Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
is there a setting I can set in about:config or anywhere else to have the bookmarks sidebar auto close when I click on a bookmark? I've tried all in one sidebar but I really don't need all the extra stuff it does, and it leaves a strip on the side that irks me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Well that update seems to lock my browser up on any flash content unless I now disable protected mode. Wouldn't be flash without it getting worse with every new version.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
I re-enabled protected mode and now it seems fine. So I dunno what was going on there.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Has anyone else with an ATI card + windows 8 noticed if your running firefox in windowed mode you see graphical artifacts popping up on the desktop? At first I thought it was my graphics card dieing, but it goes away when I minimize firefox, and its never there if firefox is closed.

It seems like animated gifs/embedded youtube vids make it much worse. I'm not sure if recent builds of firefox or the latest ATI drivers are to blame. I may rollback drivers and see if that makes it go away. My card is a older radeon 5770 if it matters.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

InstantInfidel posted:

This just game up in the GPU thread, it's apparently a recurring issue with drivers. In some releases it's there, in some it's not. I haven't got any idea what version you're on, but your best bet is to revert back to the last revision that worked for you.

Yeah I will be reverting back to whatever release I had before (13.1? whatever the last offical release was which was a while ago).

These latest drivers seem to totally trash the UI in windows 8 for me, it was so corrupted it was unusable at one point and I had to reboot.

edit: reverting drivers did not fix it, unchecked hardware accel in firefox and all is well so far.

hobb fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 18, 2013