Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Musical_Daredevil posted:

I bumped their speed up to 50. They're slow, but can still follow you.

Give them Levitate and see if they gently hover along the ground like horrifying hovercrafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Oggumogoggum posted:

This discussion is making me consider switching out BTB's Improvements for Adventurers or Wakim's in the upcoming Chocolate Pack 1.0 release. I will have to do some testing.

I have a fresh install of Morrowind waiting for Chocolate Pack 1.0. :woof:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Krowley posted:

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs :woof:

Not if the dog goes and makes a potion of Resist Poison 15013258% for 1902348712071 Seconds. :v:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

yeah i have a radeon 6870 and MGSO still gives me less than 10 fps in balmora lmao. morrowind engine is like eldritch-level lovely. it plumbs depths of lovely cyclopean sunken cities of turditutude that no man can look upon with sanity intact, like a version of BYOND that somehow gained sentience and slouched towards bethesda to be born.

I don't really want crazy MGSO poo poo, like, things like Better Bodies are nice but I mainly just want really nice textures and meshes.

Aside from like subtle HDR and maybe some lightshafts I am fine with not having crazy distant land because Morrowind is really tiny when you can see it all.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

cthulhoo posted:

This list makes me legit sad: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Essential_NPCs. Why, bethesda, you used to be better than this. Even in like Fallout 3.

10 of them are just nameless idiots for the Dark Brotherhood quests.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Oggumogoggum posted:

I'll definitely do that if there's enough demand.

I like Shut Up a lot more than Reduced Commentary (Shut Up makes NPCs greet you only if you're looking at them, which is very cool), but I don't want to keep just one MWSE mod in the pack.

I'm not familiar with a lot of other MWSE mods, but I'll do some more research.

The only reason I'm removing Shut Up is the guards in Caldera tend to cluster together and only use the line "Keep moving." and it's like a doppler effect every time you run past them.

I'm really surprised more mods aren't requiring MWSE. You can't get anything done in Oblivion without OBSE.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Alikchi posted:

This is probably another installation error I've made, but has anyone encountered all interiors being pitch-black before? Except for the starting ship, I guess.

Disable steam's overlay and see if that helps

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Oggumogoggum posted:

I think the next version of the pack will just drop Economy Adjuster -- I like the feeling of getting poo poo tons of money, and some of the other plugins tone things down a little bit in that department.

What is it that's causing people to charge a surcharge for guild fees? I don't mind it either way, I'm just curious.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Is there any way to see pickpocket percentages? I have no idea how pickpocketing works at all and that was one of my favorite Skyrim mechanics.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I've never seen one, but that's partially the point. You just have to gamble on your character's skills and deal with the consequences if they're not up to scratch.

Unless you have the Morrowind Code Patch, they're not up to scratch in any situation ever. Even then, I don't know what's going on with it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mortimer posted:

OpenMW has a novel worth of text over what the real pickpocket formula is

Apparently the vanilla formula is insane so it'll probably be insane at openmw launch, then quickly fixed into something usable.

:69snypa:

jesus

seeing things in inventory:
code:
for each item stack:
    roll 100, stack is visible if roll <= pcSneak
actual chance
code:
fatigueTerm = fFatigueBase - fFatigueMult*(1 - normalisedFatigue)
#where normalisedFatigue is a function of fatigue. empty fatigue bar -> 0.0, full fatigue bar -> 1.0
#note fatigueTerm is normally 1.25 at full fatigue.

#checks the whole stack no matter how many you try to take
#note: filled soulgems have the value of an empty soulgem due to a missing calculation
stackValue = itemValue * itemsInStack
valueTerm = 10 * fPickPocketMod * stackValue

x = (0.2 * pcAgility + 0.1 * pcLuck + pcSneak) * fatigueTerm
y = (valueTerm + npcSneak + 0.2 * npcAgilityTerm + 0.1 * npcLuckTerm) * npcFatigueTerm
t = x - y + x  # yes, that is what it does

if t < pcSneak / iPickMinChance:
    roll 100, win if roll <= int(pcSneak / iPickMinChance)
else:
    t = min(iPickMaxChance, t)
    roll 100, win if roll <= int(t)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Kraven Moorhed posted:

More OpenMW means more OpenMW bugfixes!

:allears: I would kill to see the QA and commit logs from the original Morrowind development cycle. Must've been a barrel of laughs.

Fixed spell merchants selling racial bonus spells :psyduck: This might be my favorite glitch I've heard of with OpenMW

I will consider OpenMW to be complete when you can successfully steal the limeware platter in plain sight.