Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DREAM PHONE
Sep 29, 2006
You're right! I really like you!

yrF posted:

is an album about Solomon Grundy

Cedric has said it relates to the old nursery rhyme called Solomon Grundy, NOT the comic book character. Rolling Stone and I think a few other magazines jumped to the conclusion that it was the comic book character.

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.

Cedric sang most of this during live shows last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DREAM PHONE
Sep 29, 2006
You're right! I really like you!

Earwicker posted:

how much input do the musicians in TMV even have over their own parts? I thought that Omar wrote almost everything other than the words.

There are a bunch of interviews out there right now with pretty much this same quote:

“On this record, as with all the others, I wrote the music and then gave it to Cedric…But this is the last time I'll do it like that. I want to collaborate more. I've had 10 years of kind of being a benign dictator in this band and I want to make it more like a democracy."

Not sure to what extent this is true, but this album is for sure growing on me. I really loved all of the live stuff when I got a chance to see it last year...better than how they sound on the album. Though I was pleasantly surprised by the studio version of Molochwalker.

• Locked thread