Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

You obviously have to eat it in order to properly blend in with House Dagoth if you want to successfully infiltrate it.

But really the only mod I know of that adds in babies is MCA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Huh, that's weird, and kinda cool. I'd like to know what mod that is as well.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a mod that heads a slight headbob? I think my biggest gripe with Morrowind now in it's late age is how static the world feels and I think a headbob would help alleviate that.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Positronic Spleen posted:

This sounds like it should work: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=7773

Yeah, I saw that one before but I'm not looking to replace all the animations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I've just noticed that when it rains, the rain doesn't actually make any sound. The only sound related mod I have installed is Atmospheric Sound Effects. I've tried changing the sound mode but that didn't do anything. So does anybody know of a mod that replaces the sound of rain?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Positronic Spleen posted:

I think you should still be able to hear rain. The sounds for rain should be in the "Data Files\Sound\Fx\envrn" folder as rain.wav, rainHVY.wav, and several thndr_***.wav files. See if they exist, or even play them to check if they actually make sound. If they do, but aren't in the game, something broke and it ain't ASE. Maybe the files went to the wrong place?

I checked the files you mentioned and they're all where they're supposed to be. I suppose maybe the game glitched out this one time, but I don't have a way of checking without waiting repeatedly and hoping for it to rain again. Is there a console code to change the weather? The only one I found doesn't work as it seems to be related to scripting rather than something you just throw into the console.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I think the general consensus is that Morrowind Enhanced is terribly outdated and dangerous to your game. I don't know of any alternatives for the other stuff though.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I can't find the post but I think it was mentioned that it causes save game bloat.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

OSheaman posted:

At this point which graphics/sound overhaul should I be using, the Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul or the step-by-step guide here?

I've used the second one for my own install and I can attest that it's the cat's meow.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

adamarama posted:

I'm new to modding, but crave more Elder Scrolls after finishing Skyrim. I have both Morrowind and Oblivion installed. Graphically, is MGSO 2.0 better than Morrowblivion? I like the idea of playing Morrowind in the Oblivion engine but have not tried it yet. Anyone tried it?

In my opinion I find the likes of MGSO makes Morrowind look better than Morrowblivion, but Morrowblivion is by no means terrible and if you positively cannot stand the mechanics of Morrowind, Morrowblivion would be a good route to take.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Lord Solitare posted:

How is Tamriel Rebuilt? I heard the title music for it and just found out it was a mod after a quick search. It looks kind of neat, but it sounds like it could be pretty awful. 200 modders is a lot of chance for terrible content to slip through

Tamriel Rebuilt is really super awesome and high quality work.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Lord Solitare posted:

Is this sarcasm or not? :v: Just asking because some of their concept art was done in crayon and it's hard to tell with goons sometimes

I was being completely serious. It's a quality piece of work.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

So I just picked up this game and Oblivion from the recent Steam sale. Is it normal for Brotherhood assassins to be murdering you within the first 24 hours of getting off the boat? I mean, I got some nice stuff off of him, but seriously, I thought I was screwed.

Here, give this mod a go. It makes it so you aren't attacked until you're either sufficiently far enough along the main quest or you're the guildmaster of a guild.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

LtSmash posted:

Is there a mod that gives a small bit of skill up when you fail to use a skill? That's my big gripe with the game right now.

Leveling stealth is pretty easy. You get points for going unnoticed, the easiest way to get it up is to crouch in the corner of the excise office behind the guard captain and walk into the wall for 15 minutes. I found that I couldn't hide worth poo poo until I got stealth pretty high. At 45ish I can sneak past enemies pretty reliably but pickpocketing is still dicey.

This mod changes the leveling system so that you gain the majority of your experience from your failures rather than successes. Dunno if it'll work with an already in progress game. The description doesn't mention anything about stealth or pickpocketing skills though.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

How would I go about playing Morrowind with a PS3 controller?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

LtSmash posted:

I think you need a program like Xpadder or joy2key to make it work. A quick google found this which has a section at the end about getting a game pad working.

Thanks. I'll give Xpadder a go.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The whole "Tamriel Rebuilt" project has been something I've largely avoided, not because it looks bad, but because it looks so ambitious that I never thought it could be good. Every now and then, people pop up and mention it off-hand, but what do you think of this mod? Do you use it with other mods and, if so, does it seem incompatible with a lot of mods? Can you freely transition between Morrowind and the new areas (even if it requires a lot of swimming)? One of these days I should check the project out.

I haven't played it myself (I've actually just installed Morrowind to try it out) but I've heard nothing but good things about Tamriel Rebuilt, especially the Sacred East release which supposedly blows everything they've released so far out of the water in terms of quality.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

victrix posted:

This is probably a stupid question but: I haven't played Morrowind in many years. I never did play the expansion content. The Gold edition is $7 on steam. Coming right off Skyrim, do you think I could still play and enjoy MW with mods, and are the expansions sizable/worth playing and experiencing?

As for whether or not you'll enjoy it depends entirely on you. Especially coming off of Skyrim you'll need to be a patient person if you haven't played Morrowind before. And yeah, the expansions are totally awesome and worth it. Plus the vast majority of mods require them.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Does anybody have a download for Illuminated Order? The Planet Elder Scrolls download is dead and I can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Arc Impulse posted:

Yeah, a good number of PES mods are having bother like this. It's been put up on Morrowind Modding History now though at the least. You can grab a copy Here.

Yeah, I actually just grabbed it from there after someone on the Bethesda forums linked me it. That's such a cool site.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Will I be okay installing MGSO3 over an existing game when it comes out or should I hold off and make a new character then?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Here's two random shots I took when I was playing earlier. The sky looks so amazing with MGEXE, it feels like it's a real atmosphere if that makes any sense.

I never noticed that wicked gnarled tree thing before and this isn't too far from Seyda Neen. I checked it out though and there wasn't anything of interest there though :(

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

What ever happened to the original MGE? That had a team of people working on it while this one seems to be one guy and is putting out more features. Is this the same project that's just evolved or what?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The Mist immediately came to mind when I saw that.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

For those of you using MGSO3, how about some screenshots? I can't download the mod myself so I'll have to settle for enjoying it vicariously.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

So as someone who has never really played more than two hours total of Morrowind, what exactly is this Tamriel Rebuilt I've heard so much about? Is it something I should install right away or worth putting off until I'm familiar with the game?

Tamriel Rebuilt is a massive modding project that started way back in the days of Morrowind. I believe the team behind it tried moving the project over to Oblivion but found it unfeasible and have stuck with Morrowind. Basically, the aim of the project is to recreate each province of Tamriel in Morrowind. After years and years we've got a little less than half of Morrowind's mainland created and released, which still doubles the content of the game pretty much. It's really well done and totally worth checking out, even on a 'first' playthrough. Everything is integrated pretty seamlessly and the work is all of high quality.

efb

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

prometheusbound2 posted:

What type of new content is it? Is it just dungeons? Or are there cities with new quests and factions?

All of the above. Except factions though, I think; I'm not 100%. I never got too far into the Tamriel Rebuilt content. But all the other stuff definitely.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I've been following OpenMW off and on for about two years or so. I'm glad it's still going, but it's definitely slow going. I haven't heard of Project Aedra, though.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I only ever beat Morrowind on the Xbox. I always get too caught up in modding on the PC version, or it ran like poo poo. Can't wait for OpenMW to actually to be in a state where it's mostly playable. It'd be great to get more than ~22 FPS in Morrowind. Especially considering I've got a Phenom II X4 955 and a AMD Radeon 6970 with 4GB of ram.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I'm playing through with a near vanilla Morrowind install (only mods I got are ones that delay the db attacks and fix up the inn renting system) and its feeling really good. I do want to be pretty things up just a little bit and I was wondering what my options were. Right now the biggest issue is how washed out the sky looks all the time so are there any mods that change up the skies? I don't want to use MGE or anything like that.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Try SWG's skies. What mod are you using for the inn prices?

I tried SWG's skies and didn't like them. I ended up installing MGE and doing a bare-bones config with only a slightly increased view distance over vanilla, but the sky/lighting/shadows look nice. For the inns I'm using "Improved Inns" although I couldn't tell you how it is yet as I haven't been to an inn yet.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Random question but doesn't the Dunmer Ancestor Guardian racial trait summon a ghost for 60 seconds? Mine in game says "Sanctuary 50 pts for 60 secs on Self". Also, could somebody explain what exactly sanctuary is?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Right on. Thanks for the rundown.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Are there any mods that change up speechcraft in some way? Whether it's how the skill functions or how you interact with it doesn't matter to me. It's just that the vanilla way is so tedious.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Anybody know what could be causing Morrowind to CTD as soon as Morrowind.esm starts to get loaded? I was just playing the game fine the other day and haven't changed anything so I don't know why it would randomly start crashing.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Alright, I've narrowed it down to MGE-XE. Disabling allows the game to load as it should. So now I gotta figure out what about MGE-XE is the problem.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Try running it in windowed mode

Fixed it. Distant land files became corrupted somehow. Reinstalled MGE-XE and rerun the configuration and everything is fine. Does anybody know what the Dynamic Lighting Coefficient settings in MGE-XE do, by chance?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

What's there in the way of mods that add wildlife to Morrowind without adding a whole bunch of random crap like fairies and water nymphs?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I am using MGE and can save outdoors...

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I have never encountered an issue with Quicksave in 12 years of playing Morrowind. What are you referring to?

Yeah, no kidding. Ever since I've started playing Morrowind way back in 2005, and all the other subsequent Bethesda games, I've seen countless times people saying to not use quick-save, but I have literally not once ever had any sort of issue with it. What kind of problems does quick-save supposedly cause?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

loving Bethesda and its janky-rear end coding..