Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Stuporstar posted:

Hey all, just popping in to let you all know I'm finally doing a long awaited update on Uvirith's Legacy. I'm just fixing the few bugs left over, then I'm retiring from modding MW for good 'cause I got novels and poo poo to write.

Though I don't have time to bugger with the slightly-buggy MWSE companion scripts, I'm going to break the MWSE add-ons into companions and other stuff, so people can roll back to the more stable companions without losing the other nifty MWSE stuff.

It's currently done and being beta tested right now, and I'll release it in the next couple weeks. It's a minor update, so it shouldn't kill your savegames if you're already playing it.

I'll keep you all posted when it's up.

Edit: Also, there's some poo poo going down with FilePlanet, so I'll be adding backup hosting somewhere for all my mods including UL, Books of Vvardenfell, and (I don't think mentioned this one here before) Grimoires. The last one's a bunch of books that give you a temporary skill-rise in their respective spell schools when you read them, but mainly, they're eye-candy for your library.

I'll have to replay Morrowind to try this when it's updated. I always loved going through Building Up Uvirith's Grave - it was one of my favorite addons. I never actually tried Uvirith's Legacy but I remember seeing that one mod that made them both compatible, so I'll have to use it once the new version is released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I am making a mod overhaul project for Morrowind to spruce it up and make it playable in 2014 for those Oblivion and Syrim fans who want to get into Morrowind but can't because its too outdated and clunky. Its called Morrowind: gold edition and here are some sneak preview screenshots.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I've been seeing a lot of these projects with people trying to port Morrowind into other games' engines. It never really made much sense to me, because I figure you'd probably just be better off playing Morrowind itself, but instead of Morroblivion or Skywind or whatever crap is being pumped out on TESNexus I thought I would start working on conversion of the Skyrim gameworld into Morrowind's. Obviously I can't just copy and paste Skyrim.ESP and put it into Morrowind, so I'm starting from scratch. There is a dragonborn in Suran who you can talk to who will take you to Skyrim for a small fee. Here are a few teaser screenshots.

Winterhold

Sleeping Giant Inn

Statue of Boethiah "The God of Skyrim"

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Quantumfate posted:

Oggumogoggum; what are some of the particular gameplay mods you would recommend I try to work out? Obviously Wakim's. What else?

Not that it matters, since my crippling indesciveness prohibits me from settling on a character to play :v:

EDIT: I am looking at adding more flavour to the world. For what it's worth.

You should look into some of the mods that add new voices for Dagoth Ur, Vivec & co., as their default voices are plain and somewhat lackluster. As for my own personal recommendation for a gameplay mod, "pilotcountry24's Improved Combat +" mod works wonders for me. Not only does it make the combat leagues better than it used to be (I would swing an axe at a mudcrab for hours without landing a single blow in vanilla Morrowind!) but it also improves the skill system and spells too - say goodbye to Mysticism! Overall, this is one of the better "combat/gameplay overhaul" mods out there.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey guys, thought I'd drop by again to let you know about the latest edition of Morrowind: Gold Edition. Basically, I feel there are too many mods and mod packs that change the core gameplay and story to an extent that it doesn't even really feel like Morrowind anymore. M:GE instead aims to be the be-all end-all pack of bugfixes, graphical enhancements and general gameplay improvements while being loyal to the base game.

It's still in alpha and is very much a work in progress, but I feel like a mod like this should exist for those first-time players who want the true experience. It isn't available for download yet, but here is a sneak preview/demo of the latest patch 0.37 and some of the improvements and fixes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_3IWDlSWzA

bonzibuddy64 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 15, 2014

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

boho posted:

Is the tint on those rose-colored glasses even street legal?

I hate this line of thinking. If you can't stand the RPG combat mechanics in Morrowind, why not just play Skyrim instead of modding out the gameplay? I'm sick of people complaining about things like making a high elf spellcaster with all magic skills then getting pissy when they can't hit a mudcrab with a two-handed axe. The combat is perfectly fine if you actually pay attention to your race, class and star sign when creating your character.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

boho posted:

I've never actually played Morrowind much past the Balmora region

play it vanilla and please for the love of god make an effort to understand the game's mechanics before installing mods to "fix" things so you don't have to learn how to play an rpg

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

boho posted:

What's there to learn about Morrowind? Just keep clicking, you'll hit it eventually? Turn on capslock and bunnyhop everywhere, it'll make you run faster someday?

Or are you talking about the little tricks and exploits experienced players take for granted that conveniently fix the exact problems they refuse to acknowledge that plague the game?

agility is the attribute that governs your ability to successfully hit an enemy or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
It's been a while since I've been actively working on it, but I started improving Morrowind: Gold Edition again. For those who didn't see my previous posts a few months ago, M:GE is basically a modern mod-pack and bugfix-pack - I've been developing it with the intent of it being THE one mod to have installed while playing a new playthrough of Morrowind in 2014, for old or new players alike. There is lots of content which was cut from the final product that I have managed to restore to the game.

I've been fixing up little bugs here and there and I may put out a stable release soon for those of you who want to test it. Keep in mind there is still a lot of work to be done and there is not a whole lot of new content to sink your teeth into yet - it is still a very early version. However, here are the latest patch notes for those of you who are interested.

code:
Morrowind: Gold Edition

! New Feature: Ported the game world of TESV: Skyrim! For more information, seek out the Dragonborn in Suran.
! New Feature: The Bloodmoon is rising, and the Wild wolf of seyda neen has taken up residence in Seyda Neen.

GENERAL:
-An exploration music track which was cut from the final version has been restored to the game
-Revamped the character creation process to be a little more exciting
-Many tapestry textures cut from the final game have been restored
-A Bosmer task force was sent from Valenwood to investigate the disappearance of Tarhiel in the Bitter Coast

==Seyda Neen==
-A boat fast travel option has been added to Seyda Neen. Pazzer can take you to Hla Oad, if you wish to go.
-The Mages Guild has also opened up shop in Seyda Neen. Look for their representative behind Arrille's Tradehouse.
-Relocated Tel Fyr to a more convenient spot outside of Seyda Neen
-Dagoth Ur has moved into a new home in Seyda Neen
-Slightly buffed the starting Iron Dagger in the Census and Excise office
-Yagrum Bagarn has a special gift for the player in Sellus Gravius' office
-Fargoth put his hands on something that didn't belong to him
-The patrons of Arrille's Tradehouse should now be using their proper reagents
-Rithleen's house in Balmora has been restructured to accomodate her spell library

==Hla Oad==
-Hla Oad's rat population has increased

==Suran==
-The Dragonborn has arrived in Suran and can take the player to the Nord province of Skyrim.
-Desele's House of Earthly Delights has some new employees
-Tarhiel set up shop as a street merchant in Suran

==Balmora==
-An additional silt strider port has been added to Balmora to accomodate the hustle and bustle of the Third Era
-Irgola the Pawnbroker has moved his shop from Caldera to Balmora
-The Balmora Council Club has a few more patrons outside to liven up the atmosphere.
-Caius Cosades has been evicted by the Balmora landlords after trying to pay for rent in Skooma

==Caldera==
-An additional silt strider port has been added to Caldera to accomodate the hustle and bustle of the Third Era