Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
There's an Omar Rodriguez-Lopez thread, but it died right when Omar decided not to release any albums in 2011.

I'm really excited to hear any kind of teaser for LP6, since their live show a couple of months back in Atlanta was phenomenal. Having Cedric take his time on getting around to the album has done wonders, as he sounds better live since Frances The Mute.

The band has described the album was 'future punk', which I believe is quite accurate. I'm hoping for noodlin' and some kick-rear end jamming, but I'm worried that we're going to get another Octahedron. It feels like TMV is really trying to appeal to the mainstream audience, despite the fact that The Widow (and their older slow songs) did quite well on mainstream radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Earwicker posted:

I don't think it will sound anything like Octohedron. No one would describe Octohedron as "future punk", and I have a feeling this new album will sound like nothing they've ever done before, which is great.

Omar has released enough noodly Latin psychedlic fusion to keep our ears busy for the next decade I think it's good for TMV to move on to a new sound now

I should clarify: I meant "like Octahedron" in regards to being bland and unfocused. The only tracks that really stood out to me on Octahedron were the latter 4 tracks of the album.

And, Omar on backing vocals. About time.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I know of this thread, but I hope no one cares if I ask this in here. I loved Cryptomnesia, but I was always reluctant to go for any of his other stuff because instrumentals don't usually interest me. Which of Omar's albums have vocals in them, and how many of the songs have vocals?

Rapid Fire Toolbooth has 2-3 songs with vocals with Cedric. Same with Calibration. Xenophanes, Solar Gambling, Los Suenos, and one more or so have Ximena on vocals.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

WASDF posted:

The majority of his albums are either instrumental or have Spanish vocals. Here's what I recommend

and I'd also recommend Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus for some high-octane ear gently caress and sweet jams

Absence and Old Money are both amazing solo albums that are more or less the "TMV sound" without Cedric's vocals. The rest have a bit more experimentation and exploration, sans Se Dice and Calibration.

And yes, Tesseraction, the bongo surprise in the breakdown of Day of the Baphomets is incredible, especially when you consider the song takes lyrics from an old Deloused-era b-side.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

the Bunt posted:

I gotta admit, I don't get this band at all. All my friends are on their dick. To me, it's all annoying as poo poo.I like schizophrenic, abrasive and avant-garde music, but this is just so wanky and...irritating. The vocals are probably the worst part for me.

That said, I do admire the instrumental aspect of a lot of their songs, minus the really drawn out ambient/noise parts. Is there a special MV release that I might like more, or would I do better to look up some of the sideprojects?
You'll definitely be interested in the side projects (Omar Rodriguez-Lopez's albums, to be honest) if you're looking to avoid the vocals. However, most of the older albums carry some ambient/noise, so you'd want to go to the most recent of Omar's albums to gauge that.

http://omardigital.rodriguezlopezproductions.com/album/telesterion

This should be a good starting point for Omar's albums.

e: How did I miss until just now that a Cryptomnesia song is on Telesterion? God I love that side-project, I really wish we'd get the other album and live touring that was teased last year.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Bruce Boxliker posted:

I'm just starting to get into these guys. My friend gave me De-Loused and I love the poo poo out of it, mostly through Cedric's singing. I got Amputecture or whatever and it doesn't seem to be sticking with me as well, I don't like the production as much and I don't feel like Cedric gets as much of a chance to shine, he's by far my favorite part of the band. Is there another good album for Cedric singing?

Frances the Mute has some excellent amazing Cedric vocal work. You would definitely want to check out the b-side to the album (the track "Frances the Mute") after finishing the album too.

Octahedron is certainly Cedric's album, since the vocals are about the most interesting thing about the album.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

bunky posted:

Absolute agreement.

I'm paraphrasing the actual meaning of the concept, but I feel I've got the gist of it. It's one of the best albums I've ever come across.

Both De-Loused and Frances are both great for interpretations. I also found Absence carries the same kind of flow, albeit a lot more abstract.

Bruce Boxliker posted:

EDIT: I feel like sharing this. I randomly found this girl on myspace and she has some pretty killer piano/vocal covers of Tetragrammaton and Miranda. Check her piano run of Tetra's opening riff, pretty awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/conniehan

Wow this Miranda cover is absolutely divine.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 16, 2011

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Monroe posted:

Old Money is the most TMV of the Omar albums because it was a TMV album before they scrapped it for Bedlam. Some of the tracks have subtle background vocals, and I wonder if the rest of the vocals were recorded as well but never mixed or released? It sounds like it is a finished album besides lyrics. Did they never complete it, or would the complete album be considered Warner Brothers Records property so Omar could only release the instrumentals?

I think Old money would have been a killer album, it is killer, but it could be even more homicidal with lyrics. Does such a record exist, and where can I get one?

I believe that when you hear Omar say that an album is "finished", he means that it is waiting for vocals. Old Money, alongside many of his solo releases, have bits and pieces of members from TMV (see Xenophanes for everyone but Cedric). Based on how Cedric is laying the blame for the new album delay on himself, I imagine Omar gives him a mostly-complete instrumental album to put lyrics over a la Deltron 3030.

You won't ever see this album with Cedric vocals. Period.

This makes me want Cryptomnesia pt. 2 and 3.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Bumping this for big news.

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/01/mars-volta-new-album-2012/

quote:

After nearly a year of speculation, new studio recordings from The Mars Volta have finally been confirmed for 2012, with a solid date for a new song, and a tentative date for their sixth LP.

As confirmed on Sony’s official Playstation Blog, the soundtrack for the baseball game MLB 12 The Show will contain a brand new track from The Mars Volta, entitled Zed And Two Naughts. The blog even provided a screenshot of the game, demonstrating its soundtrack menu, where the Volta song is clearly visible:

Confirmed via Cathy, the spokeswoman for ORLP:

quote:

I noticed you follow RockZone on twitter. I'm sure you will be flooded with questions about them or based on something they just posted recently so I'll keep this question simple. Do you consider them a credible source?

Yes The mars volta album is slated to come out March 27th if that's what you are referring too? That is what I have been told by a few people

And magazines have received the advanced album?

quote:

RockZone
@theoneirologist We have received the advance album and it says In Abstentia. Maybe they will change it, who knows.

But, In Absentia is not the name of the album. But it is a track name..

quote:

lunarpower666 (2 minutes ago)
there is a song on the new volta that goes by the name in absentia but it is not the record title.
Spam
lunarpower666

lunarpower666 (3 minutes ago)
I am afraid that is not the title of latest volta record. we will announce it soon. it really is just around the corner.

Who's excited?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I can't wait to hear Zed and the Two Naughts, especially if it works with the label of future-punk. This album gonna rock, guys. Hopefully we'll hear this song before March 7th, either due to a single release or a preview.

If it's on a MLB game, its gotta be crazy.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Venomous posted:

Can we discuss At The Drive-In here? Because they're back in business.

https://twitter.com/#!/AtTheDriveIn_/status/156440488881307648

This is going to be really good.

e: Also, regarding TMV, they're one of my favourite bands of all time, mainly because they helped me get into music in general, and I seriously can't wait for LP6.

Whoa. No wonder Cedric and Omar were quiet for 2011.

http://atdimusic.com/

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

The SARS Volta posted:

HOLY poo poo

Yeah, this probably deserves its own thread — maybe once we know more about the reunion (just tour dates or a new album or ... yeah)

Seriously. Is this out of left field for anyone else? Cedric's been blasting against it on his Youtube account all year and Omar's been very hesitant towards it in all his media interviews.

I'm still loving stoked, especially if they decide to do a new album.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And from Omar Rodriguez-Lopez Productions comes this:

quote:

Stay tuned. Omar will be playing some @AtTheDriveIn_ shows to be announced - yes. http://atdimusic.com/

:fap:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Wazzit posted:

Already shaping up to be a great year. gently caress yes.

No poo poo. With this and The Avalanches finally bringing out their new album in 2012, I am so loving stoked.

More confirmation from Cedric's Youtube:

quote:

lunarpower666 (2 minutes ago)
YES ATDI IS REUNITING FOR SOME SHOWS. AND YES A MARS VOLTA ALBUM WILL DROP VERY SOON AS WELL.

Apparently Omar got back the rights to re-release the ATDI albums, so here's to hoping he'll be putting out ATDI vinyl through his label.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

quote:

lunarpower666 (37 minutes ago)
the ATDI line up will be jim ward, paul hinojos, tony hajjar, omar rodriguez, cedric bixler. all questions will be answered in due time. for now keep your ears tuned to atdi's twitter page and here if you'd want.

VOLTA's new record will dropping soon as well. it is very possible to enjoy both entities as both offer very different styles of music. a little variety never hurt anyone.

Excited to see that Cedric is pumped about both.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

dj_pain posted:

so excited! The thing was when Jim Ward was in sydney last (around october) he was talking about how sparta where gonna get back together and do a new album.

I hope they eventually do, I loved their last album. I came across their last album after they broke up, so I'd love to see them live.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

dj_pain posted:

can we rename this thread to ATDI appreciation station ?

We can share the love in the TMV thread.

For those worrying about TMV not touring due to the ATDI obligations (from Cedric on Youtube):

quote:

let me also just say that yes MARS VOLTA will be dropping a record and we will tour behind it.

TMV will be touring in support of their new record. just hang in there and we will be making some TMV related announcements soon.

If we're going to see ATDI and TMV tours, I'm going to be one happy man this year.

And the teases from magazines:

quote:

@cazba: New Mars Volta album is sooo good!

And Cedric has to relearn how to sing in the art of ATDI:

quote:

lunarpower666 (14 minutes ago)
i dont know how im going to sing the atdi stuff? its all a rather fun challenge for me: ) do i HAVE to scream? or more importantly do I have fun and please my bandmates? all i do know is that adam levine and solange knowles will be meshed together in a secret lab in vienna to make the ultimate weapon of mass destruction. ladies and germs i give you SOLANGE LEVINE

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 10, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

i am not so sure posted:

I thought the band lost its way when Jon Theodore left, he drummed for TMV originally up until Amputechture. I don't know what it is, but his style and stilted accents really gave the music a lot of ground. I thought Bedlam was cool was too clean-sounding and the drummer, despite being technically incredible, was just too clinician-sounding to me, he overplayed throughout that whole record. Octahedron sucks.

I miss Jon Theodore.

Its funny because I feel very similar to that - the band lost all of its ambient flow right around the departure of Jon Theodore. If you look at the segways and interludes between songs on Deloused and Frances, and then point to Octahedron and Bedlam, its easy to see that the first things to go when TMV was in budget-mode was the polish.

I'm really pumped to see how the new drummer sounds on LP6.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

llibja posted:

Deantoni Parks is a phenomenal drummer, can't wait to hear him on LP6.

Reposting:

He's sounded pretty good on Omar's latest solo releases, so I'm pretty stoked. The sooner a single/teaser for this album comes out, the better.

I was wholly impressed with the Cryptomnesia teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNZJZGCoKes . Man, that album was so good.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

alg posted:

god drat. they were so good back then. when did they quit the hardcore drugs?

Inbetween Deloused and Frances, if I recall correctly. Jeremy Michael Ward's death prompted the change, and it's pretty stunning now to see how much influence Ward had on the soundscapes of TMV.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Relayer posted:

I take it back, THIS performance from the same show is basically 100% psychotic energy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bHfBtIRwY&feature=related

:psyduck:
Seriously I can't believe how much better they used to be with that specific, stripped-down lineup. Pridgen\vampire-wizard-cedric-era live performances pale in comparison. I mean, the sound quality in these videos is horrible, but you can still tell that was an amazing show to be at.

I also get the idea they'd be a lot more comfortable in really small venues. I've seen them at a couple in Atlanta (the Tabernacle, Variety Playhouse) but they seem far too big to get that kind of energy at. Put them in a basement (such as The CW's Vinyl) and who knows how they would react.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=14474

From the MLG The Show 12 at CES. The Comatorium does something positive for once. But they won't post an audio clip onto The Comatorium, to "protect the band". And the Comatorium goes back to being retarded.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 12, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And the attached image for convenience:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Happy Hippo posted:

Put "Soup" by Blind Melon on your list.

Isn't the song FTM on the vinyl version of that album?

There is an edition that came with it, if I recall. I believe it was extremely limited. Of course, it's been talked about that re-releases of the album on vinyl would include that song, but seems like that never came to fruition.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A friend of mine who's involved with TMV (I think she's a merch girl for them) posted this on Facebook:

edit: Haha, TMV just posted it on their own Facebook. Guess it's legit! :dance:

edit2: http://www.themarsvolta.com/splash/

Man, I love that cover. It's an odd mix between Jeff Jordan and Strom. Wish there was some surrealist mojo going on like the typical Sonny Kay cover, but I can't complain.

It's also nice to see that we haven't heard half of the songs from the ORLG tour late last year. If I recall, tracks 4, 6, 8, 11, (2 ?) and 13 are new. Please please have the Broken English jam on this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/17/idUS178872+17-Jan-2012+MW20120117

quote:

While Noctourniquet was, in typical Mars Volta fashion, written by Cedric Bixler-Zavala and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and produced by Rodriguez-Lopez, the 13-track album explores musical territories previously uncharted in the duo's 20 or so years of creating music together. The spectrum of musical and emotional textures conceived and created by Rodriguez-Lopez ranges from the opening bombast of "The Whip Hand" to the menacing crawl of "The Malkin Jewel" punctuated throughout by hypnotic melodies and borderline electro-ambient washes, most notably in the epic "In Absentia." The bold diversity of the new material combined with Rodriguez-Lopez's most confident and refined performances to date make Noctourniquet an early contender for this year's most challenging and rewarding listen.

And finally, from Rolling Stone:

quote:

Prog rockers the Mars Volta have announced their sixth album, Noctourniquet, will hit stores on March 27th. The album, the band's first set of new songs since Octahedron was released in 2009, will tell the story of a character inspired by the Superman villain Solomon Grundy and the Greek myth of Hyacinthus. As with previous Mars Volta records, the music was composed by Cedric Bixler-Zavala and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, who also produced the set.

As of yet it is unclear how the emergence of a new Mars Volta album will fit into Bixler-Zavala and Rodriguez-Lopez's commitments to their previous band, At the Drive-In, who recently announced that they are reuniting after 11 years apart. So far At the Drive-In have only officially announced performances at the Coachella festival in April, though it is implied that the group will be playing other gigs through 2012.

The track listing for Noctourniquet is as follows:

"The Whip Hand"
"Aegis"
"Dyslexicon"
"Empty Vessels Make the Loudest Sound"
"The Malkin Jewel"
"Lapochka"
"In Absentia"
"Imago"
"Molochwalker"
"Trinkets Pale of Moon"
"Vedemalady"
"Noctourniquet"
"Zed and Two Naughts"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-mars-volta-announce-new-album-noctourniquet-20120117#ixzz1jk4YZ8QW

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 17, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Hoof posted:

Very excited about the album but not liking the album cover at all. Would have much preferred some Jeff Jordan or Sonny Kay, but that's just me. From what I've heard of the songs they've played live, I think this may be one of my favourite TMV albums. Deantoni Parks is an amazing drummer. Also hoping for some 10+ minute songs :dance:

I didn't know this was going to be a concept album. Any speculation on what it will be about (knowing that it will be based on Solomon Grundy and Hyacinthus)?

That is Sonny Kay's work. As for the concept album, that's all we know so far. I had heard something from Cedric's YouTube account that he was crafting a story to go along with the album, but it'll be interesting to see if that surfaces.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Cedric (https://twitter.com/cedricbixler_) is on Twitter and is posting some incredible stuff from the old days of TMV and ATDI, including lyric sheets for Soothsayer off The Bedlam in Goliath and Frances the Mute.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

And the single is The Malkin Jewel, which means we'll hear both this song and Zed and the Two Naughts (from the MLB The Show soundtrack) before the album's release.

The single is to be released on Valentine's Day and Amazon already has the sample clip up for teasing. It's certainly not what I would expect from a Mars Volta clip. The chorus gives me a 'The Raconteurs' vibe.

Still, I'm loving pumped for the 14th to hear this song in its entirety.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 8, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

TheQat posted:

Kind of hoping this will be "The Widow" of the album, myself. I'll probably end up liking it whatever happens, though

Bad news: one of the preview posters in the spoiler thread on the Comatorium have mentioned there are 6 "ballady" songs (songs where Cedric takes center stage), and the album has a severe lack of noodlin' we've come to expect.

quote:

"Malkin is very bluesy (like the live version, I guess), and Cedric is definitely getting into some scream-y territory. Sounds awesome vocally. Probably the noisiest track on the album. Not one of my favorites at the moment, but I think it turned out well.

Anyway...hmm...top three at the moment (no order just yet): "Empty Vessels," "Lapochka," "Vedamalady"...all very ballady on the album...so awesome. But I also absolutely love Molochwalk, the title track, Dyslexicon, Aegis...

Dyslexicon is loving awesome on the album--for me at least, it's about 100x better than the live version. I saw the ORLG in Knoxville, TN (when they were basically Mars Volta), and I wasn't impressed by Dyslexicon, but it's perfect on album. It's still really aggressive, but the guitars and vocals are way tightened up. Just sounds so much better.

Whip Hand is currently one of my least favorite tracks, but I still love it. More guitar layers and a super bassy synth thing on the chorus--don't remember it sounding that way live, but then again, I haven't sought out that track much. Cedric sounds fantastic. The track reminds me of some kind of alien science lab or something--lots of spacey noises and stuff. Cedric carries it for me. Also, reversed guitars.

"Hey dude! To be honest, I don't exactly know where "the line" is on this kind of stuff, so I definitely don't want to post all the lengths or anything, but I will say that there is one track in the 7-minute range, and there are three in the 3-minute range. Fairly succinct tracks for Volta, I think, which actually works really, really well on this album. Lots of wankery has been chopped away, which may please some and not others, but I think Omar's restraint is letting the songs breathe."

I guess I'll have to shoot to Omar's solos for his noodlin'.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Aw, they took down the preview? :smith:

Is it up anywhere else?

http://d.pr/e00v

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Earwicker posted:

The self-titled Omar + John album is awesome what are you talking about. Personally I would much rather Omar release more experimental solo albums and collabs instead of writing TMV ballads if that's what TMV is going to be.

Hopefully now that Omar and Ximena appear to be separated (?), Omar can go back to being Omar and noodle the poo poo out of solo albums. Hell, I would have loved to seen Xenophanes/Old Money/Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fungus as a TMV album.

God I love that Omar + John solo album. And after hearing the Empyrean, I'm pumped for Frusciante's next solo venture.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 9, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

WASDF posted:

You guys are talking about ORL + John Frusciante right?

I'd like an entire album full of really energetic songs like Cotopaxi and Wax Simulacra. I'd dig the gently caress out of that.

Yeah. I remember being so excited about Cotopaxi when it leaked early, especially alongside Desperate Graves. The rest of the album, however....

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
You are all awful TMV fans, fyi.

The Malkin Jewel was played on BBC Radio 1 last night. Someone ripped it.

Holy poo poo its insane.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
We'll be hearing a studio-version quality of the song either today (via TMV's Twitter) or tomorrow (via Warner Brothers). It'll be interesting to hear how it sounds uncompressed, since the source of this song is a radio broadcast.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

yrF posted:

Omar isn't taking the creative and directive lead on this album, right? It sounds like that kept this song more focused. Hopefully there aren't going to be long ambient segments or weird kinda pointless stuff. The couple minutes of doodling between songs on Frances the Mute and the long silence between tracks on Octahedron are in the past, hopefully.

EDIT: Content!

"Zed and Two Naughts"? So... Z00? The last track is called Z00.

Ahem: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3430946&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post399668377

Image and all. Booyah. :)

Thanks for the content! I'm so loving pumped to hear Zed, which will be the next song we'll hear since MLB The Show should get released/leaked soon.

Cedric sounds SO GOOD IN THIS TRACK. And I thought he was at his best on Octahedron, but I was wrong. Way wrong.

Yeah, Omar's taking a restrained approach to this album and all albums afterwards. Which, by the sounds of it, means that we get to see some variety. But really, I love that ambient poo poo and Omar's noodly goodness. I listened to Amputechture during my run today and forgot how epic the sax/guitar noodle-fest in Day of the Baphomets sounds. So gooood.

Also, I'm in the same boat as most of you - the 30 second preview bummed me, but this track reaffirmed my love for all things TMV.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

drunk asian neighbor posted:

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Music Group."

Seriously, WMG, go gently caress yourselves.

I'm waiting for someone to upload a mirror, I'll toss it here once its active.

http://www.themarsvolta.com/

quote:

The new song, The Malkin Jewel, will be up shortly, but in the meantime check out the new site!

:fap:

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 13, 2012

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Preorder is up: http://www.themarsvolta.com/preorder/

Vinyl will be handled through Sargent House.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

yrF posted:

Yeah I noticed the other post after I made mine, so I trimmed out the fat and left that awesome picture and tracklist for more discussion.

When is TMV's record contract expire? I think they're past the point where a recording company will help them.

Also, the album and tshirt preorder is a great deal, you'd pay that much for the shirt itself at a concert.

TMV I believe is done with WB after this record. I could see them jumping on ship with Sargent House, since they've got it down for promos, bundles, and promotion in general. Plus it would give Omar + Cedric a bit of breathing room and Omar more access to get his noodlin' out on solo ventures.

I'm hoping that t-shirt comes with the vinyl preorder as well, whenever that becomes available.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
:siren: Studio quality "The Malkin Jewel" is available on The Mars Volta's website: http://www.themarsvolta.com/the-malkin-jewel/ :siren:

The effects on this page during the song are so trippy and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
And for those At the Drive-In fans, Omar's phone interview with the BBC really explains why an ATDI reunion took so long (Omar) and what to expect (the energy is still there).

It's quite possibly the least-awkward Omar interview I've ever heard.

• Locked thread