Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Alereon posted:

Opera Mini (which is not Opera) gets around the browser ban by doing all the browsing and rendering on their servers then sending content to your device, which is a pretty lovely kludge.

What about dolphin/icab/atomic etc.? Do they do the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Doc V posted:

:megaman:

What site is this? Or did you make it yourself?

This is just awesome.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Does un-ticking the add-on bar do the same thing as closing all the add-ons in the bar, i.e. does it automatically reappear?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe firefox just isn't for you :shrug:?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I like the favicons on the bookmark bar :smith:.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
^^^^That must be it. Should've refreshed before posting.

It's giving me the non-symbolicated list too. I'm on the latest version of Aurora.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else on Aurora 16? I can't seem to get the new theme to work (if it has been implemented). I do, however, have the new download icon next to the search bar which is very sexy. May finally let me stop using download statusbar.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

withak posted:

Is anyone else getting crashes at startup today in the latest beta? My homepage is google so their video game logo may be causing it. It eventually is stable after a handful of crashes and restarts.

No issues here on the latest build of Aurora.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Aurora 17 seems pretty stable to me so far. I like the new tab movement behaviour, though it caught me off-guard at first.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone having issues with youtube on the 20th Sept Aurora build? The pages load but the video box just remains blank. Flash video works everywhere else.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

HalloKitty posted:

I have literally just this page open, and my usage is only roughly half:

So I guess.. buy more RAM, don't give a gently caress?

That's definitely odd. I only have a single tab open and I'm using 293mb of RAM.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Seems to be a bug as it just started happening to me. Are you on the latest beta?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Same here. Mine are just plain white though.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Just update enhanced steam to 7.2.3 and ff to 36 and it hasn't crashed yet.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah if it wasn't for the awesomebar I would've switched to some other browser ages ago.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
That seems cool but the rules settings seem to be a lot more :spergin: to me. Youtbe was a giant white page with text and placeholders all over the place.

The memory footprint is a lot smaller though.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

68k posted:

Is the Bandcamp website working for others on 36.0.4? I've tried it in safe mode and with all add-ons and clicking the "play" button does nothing. I don't know what kind of player it is, but it doesn't respond at all. I have no problems at Soundcloud, Youtube html5, etc.

Example page: https://minus-silence.bandcamp.com/album/va-ms-3-ms-031

It's working over here. Do you have noscript installed?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the existing cookies have become corrupted?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

TheQat posted:

what's everyone's favorite new tab extension? I'm trying FVD Speed Dial but it's a bit tacky visually.

I use Speed Dial (also available in the addon store) which is fairly basic but does what I need it to while being configurable. There's a flashy fork of this on the addon store called Speed Dial Plus or something.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have any tips on how to use tree style tabs? One issue I can't figure out on my own is getting threads from the SA user cp to open up as child tabs (middle click last read thread button -> new tab), not as independant ones.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Met48 posted:

This is a bug. There's an updated version of Tree Style Tab which fixes it, but it's not yet reviewed by AMO. You can install that or get by with right click -> open link in new tab for now.

Thank you good sir, this fixed it :tipshat:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Do you want a general purpose one or one dedicated to Hulu/Netflix/other American services?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Bokito posted:

I'm on the beta channel, and a couple of days ago I started to have frequent crashes whenever the Flash plugin was used on a page (after an update to 41b9 which was still called b9 for some reason). Sometimes Firefox would just hang, and sometimes it would even crash the Intel graphics driver (black screen followed by a popup that the graphics driver crashed). On a couple of websites the crashes were 100% repeatable.

Apparently there was a last minute change regarding the asynchronous loading of plugins to prevent crashes. My crashes started after they applied this fix.

See: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1204036

After I set dom.ipc.plugins.asyncInit.enabled back to True the crashes went away.

So if anybody is experiencing this, play around with this setting to see what happens. I hope they sort this out before 41 final lands (RC1 just came out)

I've been having this issue and I thought it had something to do with my setup. I'll give that fix a shot and report back.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I have the same buffering issue on random sites. Refreshing the page a few times fixes it for a while but it always comes back.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Well it is owned by a HK based company :v:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Geemer posted:

Firefox 43's 64-bit version is now actually on the downloads page instead of being hidden on the FTP.
My big question now, though, is if it'll ruin my addons with hilarious incompatibilities or not.

You few brave pioneers that already ventured to 64-bit, what's your experience so far?

Outside of Java everything works.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I use foxreplace which lets you make custom word lists.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
What that man said. Even the nightly/alpha builds will use the same profile from a different install location.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It's because the profile is stored in ~user/appdata/local which doesn't require additional permissions to access or whatever.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I think I got e10s working? SALR is broken though, might just rollback to regular 64bit.

But hot daaaaaaamn is the scrolling smooth or what.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Be careful if you're updating to x64 FF44b9 and have enabled e10s support, flash pages will crash every tab (quite gracefully I must add) without fail. This might just be something on my end too, but I wanted to post a heads up just in case.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It might not have anything to do with flash, the tab crashes if there is any gifv/webm/gif embedded.

e; okay gently caress if I know, could be anything.

e; e; figured it out, it was one of the registry tweaks to enable e10s. reverting those stopped the crashes.

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 18, 2016

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Grim Up North posted:

E10s wasn't enabled for me so I tried that and I got two crashes in six hours, where normally Firefox doesn't crash at all.

Yeah that setting in particular hosed things up something special, any video/content heavy page kills the entire browser.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Ihmemies posted:

Well I force-enabled e10s with some toggle and now it says it's enabled. Thing seem to work fine.. so far. And the browser feels more responsive. Perhaps I'll run into problems later!

A few forum threads gave me problems so I switched back.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Skim Milk posted:

How the heck do I make my homepage the new tab page with my top sites?

Use about :newtab as the homepage... page.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The latest beta seems to have expanded the e10s "cohort", it's enabled by default for me now despite having a bunch of add-ons installed.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

PirateBob posted:

Any way to stop Firefox from bugging me about updating??

Yes, stop using firefox.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

Asking people to switch to a command line utility is a bit much, is there any good third party GUI to use with that?

lovely name aside, 4KDownload is what I use (and paid for so I could download playlists longer than 30 videos). Also does the video/soundcloud->mp3 etc.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Say hello

https://blog.mozilla.org/opendesign/arrival/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The tweet thing is a forum feature that gets disabled if you have firefox's tracking protection enabled.