Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Does anybody know what setting it is to change the scroll bars behaviour? I want it to jump to where I click on the bar rather than scroll, if that makes sense.

I know I used to have it set like that on an old computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Can anyone give me some noscript help?

I'd like to only allow facebook.com and fbcdn.net javascript only when I'm on facebook.com itself. I want to avoid loading all their crap on other websites. I found this ABE functionality which seems to do the job and I've added

Site fbcdn.net *.fbcdn.net
Accept from facebook.com *.facebook.com youtube.com *.youtube.com
Deny

However it doesn't seem to work properly, the URLs are still blocked or unblocked globally. Something similar for Twitter would be amazing as well!

EDIT:

This seems to work but there's a problem with HTTPS, do you think that's possible to work around?

Site .facebook.com .fbcdn.net
Accept from .facebook.com .fbcdn.net
Deny INCLUSION(SCRIPT, OBJ, SUBDOC)

But it doesn't give you the option of temporarily allowing it on a page, its completely removed from the drop down list.

Sri.Theo fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 19, 2012

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Sri.Theo posted:

Can anyone give me some noscript help?

I'd like to only allow facebook.com and fbcdn.net javascript only when I'm on facebook.com itself. I want to avoid loading all their crap on other websites. I found this ABE functionality which seems to do the job and I've added

Site fbcdn.net *.fbcdn.net
Accept from facebook.com *.facebook.com youtube.com *.youtube.com
Deny

However it doesn't seem to work properly, the URLs are still blocked or unblocked globally. Something similar for Twitter would be amazing as well!

EDIT:

This seems to work but there's a problem with HTTPS, do you think that's possible to work around?

Site .facebook.com .fbcdn.net
Accept from .facebook.com .fbcdn.net
Deny INCLUSION(SCRIPT, OBJ, SUBDOC)

But it doesn't give you the option of temporarily allowing it on a page, its completely removed from the drop down list.

OK I've tested this and it clearly isn't working. The boxes showing "your friends activity" still show up, which means that Facebook is still tracking me as well, can anyone kindly offer a solution?

LoveisOver posted:

So from my latest experience Firefox has been the best browser to run Flash. Is that what everyone can agree on or is this just me?

Not in my experience, Flash over the last few updates has been buggier than ever, chrome works better.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

NotInventedHere posted:

Have you tried ShareMeNot? It blocks trackers for facebook, twitter, and other social media sites.

That seems to be exactly what I wanted, I should have known there was an extension for it. Thanks so much.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Does anyone else get a crash when they visit this link? http://www.economist.com/node/21560317/comments#comments

I think its something to do with the opinion cloud on the right, but if I try and move the page before its fully loaded it crashes 50% of the time.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

kapinga posted:

No problems for me on 14.0.1 on Win7.

OK thanks, I'll keep investigating.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Has anyone else had any problems with the Firefox and the Windows 8 snap feature--where you can attach a metro app to the side. It regularly causes freezes and instability for me.

Sometimes if you wait long enough it pops up with a 'stop script' button that works, other times I have to restart Firefox.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

crestfallen posted:

Yeah, something is off with it right now. Luckily, the auto-HD, buffering, and other more minor features still work fine. Just not the extra wide or cinema modes and a couple other things.

I like the app but why do you have to download it from a separate site? Is there a reason its not on the Firefox add-ons site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

crestfallen posted:

It's fixed now :)

By fixed do you mean the earlier problems or that its in the add-ons library or just the earlier problems?