mouth every time I catch myself doing it. So loving embarrassing.

But yeah, I'd be interested in your notes on RoHT.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

So I wanted to install a few of the bigger things listed in the OP, and just figured I'd check in and see if this list jumps out to anyone as a terrible idea (as in there being known conflicts or redundancies and so forth):
The Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul (MGSO)
The Chocolate Pack
Tamriel Rebuilt
Tamriel Rebuilt Groundcover
Morrowind Rebirth

Plus some smaller ones:
Uvirith's Legacy
Books of Vvardenfell
Propylons

I'm not asking that someone go through the list and do my work for me in figuring out if it'll work, of course. Just wondering if this jumps out at someone in an obvious way.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Woebin posted:

So I wanted to install a few of the bigger things listed in the OP, and just figured I'd check in and see if this list jumps out to anyone as a terrible idea (as in there being known conflicts or redundancies and so forth):
The Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul (MGSO)
The Chocolate Pack
Tamriel Rebuilt
Tamriel Rebuilt Groundcover
Morrowind Rebirth

Plus some smaller ones:
Uvirith's Legacy
Books of Vvardenfell
Propylons

I'm not asking that someone go through the list and do my work for me in figuring out if it'll work, of course. Just wondering if this jumps out at someone in an obvious way.

MSGO and Rebirth have some conflicts and extra steps you'll want to take to make them work together. (Also there's a patch for MSGO somewhere you'll want to find/install). Chocolate Pack has a lot of the stuff that's in MSGO, so if you're installing that, make sure you're not adding redundancies or things that might conflict with rebirth. Some of the things in Chocolate Pack and MSGO have either been updated or made obsolete by other mods. And I don't know if Uvirith's Legacy is compatible with Rebirth or not. Be sure you really look at Rebirth's readme though.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Moryrie posted:

MSGO and Rebirth have some conflicts and extra steps you'll want to take to make them work together. (Also there's a patch for MSGO somewhere you'll want to find/install). Chocolate Pack has a lot of the stuff that's in MSGO, so if you're installing that, make sure you're not adding redundancies or things that might conflict with rebirth. Some of the things in Chocolate Pack and MSGO have either been updated or made obsolete by other mods. And I don't know if Uvirith's Legacy is compatible with Rebirth or not. Be sure you really look at Rebirth's readme though.
Oh yeah, the MGSO / Rebirth relationship is basically the only factor I already know about. Definitely got the impression that Chocolate and MGSO had some redundancies, guess I'll install MGSO first and then go through Chocolate to see if there's anything from there I'm missing and need. Mostly I was concerned about Rebirth and Uvirith working together, I think. Guess I have a process of trial and error with lots of backups to look forward to in figuring things out properly though! Thanks for the reply.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rebirth is horrible, don't use it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's horrible AND it isn't compatible with anything :thumbsup:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Mortimer posted:

It's horrible AND it isn't compatible with anything :thumbsup:
My last playthrough was using it and I thought it was pretty cool. Is there anything in particular about it that's horrible? Lack of compatibility's a bummer though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Also interested in why Rebirth is bad, though I haven't used it and never plan to, I just like reading about lovely mods people put a lot of effort into making

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think I posted my running experienced with it ITT, but a standout was that the author’s obsession with ~balance~ at the cost of all fun, atmosphere and character was so great that he apparently decided that the Hair Shirt of St Aumanator was unbalanced or something, because he removed it from the game entirely and made the Temple questline impossible to complete.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think I posted my running experienced with it ITT, but a standout was that the author’s obsession with ~balance~ at the cost of all fun, atmosphere and character was so great that he apparently decided that the Hair Shirt of St Aumanator was unbalanced or something, because he removed it from the game entirely and made the Temple questline impossible to complete.
Huh. I've never gotten around to finishing the Temple questline but that's definitely a dumb change. I just liked it for the expanded cities it provides, maybe there's a better mod to look for that does that without loving with things it shouldn't?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Woebin posted:

Huh. I've never gotten around to finishing the Temple questline but that's definitely a dumb change. I just liked it for the expanded cities it provides, maybe there's a better mod to look for that does that without loving with things it shouldn't?

Your best bet is handculling all of the non environmental changes he made. Then enjoy as none of your grass mods work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I do want to point out that I think the new music in Rebirth sounds great and fits in with Morrowind's original soundtracks. Worth downloading just to extract those MP3s, imo.