Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the nameless one
Jun 4, 2011
Could anyone please help me with Melian's Teleportation Mod? I have the problem where the "Teleportation magic doesn't work here" message pops up when I (successfully) teleport. I had this exact same problem couple months ago and got rid of it by redating the mod in Wrye Mash. Everything worked perfect for months, until it happened again today. Unfortunately the redating trick doesn't work anymore. I made a new character couple of days ago, but haven't really changed anything else. Only suggestion left is this from the readme:

"If this mod is modified, merged or just resaved in a high-level editor (such as the Construction Set, or MWEdit), the teleport-disabled message will reappear. To fix this, you need to make sure the string value is present and set to something (can be anything, just a single character is fine, this is just to stop the subrecord disappearing altogether). Once you're finished editing, load up the mod in Enchanted Editor and remove the GMST string: find the bit that says "Teleportation magic does not work here" or whatever you set it to, then click the button labelled "edit using multi-line editor" and delete all the text. If the multi-line editor doesn't work (sometimes it doesn't), you'll have to use the "Analyse/Edit Raw Subrecord Data" button and set all values to 0. Resave from EE and it should be ready to use."

I installed Enchanted Editor, but I have absolutely no clue how it works or what that instruction above means. I found the manual for the Editor, but I don't understand it either. If someone has done this before, could they explain like to the idiot that I am how this should be done? The message box is really annoying, but this is the only companion teleport mod I've got to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU