Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Gyshall posted:

Yup, assuming you're running MGE and you generated your distant land. They should never be checked.

Not sure what it would do to an existing save like that, though.

eh I'm not so far along in this playthrough that I can't restart and get it all back in an hour or two.

edit: bosmer snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Rookersh posted:

Anybody happen to have Passive Healthy Wildlife sitting around on their computer? Seems it's been deleted across the internet, and I really liked that mod.

This one works, but it seems to be gone from the Nexus
http://www.moddb.com/mods/eden/addons/passively-healthy-wildlife-v2

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here is the same mod - http://mw.modhistory.com/download-47-7507

just a reminder that http://mw.modhistory.com has pretty much every morrowind mod ever, multiple versions, etc.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Look who got interviewed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Fu2nKbPK4

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

he sounds (some kind of scottish or irish or english) as hell

good on you though for making rad stuff though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mortimer posted:

he sounds (some kind of scottish or irish or english) as hell

good on you though for making rad stuff though

That's definitely some sort of English, not good enough on accents to get more specific, but it sure as gently caress isn't Irish or Scottish.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
oh my goodness those accents :3:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Skwirl posted:

That's definitely some sort of English, not good enough on accents to get more specific, but it sure as gently caress isn't Irish or Scottish.
im insanely sad to find out I'm not Scottish :(

I was trying to put on my understandable voice but I was also drinking (I had a really cool Friday night) so I’m not sure how well that worked out and haven’t listened to it yet. Darkelfguy’s accent really surprised me, I was sure he was English but apparently he’s from Missouri.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Wow, Darkelfguy as really improved a hell of alot with his voice in these videos, when he first started those showcases he sounded cringey and awkward as hell.

also super surprised he is from Missouri.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im insanely sad to find out I'm not Scottish :(

I was trying to put on my understandable voice but I was also drinking (I had a really cool Friday night) so I’m not sure how well that worked out and haven’t listened to it yet. Darkelfguy’s accent really surprised me, I was sure he was English but apparently he’s from Missouri.

He's an English ex-pat, I believe. While chatting with him about the Tea Mod, he complained of America's lack of good tea.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Hey guys, guess what?

Look at your keyboard. Look up again. See the three faces of Nerevar?

Tamriel Rebuilt isn't dead yet. The fat lady still hasn't sung.

We've finally been able to pick up the pieces of 2014/2015 and progress is going on to model out all the Great Houses, with the curren focus on the Deshaan Confederacy Great House Dres and their environment. We're still working out the kinks of the new(ish) website and the styling is atrocious but at least we run on newer software than SA.

Side projects in this whole clusterfuck are TR Travels (which aims to put in the one, best, travel network of the province), and establishing closer ties with Project Tamriel (one of their projects, Skyrim: Home of the Nords, has a trailer now.)

As is customary, this is also a call for help: we all know that the Morrowind modding community is rather tiny and as the recent disintegration of Beyond Skyrim has shown, long-running big projects are rare and hard to do, even when you pride yourself on having more active modders than TR ever did. If you can model, or do quests, or just monkey together one or two interiors, TR needs all the attention it can get. We're terrifyingly close to getting poo poo done and kicking off a new round of claims, and we need all the help we can get.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So I have been having issues with MGSO 3.0. I have the Steam GOTY edition with only that pack installed but I seem to crash a lot, and at random. Opening doors to go outside, picking up scrolls, etc after 10-20 minutes of playing. I have no idea if it is because I play it in Borderless windowed or some weird setting that is not agreeing with my system.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So I have been having issues with MGSO 3.0. I have the Steam GOTY edition with only that pack installed but I seem to crash a lot, and at random. Opening doors to go outside, picking up scrolls, etc after 10-20 minutes of playing. I have no idea if it is because I play it in Borderless windowed or some weird setting that is not agreeing with my system.

did you download the unofficial patches?
http://download.fliggerty.com/download--72
http://download.fliggerty.com/download--85

Try fullscreen instead of borderless and see if that fixes it.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Mortimer posted:

did you download the unofficial patches?
http://download.fliggerty.com/download--72
http://download.fliggerty.com/download--85

Try fullscreen instead of borderless and see if that fixes it.

No I didn't. Are those links unrelated, because they are just companions.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

No I didn't. Are those links unrelated, because they are just companions.

wow fliggerty's site makes no sense, those were 100% the URL's of the patches when I pasted them
http://download.fliggerty.com/download-13-726
http://download.fliggerty.com/download--852

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Im trying to sell alchemy ingredients to the khajit in balmora who gives mage guild quests, but the nearby mages aggro when I sell some ingredients, what the hell?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Finnish Flasher posted:

Im trying to sell alchemy ingredients to the khajit in balmora who gives mage guild quests, but the nearby mages aggro when I sell some ingredients, what the hell?

Have you stolen ingredients from the mages guild before? If you sell ingredients of the same type back they'll be flagged as stolen.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks, it's probably that. I was able to sell the same ingredients to different vendors.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
IIRC, you can clean these stolen item records from your save with the Enchanted Editor.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

quote:

OpenMW can now automatically use normal maps if it answers to the naming scheme. As Scrawl explains it: “This is now implemented. For example, for the color texture foo.dds, the game will automatically use foo_n.dds as a normal map (if it exists). The benefit is that you don’t have to go around modifying (and distributing) all the .nif files / mesh files.”

Pretty awesome. I remember it being a lot of fuckery for normal maps before. Also, there's a retrospective on the last few OMW updates and it also sounds like more release videos might be coming along in the future as well.

https://openmw.org/en/

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im going to say this, even though I know some oldschool purists will yell at me: I really wish they'd fix the goddamn distant lands feature. :argh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Ulillillia will start playing Morrowind on his OG Xbox soon.

There will be grinding.

:munch:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Maybe we can get him and Chris-chan to stream playing it.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

axolotl farmer posted:

Ulillillia will start playing Morrowind on his OG Xbox soon.

There will be grinding.

:munch:

Oh god, we have to get him to collect all 36 lessons and interpret them. "Well, I'm not sure why you'd make a spear out of milk but presumably it must be in milk's liquid phase..."

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Maybe we can get him and Chris-chan to stream playing it.
don't compare uli to chris chan :(

Openmw is on the verge of being 1:1 with the original engine's functionality now, right? As soon as distant land is a thing (gently caress purism) I'm gonna be all over it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

As far as I can tell, except for some niggling bugs, it is 1:1.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
The only differences I've noticed on the OSX version are a music hiccup once every few minutes, UI elements either refusing to hide or refusing to show occasionally if you click in and out of them too quickly, and it being fast as heck.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im a horndog.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Weird question, I want to show off the two houses glitch by talking to Vedam Dren about the Camonna Tong, but it looks like it got fixed in the Morrowind Patch Project. Is there a way to 'unfix' that minor thing while keeping the rest of the fixes?

EDIT: While I'm here, has anyone tried running MGSO with OpenMW? I've seen conflicting reports on whether it's possible.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 8, 2016

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

So it seems it was the Morrowind Overhaul itself that was causing my constant crashes and not some base game issue. Could it be due to all the stuff enabled when I installed it or some other minor setting

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just play openmw.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So it seems it was the Morrowind Overhaul itself that was causing my constant crashes and not some base game issue. Could it be due to all the stuff enabled when I installed it or some other minor setting

it could be anything but I have no idea what you're running. You could have a lovely comp, you could have installed incompatible mods on top of mgso, you could have hit some settings wrong.

Post specs post load order post what else you installed

Danaru posted:

Weird question, I want to show off the two houses glitch by talking to Vedam Dren about the Camonna Tong, but it looks like it got fixed in the Morrowind Patch Project. Is there a way to 'unfix' that minor thing while keeping the rest of the fixes?

EDIT: While I'm here, has anyone tried running MGSO with OpenMW? I've seen conflicting reports on whether it's possible.

you can't unfix that, you could make a mod that loads after that but that's a lot harder than making a new game to show it off, then going back to your old one and console commanding yourself to the faction.

MGSO isn't compatible with OpenMW in the classic "just press install" way. I would hate to ruin the magic of MGSO but 90% of its effects are MGEXE settings, which doesn't work with OpenMW (the rest are mods and textures which you can install no problem). This means OpenMW won't have grass or cool shaders which some people think they need

mbt fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 13, 2016

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah but nothing is stopping openmw from getting those features at a later date once the core 1.0 release is done.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Yeah but nothing is stopping openmw from getting those features at a later date once the core 1.0 release is done.

see you in a few years

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mortimer posted:

see you in a few years

1.0 for openmw is probably a 3-6 months away at the most.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Mortimer posted:

see you in a few years

Yeah, OpenMW is actually making great progress without feature creep. They recently switched rendering engines, and that only took a few months and was a huge improvement.

OpenMW seems to have their priorities straight: First, make a complete vanilla Morrowind engine, then add stuff.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

1.0 for openmw is probably a 3-6 months away at the most.
Still no ETA for stuff like postprocessing effects and distant land though, right? I don't need those things but it'd be nice to get to experience them without the massive performance hit they usually incur on my underpowered laptop.

As an aside, isn't MGEXE distant land technically a shader effect?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I know Distant Land was one of the "not yet implemented, but soonish" features on the last build of OpenMW.

MGE-XE is wonderful, but IMO the Morrowind.exe binary and all the goddamn hacking you have to do to get the game stable is a chore, and the game itself is still pretty buggy/unstable even with every fix mod and tweak under the sun.

Plus OpenMW lets you run sweet normal maps and I think that is one of the first things people have been releasing specific to OpenMW.

I actually just finished the main quest with vanilla OpenMW and it was great. Running native 2k resolution morrowind @ 60 FPS or above is wonderful.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Personally I think OpenMW 1.0 being 1-1 with vanilla Morrowind is a noble goal, but I don't think it'll fully replace the original EXE for me until it's got feature-parity with MWSE and MGE-XE. Which, granted, shouldn't take too much longer after that, especially since I imagine the MWSE team will help it out and the MGE-XE dev will probably, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I could use some advice ;) if anyone has a second. I finally played Morrowind 4-5 years ago up to Balmorra before I got disheartened by my terrible speech/endurance based build. I recently reinstalled in with hopes of actually getting into it, as I did really enjoy the game's quests, lore, and atmosphere my first time around. I would, however, love any graphics/engine improvement.

So my question is which overhaul should I try, OpenMW with some compatible quality of life mods, or Morroblivion? I'm not sure if I have it in me to get two playthroughs in, and I really enjoyed my playthrough of (modded) oblivion a couple years back. I wouldn't mind the loss of spears or miss chance etc. I'm also aware that these mods are not complete, I probably would want to wait another year to play them if it meant the overhauls are much more finished.

Thanks for any help you can give me, I know these posts are usually really annoying but I DID read all the OPs and whatnot and do my own research so at this point I just want to hear your thoughts/ experiences. I'm also interested in Tamriel Rebuilt, is that worth checking out this point?

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 14, 2016