Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
I wonder how this will work with Ubuntu's release versioning. It used to be that an Ubuntu release would fix the major and minor versions of Firefox (along with everything else on the system), so e.g. Maverick will always have Firefox 3.6. Natty shipped with Firefox 4, but will automatically update you to 5. I wonder what the cutoff will be. Oneiric is coming along nicely (at least the Kubuntu daily builds that I've been playing with), so it wouldn't surprise me if Natty will stay with version 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
Apparently in Firefox 33 there's new behavior on typing single-word hostnames into the address bar -- the default is now to search for that term and not to navigate to the address I explicitly entered, and to ask "did you mean to go to ..." instead.

I was about to ask if anyone knew how to globally disable this ridiculous bullshit, but it works to just completely disable searching from the address bar (which I should have done a while ago, but never really need to).