Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Huuuurk. Little help here.

My Firefox appears to have updated to 14. Apparently 14 no longer handles history the same way. I delete my non-work related history after work every day (paranoid :tinfoil:), but it seems that the history no longer shows pages that get redirected, as I noticed when I typed in an f and got "forums.somethingawful.com" showing up.

Is there any way to delete those entries from my history without wiping my history entirely? I hate having to do that. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Just highlight them and hit delete. Edit: if this is what's not working anymore, you can also delete from the address bar; scroll down to whatever suggested URL is a problem and tap delete. Works for any autocomplete list, I'm pretty sure.

Of course, they don't really need to rely on your local browser history to see where you're going :tinfoil:
Oh huh, didn't notice you can delete from the address bar. Interesting, if less convenient and more irritating. Thanks!

EDIT: nope, it deletes the records but the "forums.somethingawful.com" address still pops up when I type F. Mrrrrrrrg.

(I know about that. I'm more worried about my boss fiddling with my computer directly than the IT people here. Paranoia! :v:)

theshim fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 20, 2012

theshim
May 1, 2012

Well, setting browser.urlbar.autofill to false stops my address bar from autocompleteing websites for me, which is good. Still annoyed that history no longer shows or deletes redirect pages; need to find out how to get rid of those.

theshim
May 1, 2012

This is a really minor thing but it is getting on my nerves: as of the latest update, Firefox no longer remembers whether I chose to open or save a download and always defaults to save. The vast majority of the time, here at work, I just need to open and print the file, and I'm used to just hitting enter as the dialog pops up, so this is bugging me. Poking around in options and about:config didn't seem to turn up anything; any advice?