Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
Maybe I'm a masochist, but sometimes I wish more modern games had combat similar to that of Morrowind; where, instead of just mindlessly clicking on an enemy with the unchanging result of doing damage, no matter the weapon, you'd have to consider not just your skill with a weapon, but also the possibility that one technique will not insure success every time.

Also the fact that a person can very possibly move out of the way of the weapon you don't know how to use (which Morrowind does put into consideration in a very low-tech way, with the Unarmored skill and Luck).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
So I looked through the thread and I want to repeat a question that already got asked:

Is there a way to get distant rendering and grass on Tamriel Rebuilt with MGSO?
[I thought there was, but I ended up tweaking one too many settings on MGSO (without finding the settings I wanted to change) and I rendered about 160 hours worth of saved-game data absolutely useless.]

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Mortimer posted:

First off: MGEXE doesn't affect savegames or mod order, anything you changed in those options wouldn't have invalidated your game. If you went through the MGSO (the installer itself) options that's the complete wrong way to do it.

Now your solution:
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41626/
^First get that
Then run MGEXE. Select the mods you want distant land to render PLUS GRASS ESPs. Run that utility, then go into wrye mash or whatever other mod thing MGSO loads and DESELECT GRASS ESP's. Do not run the game with them on. Their only purpose is to put grass there for MGEXE.

Thanks for this; yeah, I'm not very adept when it comes to working with mods. Time to write this down...

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
So I'm using MGSO and Tamriel Rebuilt and that's pretty much it. But I'm getting a lot of errors.

On Vvardenfell, there is a specific type of table (which is commonly seen in the Redoran towns like Ald-ruhn) that won't show up and just gives me a big exclamation point.
On the mainland (i.e. that places added by Tamriel Rebuilt) there are tons of exclamation points on the walls, where people's armor should be, where wells should be, etc.

Does anyone know where to look for fixing an issue like this, without voiding my save files? That happened once when I did this before, and I'd like that to not happen again.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Moryrie posted:

Did you register the BSAs in the ini file?

Probably not, though I'm starting to suspect my issue is with load order. And registering the BSA for Tamriel Rebuilt.

e: Well that was easy. Thanks for suggestions guys!

HoboNews fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 31, 2014

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
nothing to see here

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
No mods needed, unarmed combat is perfect in vanilla Morrowind.
I once did a completely unmodded playthrough, finishing the main questline, as an Argonian punching everything to death. No other weapons or magic.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Praseodymi posted:

The only features missing that have been really noticeable are custom spells and potions not being saved properly, so they're lost if you leave the server and other players can't see potions you make,

I think this is a great way to keep a mp version of morrowind balanced. Otherwise people would go full sorcerer and cast a 100% blind spell on new players that lasts 2 years or something. And alchemy can be easily exploited.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
I can see it now: people ignoring the main questline and rushing all the pieces of daedric armor. Caldera would constantly be filled to the brim with would-be alchemists stealing the alchemy set in the mages guild tower, and rich vagrants sleeping on the floor of the Orc mansion, waiting for a chance to sell 200 lbs of poo poo to Creeper.

E: ^ I forgot server-wide mods were a thing in tes3mp, that would actually work. I have a feeling that custom spells and potions were left out while the developers try and figure a way to make custom spells and potions not broken as gently caress.

HoboNews fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 24, 2017

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
I'm still kinda salty that belts and jewellery aren't visible on player models.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
So a question for people that have played tes3mp:
would visual mods like the ones in Morrowind Overhaul (graphics extender, texture updates, etc) still work if I had them installed and tried to play mp on a server that didn't have them? Are those sorts of mods client-side?

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

don't use loving mgso lmao

What's wrong with mgso :ohdear:

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
gently caress I need to find people to play this with. Could I still have fun playing on my own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I believe you mean Fashion Scrolls, yes? :colbert:

I refuse to let this be overlooked.