Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I have been playing this for the first time with MGSO and it's been a blast. However i just found out the official add-ons are a thing but i don't want to reinstall the whole thing again. Can i just drop them on top of the modded installation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

I was thinking about Fort Firemoth and Propylon Index, yeah. Maybe the area of effect arrows, which sounds broken as poo poo but also fun.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

So, i finished Morrowind this week and will start Oblivion next. But it'd be really nice to have some mods on, because trying to make a good looking character in the editor gave me a panic attack.

Is there a thread like this but for Oblivion mods?

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Mountaineer posted:

Oblivion thread that's been abandoned for two years: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3310676

Oblivion Character Overhaul is the mod you want for less terrible-looking characters.

Thanks! At some level i feel wrong for modding away the ugliness, like i'm missing the full experience, but nahh.

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Install Morroblivion and replay Morrowind in the Oblivion engine because gently caress Oblivion.

But touching the poop is fun!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Blight was still contained at the time Vvardenfell was opened. The full gravity of what's inside the ghostfence is kept secret, and the order to open the island to colonists is given by the King, who represents imperial interests and is not very in touch with the Tribunal.

The embargo must have been declared shortly before the start of the game, when the Blight finally got out of control.

Also, that little collection of farms and trade ships may not seem like much, but remember that the island has only been open for little more than a decade, not much time to really populate it. Plus, the game couldn't handle more.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Well, you are also relying on modlist creator on keeping it up to date. MGSO had one major advantage - it saves time. And for that I can forgive a lot. Last time I tried to use a modlist I literally spent 3 hours downloading and tweaking all these mods, submods and compatibility patches and than just quit because this is not how I want to spend my afternoon. MGSO for all it's faults at least enabled me to play Morrowind for the first time in years.

Hell, same, i get all the arguments against MGSO but sometimes i don't want to spend my whole day learning how to mess with all the modding tools. I'd rather have an updated version of MGSO even if it ended up with all the same problems later.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Midig posted:

Wonder why I have not seen this mod before, it's awesome:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45506

This is such a small thing but it's amazing.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

I'd play Skywind if it was released now. Morrowind is a great game that i need to replay one of these days, but i'd also enjoy seeing these people's take on it.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about enjoying it through the medium of a 10 year old game since a bunch of people (me included) want to experience the rest of Tamriel through the medium of a 20 year old game. And there's a ton of people (some of my friends for example) who only played Skyrim, find Morrowind too dated, and would gladly download this.

I do agree that going with full voice acting was a huge mistake though.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Because "the rest of Tamriel" isn't an existing game that you can play right now

That's not the point, the point is that it doesn't matter how old the platform is. Skyrim is still a very popular game (and the most popular TES game by far) and the same interest for projects like these exist. If Skywind can show the cool world and story to people who would otherwise never engage with TES 3 then that's cool and good. And there seems to be an audience since these videos keep getting attention.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 27, 2021