Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

mikewozere posted:

Some drop down menu has appeared for every input search box on the internet it seems and I have no idea how to get rid of it. It even overlaps other websites suggestions so if I type something in partially on iPlayer, I can't click on iPlayer's suggested results because some google overlap search bollocks is in my way. How do I get rid of it? I've clicked this little cog wheel in the bottom right but the buttons for turning things off don't seem to work.

This keeps coming up at the bottom of most pages too...

I don't remember installing anything.

I don't know how it could have happened so quickly but this is behavior I often see with viruses/bad ads. Check your browser settings to make sure you aren't set up using a http proxy. Clear it out if you are and install avast, ad block plus, and superantispyware ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

All those are personal preferences, you get the idea though. You've been jacked and you gotta clean the pipes. Is Microsoft Security really better than free avast? I prefer avast for the easy boot time checking but I'll admit in ever really looked into the MS stuff.