Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

ThermoPhysical posted:

On Aurora, the Downloads menu disappeared and has been replaced with the window again. Has this happened for anyone else?

I just updated to 16.0a2 but this happened before I updated.

Happened to me too. Luckily I can finally remove it from my toolbar and just reenabled download statusbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Ah man looks like firefox 17 broke MinUI.

Guess I'll have to suffer horizontal scrollbars again.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Reith posted:

Is anyone else having problems with periodic crashes on 23.0?

It always seems to happen when I'm away from my computer so I don't know what it's doing before it crashes. The only extensions that have updated recently are Ghostery and FireGestures.

But then I also updated both my GPU drivers and Flash recently. Should I just try a new profile or something?

I've crashed like 4 times since I updated aurora today. It's never when I'm using firefox either but rather when I come back to my pc after doing other stuff. I just updated Ghostery as well so maybe it's that.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Hope someone makes an addon to remove the empty space above the tabs in the Australis UI. Only problem I have with it right now.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

zachol posted:

I think there'd be a problem distinguishing from the title bar and the tabs, though. So you'd try to move a window around and just move a tab.
Otherwise I do think that would look a lot better.

Ah I don't have the title bar enabled. Still though it was nice when the tabs were near the top of the bar. Everything else is pretty cool though.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Ihmemies posted:

I'd be pissed if I had been using ff since 1.5 and since the fast release cycle everything has been going steadily downhill. Less features and more issues each version.

When you compare that to Chrome: has worked always the same. No changes in ui and no attempts to annoy the poo poo out of users. No wonder people keep using and moving to chrome and ie since at least you get some stability and familiarity with those browsers.

same but opposite

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Thanks for linking that exactly what I was hoping for.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

~Coxy posted:

How dare people discuss the new Firefox release in the Firefox thread. Only opinions in favour of each change shall be allowed. All others are shitposts.

lol

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Avenging Dentist posted:

It's been this way for a few years, so I'm not sure why you just noticed it. Maybe there was an old pref that changed the behavior...?

(You can also get the popup immediately by hitting Ctrl+D.)

I never knew this either but its cool that all the hidden features are just assumed to be known by every user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
drat bet you googled how to be a oval office too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)