Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."

TheDukeOfFail posted:

I like to keep my previously opened tabs saved so that when Firefox opens they are all still there and I don't have to manually do it. However, Firefox hates it and takes bloody ages to load everything, along with much hard drive thrashing. It's only around 7-8 tabs as well.

This is generally only a problem for a few minutes in the morning but still, it eats into my internet pictures time while eating my breakfast :colbert:

I previously had an addon that would only load tabs when I clicked on them for the first time, which greatly reduced this problem but it stopped working at some point and I've forgotten what it is anyway. Anything else that does this?

Isn't this what the Panorama feature is for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Using the 8.0 Beta. It's just informed me that it has deleted my outdated version of the Flash 64-bit plugin.

Usefully, downloading and running Adobe's latest installer ('install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe') does absolutely nothing, even when run as Administrator.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Bad profile?

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

IE6 was good enough for me, for I fear change.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Fuckin' useless talentless half-arsed Adobe coders. I'm tempted to just uninstall Flash and pretend I'm using an iPad.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Adobe: Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunts

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Adobe have just updated Flash too, so fingers crossed stuff will improve across the board.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

The Release Notes for FF17 claim that it supports ECMAScript's String.contains : https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/contains

But I can’t get it to work. Is this because I am stupid?

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

The Responsive view is very nice (CTRL + Shift + M), too

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

You can't dismiss the entire discipline of UX design that way.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Also, the people messing with the UI are not people who are likely to be able to make a decoder. Mozilla is being worked on by a team of more than one person - they can do different jobs!

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Beta 29 is out, Australis-powered. Feels snappy and nice.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

While we're on the subject:

I've noticed over the last month or so that YouTube is suddenly able to sneak through lovely adverts, past uBlock Origin. I assume they're inserting them directly into the video stream; they can appear at any time during a video.

Anyone got any idea how to block them? They're intensly annoying.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

wooger posted:

uBlock origin is just applying pre-built, separately maintained & updated filter subscriptions.

It will block anything that those filter lists can identify.

You need to look in the filter subscription options page and see if any extra youtube related filters can be turned on, or go look for a filter list which claims to work for youtube elsewhere.

Yeah, I know. I've had a search, but all I can find is other people complaining about the same thing, which is a recent occurrence, so I'm assuming Google/YT have messed with their codebase in the last month or so...

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

I like and use uBlock Origin - can't browse without it.

But gently caress me if the Dynamic Filtering UI makes sense. It's god-awful. Surely there must be a clearer way of expressing it?

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

Wheany posted:

I was wondering why the examples on this page don't work and disabling my extensions and hard reloading and everything.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/conic-gradient

Turns out firefox doesn't support conic gradients. :o:

I believe that's coming in 75.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

I'm now running the new Beta (92), and it really seems to load pages much faster. I know they were looking at building out the tab 'skeleton' earlier, to improve the perception of loading speed...

Is anyone else seeing this?