Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warzero.
Jan 4, 2007

Ooooh WEE, That's how I sound, so C'MON ERR-BODY LET'S ALL GET DOWN.
it's so strange when people say amputechture was unfocused and then refer to frances the mute being moreso. frances the mute bores the hell out of me, which puts it at the bottom of my list. the new album sounds like a mix of octahedron and amputechture which is cool, amputechture is my favorite and octahedron was solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warzero.
Jan 4, 2007

WASDF posted:

I think Amputechture is boring in a lot of places. A lot of the songs go on for way too long and like I said, I think they're unfocused. Octahedron would be pretty boring if it weren't just 50 minutes as I find that album extremely simple, which is fine.

I think Bedlam in Goliath and Frances are TMVs most exciting. Frances get's a little boring near the last two Cassandra Gemini songs)

Not to mention "The Widow" is by and far the worst song ever written by Omar and played by the band.

I just felt like Amputechture was pretty much the pinnacle of their growth. The band was the biggest it has ever been and there were so many different things going on that made it unique. The horn section was phenomenal. "Asilos Magdalena" is probably their best slow song, besides "Vicarious Atonement" and it didn't scream "THIS IS THE ALBUMS SINGLE" like "The Widow" or "Vermicide". Also, someone mentioned it not feeling "musically cohesive", but I thought that was what they were trying to do with that album? I remember them saying they viewed the songs as seperate from eachother, because they all told a different story,... or something. Could be wrong.

"Cassandra Gemini" only holds my interest through a couple of the movements, although I really like "Miranda.." and "Cignus..". I'm still bitter they cut "L'via.." so much for the video, too. I remember that really pissing off quite a few people. Either way though, Frances had a couple of really good moments but everything else about it seemed way too... bad, I guess. To each their own.

warzero.
Jan 4, 2007

First listen, sounds a lot like Octahedron. I happened to love Octahedron, and while this is good, it hasn't really sunk in yet. Absolutely nothing has truly stood out to me besides 'In Absentia' which I think is a remarkable track.

• Locked thread