Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Is there any way I can set up more than 1 'profile' (for want of a better word) on Firefox? I'd like one profile for normal browsing and another for jerkin'. I realize there's mode set aside specifically for that but Private Browsing doesn't save passwords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
loving excellent. Thanks.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Excursus posted:

Is this for privacy reasons or security ones? Because if it's the latter, you're better off just using NoScript (and others) rather than going to the hassle of switching between profiles.

Privacy.

What'd be ideal would be having my passwords etc. saved in Private Browsing mode. Can this be done?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I have an issue.

I usually don't have this type of problemn but for some reason I've got Babylon search installed on my Firefox. How the eff do I remove this? Had a fiddle about in settings and changed my search to no avail.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I hadn't considered that actually, thanks.

Yeah, no avail :(

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

TwoKnives posted:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/746530

Look through the solutions which detail how to reset the Babylon entries in about :config. That should sort it out.

Problem solved. Thanks man.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Looking for an extension / add-on, one which hides the mouse-over preview that occurs when you hover above a link. Are there any out there?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

~Coxy posted:

Status-4-Evar will do this if you would like a proper status bar the way god intended.

Not quite what I'm after, I want something to remove the little bit of text that appears when I mouse-over a link or image, like this-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

pseudorandom name posted:

Set browser.overlink-delay to a very large number (e.g. 3600000).

How do I do this?