Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

Any further word on if Mozilla is actually serious about providing an enterprise build with slower releases with version 8? Everything I've seen is a couple months old. Figured they would announce something last week...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

Alereon posted:

The first Firefox Extended Support Release, based on Firefox 10, is now available. This is for businesses that don't want frequent Firefox major version updates.

So wait. Mozilla isn't even going to include a MSI wrapper? I mean it's simple enough to make one, but I figured they would try to at least make Firefox easier to deploy.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

Frontmotion is a good place to start.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

Xander77 posted:

For some reason, as of a recent update, whenever I'm in a... text box? Any sort of spot where you can type your own text, my right click options look like this:

Missing the cut and paste menu, and the spellcheck option. How do I enable both (and maybe cancel all the "download them all" options)?

See if Menu Editor can help.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

Did you read the OP by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

Daynab posted:

I installed an old game which forced me to install an old flash player from the old era for some reason and firefox picked it up. (It was showing both that and the most recent one in extensions)

So I disabled it and uninstalled the version, rebooted and everything, but it still shows as existing but disabled. How do I get rid of it permanently from firefox?

I use Secunia OSI to help me track down old plugins. Once you allow java to run the scan, it'll give the file path to the insecure versions. You can track em down and just delete the files it lists.

Alternatively, you can download the flash uninstaller from Adobe and then reinstall to ensure you have a fresh version. Sometimes, I've noticed that it doesn't catch everything though, so that's why I use Secunia above.

Edit: Oh nevermind. Adobe's instructions there on the uninstaller page suggests blowing away the directories after using the uninstaller. That should take care of it.

Gherkin Jerkin fucked around with this message at Oct 29, 2012 around 12:27