Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Firefox has been crashing all night.

Anyone else suffering more firefox instability? I've just been on forums, youtube and facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Atrocious Pirate posted:

downgraded back to 3.6.22 and enjoying the old interface that i missed very much. :3:

What's the easiest way to downgrade to that specific version?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Did Firefox do an de-update last night or something? My bookmarks button was on the right hand side yesterday, and it's been there since earlier this week when I updated.

Now when I Turned on FF today it's back to the old menu-style. Not that I'm complaining, I like it that way, just odd to see all of a sudden.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Anyone else having youtube buffering issues?

It's not the audio, just the video that's choppy with heavy animation.

Usually, even when the video is still loading, i.e. the grey bar is halfway, the video loads fine. You can watch it and fastforward all around the pre-loaded part. But recently it's been choppy.

This isn't a cpu issue, I tested the same video in opera and it was nice and smooth. It's just in firefox on youtube.

It must be SOMEthing that's changed, but what?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Anyone noticed a trend lately where firefox is NOT removing cookies like it's supposed to?

Specifically, when I closed FF (and there was that 10 second period where it's busy still running in the background) and reopened it, it kept all my logins. About a week or two ago I'd have to relogin to everything as usual. No changes have been made to the cookie settings or security, it just happened on its own, and it's slightly odd that everything is staying logged in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

dwazegek posted:

If you're talking about session cookies, then yes. Occasionally firefox gets into a state where its process doesn't exit after all windows have been closed, so if I reopen it, it resumes the session I had, and all session cookies are preserved. Killing the process once fixes it.

It is pretty rare though, it's only happened to me once or twice. Because I can't reproduce it, I haven't been able to narrow it down to a plugin or extension.

It's like that, yes, except that the session cookies are NEVER erased.

Before, they used to be.

I haven't changed any extensions or plugins lately.

I'm gonna delete/reinstall and see what happens.