Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Has anyone tried out Morrowind Rebirth?

It looks like a big mod compilation with several of its own additions as well. It came out with an update today and comes with directions on how to make it compatible with MGSO. My only issue is it doesn't really go into how extensive its changes are and how much they'll overlap the Great House mods or some of the other ones that add real estate to Vvardenfell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Kneel Before Zog posted:

I think they can be combined but it's not recommended? Overhaul redoes the graphics but I am assuming Rebirth does too?
Edit:

Although reading the features it doesn't seem like ReBirth adds graphics upgrades just much more content and fine tuning.

According to the Morrowind Rebirth author it's totally compatible with Tamriel Rebuilt and requires some fine tuning to be compatible with MGSO.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Has anyone tried the, uh, "Epic" series of city expansions? It looks promising in that it seems to add some variety to cities without going apeshit with random nonsense.

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43072/

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43014/

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43057/?/

The modder seems to think its compatible with Main Quest Enhancers as well.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Some updates about Tamriel Rebuilt on their tumblr:

Anonymous posted:

Are there any plans for something similar to a main quest in mainland Morrowind?

Tamriel Rebuilt posted:

Not so much as a main quest, as TR is starting to move away from treating Mainland and Vvardenfell as seperate entities, treating the province of Morrowind as a single gameworld. We will probably in fact be taking an opposite direction, removing the distinction between “Mainland” and “vanilla” questlines, at least in terms of factions. (This was an important decision that was made to increase immersion and give Morrowind’s factions unified storylines, versus the very game-y seperation of our old policy of not touching vanilla Morrowind and introducing seperate factions for Mainland quests). Implementing this in game and dealing with the existing quests won’t happen for awhile though.

As for how, and whether this will also involve expanding the Main Quest of Morrowind to include the Mainland remains to be decided. We’ve recently gone back to the drawing board when it comes to story things, so there’s alot we have to figure out on that front before tackling something like that in-game. Not to mention the potential controversies that making such choices might cause. It’s not something we take lightly, but we’ve recently realized there’s alot of potential to come up with cool new lore for Morrowind, outside simply expanding game content in the CS.

So if you’re interested in Morrowind/TES lore, and seek to expand it in a way that is faithful to the mythos of Tamriel, you’re definitely welcome to contribute! You don’t necessarily need to know how to use the CS to contribute. :)

TLDR: No for a seperate Mainquest. Also no expanding the MQ to the Mainland for the forseeable future, though that may change. The majority of our questmaking is currently being focused on miscellaneous quests instead.

trainwiz posted:

What about say, questlines for factions and similar? I know the Imperial Archaeological Society has some stories to tell, same with the Telvanni.

Tamriel Rebuilt posted:

As mentioned in the last ask, the current long-term plan is that there will only be one “House Telvanni” and one “House Redoran”, and so on. Right now all our factions are completely seperated from their vanilla counterparts. Our goal is to eventually have a single questline for each faction in Morrowind. Right now that is not the case. Our old doctrine of not touching vanilla Morrowind forced us to create an artificial seperation between House Telvanni and Mainland House Telvanni. We realized from a storytelling perspective that this is problematic.

And yes, this basically means we will need to eventually make measured edits to Vvardenfell’s quests in order to achieve that goal. But the payoff will be a more immersive, unified storyline, hopefully also addressing some of the shortfalls in the vanilla faction questlines. (Alot of them felt unfinished anyways and some of them lacked a central plot due to the lack of resources Beth had at the time at least in a few people’s opinions).

As for the scope of these measured edits, we probably won’t be redoing Morrowind’s main storylines. Examples of stuff we might change (using Telvanni as an example) would be things like demoting Gothren from Archmagister and giving it to Dral on the Mainland, or moving the council from Sadrith Mora to Port Telvannis. We’ll definitely need to tweak faction ranks and advancement to accomodate for the extra quests and expanded storyline that includes points on the ML. We’ll also probably make these house questlines more meaningful/interesting in the context of Morrowind’s central plot.

Questlines such as the IAS are also getting the same treatment, but some of our minor factions might be based in a specific region of the province. However, we lack writers and questers, so for the msot part we’re focusing on minor guild quests and miscellaneous quests since they’re the ones that require the least planning in terms of developing background/lore.

In time, we hope there are mainland quests that send you to Vvardenfell and vice-versa, treating Morrowind is a single gameworld. Our eventual goal is to shift away from being a mod that adds the Mainland, to a TES3 TC, presenting a version of the game if Bethesda had released it with the entire province from the start.

This is a super long-term plan though, and I don’t expect any major changes will be happening in game anytime soon, and certainly not before we’ve come up with a plan to do this properly. And also, we won’t be redoing the game’s story from the ground up, so no worries there either. :)

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Tamriel Rebuilt announced more changes today.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
New OpenMW update - Books and Scribs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfq2j8bgQnM

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Has Almalexia been added to TR? Could I start up the Tribunal Questline by walking over to Mournhold on foot?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Atrayonis posted:

Edit: you know what, I made you a door. Here you go. Didn't even take as long as typing this reply. :v:

Whoa, that's awesome. Thank you! I guess your mod now changes the answer to "yes."

--

Best of luck on the Almalexia overhaul. For what it's worth I could take or leave Gaenor, but Forstaag the Sweltering must remain inviolate. He is an intrinsic part of the true Morrowind experience.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So Melchior Dahrk is having a contest on tumblr where the winner and runner-up can commission mods from him.

Here's the list of his previous stuff. Mostly looks like mesh and texture stuff it looks like he has some scripting experience.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So, Melchior Dahrk's contest has ended and the winner has made her choice.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 22, 2015

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

hannibal posted:

- These reddit guides one two.

There's an updated Reddit list here.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Do you have what it takes to save Morrowind or are you just gonna end up waffling?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Maybe somebody can win and have him do a decent lore-friendly armor and/or weapon mod that isn't either onesie and twosie pieces or a humongous pack with shotgun-spread quality. That's always been something I feel the Morrowind mod community doesn't have a lot of. He wouldn't even have to build most of the stuff, he could just steal borrow the better pieces from other gargantuan packs.

OAAB Armor Preview

butt baby posted:

This happens in cities mostly in groups of 3-4. Is that normal?

Are they attacking you at night?

quote:

night time spawns:
fence (60% chance they won't spawn)
vampire outcast (98% chance they won't spawn)
dark brotherhood assassin (94% chance they won't spawn)
morag tong assassin (90% chance they won't spawn)
thief (30% chance they won't spawn)
nightblade (20% chance they won't spawn)
rogue (20% chance they won't spawn)

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
OpenMW 0.40 Release Commentary

CS Commentary

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Open MW 0.41 has been released. The CS has been updated too.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Cubey posted:

I always thought it was kinda weird that there are so many House Telvanni mods and nothing at all for the other great houses. I mean Telvanni are the bestand all, but still. I'd kinda be down with a Redoran mod just because I really like their architecture, even though IMO they are the weakest great house quest line.

I think Grandmaster of House Hlaalu is the only thing that comes close to the level of any of the Telvanni mods. That at least has a long quest line and comprehensive expansions to Rethan Manor. Redoran has Bal Isra Rising and a few other minor building addition mods, but as far as quest support I guess you have Pax Redoran. Not sure if that one has the same problems as some of the others in the LGNPC series.

Ultimately I think it comes down to the fact that the thought of mad wizard lords and their elaborate mystical towers inspires stronghold ideas more readily than "collaborationist mafia" or "hidebound desert bug-samurai."

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
More like Elder Souls, am I right?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So... this is happening.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I've had the same dog-eared copy of "The Morrowind Prophecies" sitting on a special place on my shelf (and in my heart) for years. I vividly remember the section where the author likened the back way through the main quest to Thanksgiving dinner without the turkey.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
It would also randomly sing AC/DC. And it came out almost 15 years ago!

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
"I don't care, put a squid on your head or whatever." - House Telvanni

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
It wouldn't be if it matched the rest of the armor! :argh:

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

tamriel rebuilt's hlaalu stronghold stages

Were those shacks supposed to be housing for the laborers during the early stages of building?

Or are we looking at some Hlaalu gentrification going on?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I recall there being a quest chain where you help some downtrodden Ashlanders resettle in a more favorable area. It ends up with you helping them set up in an area near an abandoned ancestral tomb and the wise woman mentions that they'll tend to the tomb because the family died out a while back (Aran?).

It sticks out to me because I had named my character after that tomb because there weren't any other NPCs with that name in the game.

I remember thinking it was cool because it ends up creating a whole new little Ashlander camp with services.

I can't find any reference to this quest in the UESP. Is it from a mod or did I have a haunted Morrowind install?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I know the quest you're talking about. I think it's from Less Generic NPCs?

Will look it up. Thanks!

Do Province: Cyrodiil or SHotN have quest hooks to explain why the Nerevarine/Hortator/Archmagister would scamper off a province away for an extended period?

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Oh, I didn't want to imply that I wasn't going to those places.

I was just imagining scenarios like a Telvanni mage being sent to investigate why the Archmagister's important shipment from Thras is getting held up in Stirk or the East Empire Company Factor traveling to Haafingar negotiate territorial rights over Solstheim.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Hlaalo Manor, to make it easy to offload all the crap stored in Ralen's corpse.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Does the non-pointy version of mountainous red mountain conflict with Julan, Ashlander Companion like the regular version does?

There seems to be a patch for the regular version but not the non-pointy one.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Stuporstar posted:

Here's the Travel Trunk mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm7zlmbcitwql6a/STT_OneContainer2RuleThemAll.7z?dl=0

Container's found in the C&E Office, make sure you grab the key off the floor as the trunk locks whenever you leave it, and you also need the key to ask a guild guide to teleport it into whatever Mages Guild you're in. It ports to your stronghold, the barracks in Gnisis and Fort Frostmoth if you're a Legion member, as well as some other places noted in the readme. Otherwise you need to pay for a room at an inn to access it. The Publicans support is built in.

TR version coming sometime later.

I'm sorry but I must be a big ol' doofus because I can't find the travel trunk key anywhere in the Census and Excise Office. Is it behind a shelf or under some saltrice bags or something?

EDIT: Doofus-status confirmed: The floor texture pack I downloaded is perfect key camouflage. Keymouflage.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 25, 2019

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Detect Key is a spell

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hawkshaw is like $2 and prob worth using if you don't have some extreme loadout of rings and can find one.

Necroskowitz posted:

I must be a big ol' doofus

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Vavrek posted:

Swapping mod versions without emptying the chest first might be a mistake? Load the previous version, load your save, empty the chest, save, load new mod version, load new save, refill chest.

I, uh, made a rookie mistake. Could someone post the old version so I can do this.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So I seem to have carryover issues in certain mages guild halls but not others. My stuff is safe if I keep in in the travel trunk in Vivec but if I send it anywhere else then I just get an empty trunk.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Excited for Narsis to come out so I can hang with my boy, Vodunius Nuccius.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Open MW 0.45.0 released

CS Update

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
Does Uvirith’s Legacy have updated patches for Rise of House Telvanni or Tamriel Rebuilt? Are they still needed? All the TR patches seem out of date and the RoHT patch appears to be gone entirely.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
So I recently installed Beautiful Cities of Morrowind and tried to rent a room at Arrille's Tradehouse from the new NPC but whenever I select either "Yes" or "No" I get caught in an infinite loop where the innkeeper NPC immediate starts asking the same question all over again. I am unable to leave the conversation and have to reload a new save or exit the game to get out of it.

At first I thought this was an issue with the new BCOM NPC but then I tried test runs to rent rooms at the Eight Plates in Balmora and Six Fishes in Ebonheart and found that I had the same issue. So some mod has screwed up whatever script innkeepers use to rent rooms in my game. The only other mods I have which I'm aware affect beds are The Publicans (with the BCOM esp replacer) and Bed Buddies (although I have 231 other esps that could be affecting it).

Has anyone run into this issue before?

EDIT:

Nevermind!

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 14, 2021

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I've playing with Illuminated Order Improved but have run into an issue early on that prevents me from progressing.

Spoilers for the beginning of Illuminated Order Improved Mod:

After obtaining the invitation and key to Demnevanni Manor and speaking with Thurvien it seems like I should be given a quest to take a letter to M'Aiq the Liar. However I'm never given a letter to given him or a journal entry. I checked a video of the quest online and it seems the issue is that the "letter" topic is not activating to select to start the quest.

I see from the posts on the Nexus mod page that others have run into this issue as well but it doesn't appear that any of them have been able to find a solution.

I'm using the current load order from here, this list, The Guar Whisperer and Friends and Foes.

I've tested this with both the original Illuminated Order Improved esp and the esp replacer from BCOM and tried moving it around in the load order but the issue persists. Does anyone have an idea what is causing the issue? If I can't get this fixed is there a console command I can activate to allow me to start this quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKkEzFEYdo