Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cinroth posted:

The fact that pretty much everyone is voiced by their original voice actors (if they have appeared elsewhere with voices) is really cool.

Can't wait to hear Daniel Southworth as Vergil again after all these years, he's so dreamy :allears:
I'm just curious if Phoenix is gonna be voiced by the guy who did his 3 or 4 grainy-rear end voice clips from like 5 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Cat Machine posted:

I'm just curious if Phoenix is gonna be voiced by the guy who did his 3 or 4 grainy-rear end voice clips from like 5 years ago

Ben Judd actually left Capcom earlier this year to pursue a different career opportunity, so I somewhat doubt he'll be coming back to reprise his role: http://www.8bitfix.com/content/capcom-loses-producer-ben-judd-1503/

Harvs
Sep 1, 2008

I want to be good at fighting games, i just don't want to put in any of the effort in training mode that is required!

I want to be able to pull off cool flashy complex combos without spending time learning!

That said, i'll still buy most 2d fighting games that get released.

I'm the worst sort of fan :(

One day i'll put in the effort required :sigh:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Harvs posted:

I want to be good at fighting games, i just don't want to put in any of the effort in training mode that is required!

I want to be able to pull off cool flashy complex combos without spending time learning!

That said, i'll still buy most 2d fighting games that get released.

I'm the worst sort of fan :(

One day i'll put in the effort required :sigh:

Don't need training to do full screen ryu supers. Just input those commands and watch the flashy poo poo happen.

e: probably not going to win you the match.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ben Judd actually left Capcom earlier this year to pursue a different career opportunity, so I somewhat doubt he'll be coming back to reprise his role: http://www.8bitfix.com/content/capcom-loses-producer-ben-judd-1503/

He's running a new company he founded but still working with Capcom in a capacity (He's the one to blame for new Devil May Cry, since he hooked up Capcom with Ninja Theory).

Though the rumour that went around Neogaf a while back is that Wright's English voice will be played by the guy who does the voice of Dean Venture in The Venture Bros. Which wouldn't be a bad idea at all, really.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Cat Machine posted:

I actually thought one thing that MVC3 got really right was the graphics/presentation. The game looks a lot better than SF4.

While the game looks really good, I think one part of the presentation that's just all hosed up is the color schemes and how they interact. There are just too many times where you can't see things clearly or you can't tell things apart and it doesn't really help that the game moves pretty quickly.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Vanrushal posted:

Chun's 3S sprite is my favorite interpretation of her. I've disliked her character forever and continue to do so in everything not 3S (her Puzzle/Pocket Fighter sprites aren't bad) just because of how awkward I think she looks and moves. MvC3 gets a special mention here just for her hands. It's a really petty complaint, but goddamn they irritate the poo poo out of me.

I actually like Chun-Li's 3s look a lot, too... even though in every game other than SF2 she has weird inhuman proportions, 3s included.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

I actually like Chun-Li's 3s look a lot, too... even though in every game other than SF2 she has weird inhuman proportions, 3s included.

Cartoon characters have inhuman proportions???

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Jmcrofts posted:

Cartoon characters have inhuman proportions???

There's nothing inhuman about huge feet on girls.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So, who here owns or has tried out the Fighting Commander 3 Pro for the PS3? I ordered it when it came out(should be here this week) and reviews go from "best controller ever" to "meh", but i'd like to hear some goon opinions on it if possible. I just need something that's going to be more reliable than that stupid dualshock 3 d-pad, cause after about 200 attempts to do Zero's last mission in Marvel 3, my fingers hurt.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Chun's thighs in sf4 still freak me the hell out.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

So, who here owns or has tried out the Fighting Commander 3 Pro for the PS3? I ordered it when it came out(should be here this week) and reviews go from "best controller ever" to "meh", but i'd like to hear some goon opinions on it if possible. I just need something that's going to be more reliable than that stupid dualshock 3 d-pad, cause after about 200 attempts to do Zero's last mission in Marvel 3, my fingers hurt.

This is going to be an unsatisfying answer, but it depends.

There is no real consistent, accepted way to use a pad that is "correct."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z24Y5eYIRlc Notice that this guy switches grips, even. There are top pad players who use different grips. Inthul uses the Hori FC3, but Wolfkrone uses a stock PS3 pad.

The hori pad is very well made, so really all you can do is visualize what is most comfortable to you, and try to figure out if the form factor would be better than what you got going.

edit- To put it simply, you can't really know if you'll like it or have more success with your combos until you try it. I've tried that pad and its very nice and if I was a pad player I would use one that like, because I prefer 6 buttons on the face of the controller.

edit2- of course the USB Saturn Pad is the best, but hey

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 30, 2011

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Inthul actually uses a fairly heavily modded Hori FC3, it's dual modded and I think the triggers are different.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
Laugh's new stick was released on etokki.com. I'm not sure how I'd feel about blowing $200 on a stick when my execution is still way better on pad for most things. But it's a multiplatform stick without dual-modding, which is always cool.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

40 OZ posted:

words

Thanks for trying to answer me. I did like the part where you said you liked the FC3, and the Pro is supposed to be an improved version of that controller, so i'm looking forward to getting it. The ability to angle the d-pad will probably help me out a lot.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Bovineicide posted:

Laugh's new stick was released on etokki.com. I'm not sure how I'd feel about blowing $200 on a stick when my execution is still way better on pad for most things. But it's a multiplatform stick without dual-modding, which is always cool.

If you want something that plays nice with Korean joysticks, it is basically a bargain.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Bovineicide posted:

If I was still in the market for a dual modded stick, I would totally buy the Sanwa version. It looks real solid and I like the design/aesthetics of it.

e:

Cat Machine posted:

Q4 is less expensive and is pretty much the exact same product, Chinese supremacy

The first time I used the Q4 it took me two matches to accidentally hit start. It's mostly because I'm not the most dexterous person, but it's still a huge reason for me personally not to get it.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 30, 2011

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Q4 is less expensive and is pretty much the exact same product, Chinese supremacy

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
http://www.zavvi.com/games/games-accessories/hori-officially-licensed-real-arcade-pro-stick-vx-sa/10487368.html

It's sold out sadly but christ that's a good price, likely an error.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Oh for gently caress's sake! My only chance at getting a decent stick cheap.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/30/empire-arcadia-shuts-down-fighting-game-division/

noooooooooooooo triforce

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ahahaha holy poo poo, it finally happened. We all knew it was going to happen but it finally happened and I can't stop laughing.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

All I have to say is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :cawg:

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Just imagine the impact this will have on the fighting game community. I don't think it will survive. Time to quit playing, I guess.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i for one was really looking forward to the next interminable jaxel stream from whichever gamestop or whatever that triforce works at where he talks exclusively about himself in the third person for several hours while people play video games around him

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
At least EMP members will now be able to get the real sponsors they deserve

Jock Mocken
Apr 7, 2005

on point like a unicorn, strapped like tha unabomb
everyday a work day but dont wear a uniform
Gucci Mane a dapper don, capper like a Capricorn

40 OZ posted:

If you want something that plays nice with Korean joysticks, it is basically a bargain.

Yeah considering that if you don't want to build a case yourself your other option is basically to buy a Saulabi and swap out everything for quality parts and some form of dual-modding, and by the time you do that you would only be saving a little bit of money and spending a lot more time over laugh's stick, which looks like it's using the Paewang pcb. It seems like a good product.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

von Braun posted:

Just imagine the impact this will have on the fighting game community. I don't think it will survive. Time to quit playing, I guess.
RIP fighting games, 2008-2011

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
Oh no looks like Triforce will have to get a real job unemployment to pay his rent now!

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Sanford said this was going to happen at the last Guard Crush.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

SpaceBees posted:

Oh no looks like Triforce will have to get a real job unemployment to pay his rent now!

Actually the final scene of King of Chinatown is Triforce whining that he has to work a retail job to support EMP which just makes this whole thing even funnier.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

von Braun posted:

Jesus Christ, my eyes. That avatar can't be legal. :gonk:

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

Was he filming a picture of himself? :jerkbag:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Arc Sys making Persona 4 fighter with Atlus

Random licensed fighting games from other properties? Fighting games are back, baby.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh
Hopefully the BlazBlue team thing is a mistranslation otherwise ugh

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It can't be any worse than Sengoku Basara X...right???

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well, this probably won't have MIDI sound on the console port.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Sex Vicar posted:

Arc Sys making Persona 4 fighter with Atlus

Random licensed fighting games from other properties? Fighting games are back, baby.

Hoping this turns out like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It could happen right? :sigh:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It can't be any worse than Sengoku Basara X...right???

They would have to actively try to make a fighting game worse than SBX. This will probably fall more into the category of "stupid but mildly entertaining fan fodder".

Vise the Stompy posted:

Hoping this turns out like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It could happen right? :sigh:

That's pretty much the only way I could imagine it being worth playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I hope the Personas are like stands and its basically JoJo2.

• Locked thread