Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RickoniX posted:

It's Red Earth 2

Nah, it's time for the long-awaited Cyberbots revival. Come on, Capcom, it's the best of all possible futures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
It's gonna be a new Cyberbots game that is similar to Virtual On and Gundam Extreme Versus except it'll be worse in every way imaginable.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Thwack! posted:

It's gonna be a new Cyberbots game that is similar to Virtual On and Gundam Extreme Versus except it'll be worse in every way imaginable.

Super Robot Wars OG Infinite Battle? (this game sucks)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it's probably capcom vs capcom or capcom vs snk 3

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Street Fighter EX4 incoming

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Cyberbots 2 and Red Earth 2 would unironically be my top two choices for a Capcom fighting game sequel.

Red Earth had some really cool ideas in it; I'd love to see them get refined.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Maybe they'll just re-release MvC3 with all the marvel characters badly reskinned as capcom ones. Thor becomes T.Hawk, Doom becomes Bison, Wolverine becomes Vega Decapre.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Maybe they'll just re-release MvC3 with all the marvel characters badly reskinned as capcom ones. Thor becomes T.Hawk, Doom becomes Bison, Wolverine becomes Vega Decapre.

Deadpool becomes American Dante.

Thwack! posted:

oh god, don't joke, that sounds entirely too possible

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Wonder if Capcom is brave enough to launch an entirely new fighting game IP.

*hearty belly laugh*

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fenn the Fool! posted:

"I get that Zangief is powerful, but how is he jumping into space and grabbing a meteor?"

"Dude, I dig Cammy's new boots with knives on them!"

This could work!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

LvK posted:

oh god, don't joke, that sounds entirely too possible

Yeah, suddenly I regret my comment about it being the best possible future. It couldn't possibly end well. :smith:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Speaking of Cyberbots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcRxmE05_vM

Don't worry, Warlock isn't in most of the matches.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
It's going to be an updated version of Street Fighter 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game 2: Arcade Edition

edit: vvv uhh wow same time post...

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Can't wait for the big reveal of Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game: 2: Sawada's Revenge

Jeffrey posted:

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game 2: Arcade Edition

hey what the gently caress

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Capcom Vs. Sega. PLEASE make this happen. In fighting games alone, Sega has enough characters--Last Bronx, Virtua Fighter, Eternal Champions, Fighting Vipers... Add in beat'em ups like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage, and other mascot properties such as Sonic, Phantasy Star, Super Monkey Ball...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just wish Iron Galaxy or someone would port the SFA series, Cyberbots, CvS2 and X-Men COTA \ XMvSF to XBLA like they did with 3s, Vsav and Marvel 1 \ MSH.

Of course nobody would play them but whatever.

Prowler posted:

Capcom Vs. Sega. PLEASE make this happen. In fighting games alone, Sega has enough characters--Last Bronx, Virtua Fighter, Eternal Champions, Fighting Vipers... Add in beat'em ups like Golden Axe and Streets of Rage, and other mascot properties such as Sonic, Phantasy Star, Super Monkey Ball...

As a big Sega fanboy I would totally go for that.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Medullah posted:

"I get that Zangief is powerful, but how is he jumping into space and grabbing a meteor?"
It's not too much of a stretch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyC_UzIsMM

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Meteors need to come back just so I can hit people all the way to a reversed Earth, bounce them off it and continue the attack. Earth bounce combos would be sweet.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I actually wouldn't be shocked if we saw Street Fighter Alpha 4. Were getting to the point where there is a lot of nostalgia for the Alpha games these days, and making a new one would basically use entirely existing assets slightly touched up and run through a cell shading process or the trace thing that KoF13 uses. They could add in characters that are popular but will never see the light of day in normal SF (Birdie, R.Mika, Karen) and reuse the UmvC3 engine (also cuts down on costs). They could even bring back all the dolls just to boost the roster artificially and save on assets.

Also if people are interested in making easy, high quality sticks for the PS2 I could do a write-up either here or in the Retro thread.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I just wish Iron Galaxy or someone would port the SFA series, Cyberbots, CvS2 and X-Men COTA \ XMvSF to XBLA like they did with 3s, Vsav and Marvel 1 \ MSH.

With the exception of CvS2 which is tough to do online for (despite the fact that two online versions of it exist) you can play SFA/Z 1/2/3, Cyberbots, X-Men, and XvSF on Supercade. And people actually play games on there too. Seriously, logging on to check if Cyberbots was supported I got challenged to a game of SFA2. It's pretty much all poverty games, lots of dudes playing SamSho 2 and Garou.

El Estrago Bonito fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 17, 2014

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I actually wouldn't be shocked if we saw Street Fighter Alpha 4. Were getting to the point where there is a lot of nostalgia for the Alpha games these days, and making a new one would basically use entirely existing assets slightly touched up and run through a cell shading process or the trace thing that KoF13 uses. They could add in characters that are popular but will never see the light of day in normal SF (Birdie, R.Mika, Karen) and reuse the UmvC3 engine (also cuts down on costs). They could even bring back all the dolls just to boost the roster artificially and save on assets.

Also if people are interested in making easy, high quality sticks for the PS2 I could do a write-up either here or in the Retro thread.

With the exception of CvS2 which is tough to do online for (despite the fact that two online versions of it exist) you can play SFA/Z 1/2/3, Cyberbots, X-Men, and XvSF on Supercade. And people actually play games on there too. Seriously, logging on to check if Cyberbots was supported I got challenged to a game of SFA2. It's pretty much all poverty games, lots of dudes playing SamSho 2 and Garou.

Wait, you can play Alpha 3 upper (the only version of Alpha 3 worth playing) online?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

MrJacobs posted:

Wait, you can play Alpha 3 upper (the only version of Alpha 3 worth playing) online?

Unfortunately no, you cant. Most games built on the Naomi architecture are hard to port online to unless they had it native in some version (see: why Supercade and GGPO now support Street Fighter X). SFA3^ is only the same game as SFA3 on the outside, it's actually a total system port from CPS2 to Naomi and while it plays pretty much identical (barring some slight system changes and additional characters) the guts of how it works are much harder to deal with.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I have an MC Cthulu, I just haven't wired up the rj 45 cables (I have to replace a couple of buttons for ~reasons~) but I've been thinking about pad hacking to make a 2p stick. Which do you do?

I'm a huge nerd so this poo poo interests me as much as (if not more than) the actual games.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Prowler posted:

Neither company is really capable of making good games anymore, though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Nativity In Black posted:

I have an MC Cthulu, I just haven't wired up the rj 45 cables (I have to replace a couple of buttons for ~reasons~) but I've been thinking about pad hacking to make a 2p stick. Which do you do?

I'm a huge nerd so this poo poo interests me as much as (if not more than) the actual games.

I actually think pad hacking is the worst way to build a PS2 stick these days. Which sucks because most of the information on how to build a PS2 stick is for Pad hacks.

Building A PS2 Compatible Fight Stick (for the non electronics using lay person)

Ok, so you want to have some arcade sticks for your PS2 in order to take advantage of it's great and cheap library of great Arcade Ports (World Heroes Anthology obviously).

First off you could just buy a stick for PS2. Seems easy enough. Too bad there were only ever a few good sticks made for the system:

-NAMCO PS1 Stick (Grey and Yellow): This is the best PS2 stick around, lots of tutorials for modding it if you need to replace parts and good stock parts that don't suck. Prices have been driven up lately, possibly by a single dude on SRK who owns a hundred of the drat things.

-ASCII Stick (White and Yellow): Also a decent stick, very expensive and similar to the Dreamcast Fightstick everyone loves so much.

-Hori Tekken 5 stick (Black and Red): Another pretty good stick, good modding potential as well.

Too bad all those sticks cost upwards of 60 bucks! So lets say you want to MAKE a stick, but you don't really want to spend a huge amount of money and you don't trust yourself to make a box for one or do complicated solder work. In that case you can mod and existing stick.

-X-Arcade: These things are terrible stock but are basically big honkin chunks of wood, so it's easy to put new parts in them (usually a joystick and buttons by a company called IL).

-Street Fighter Stick: Very similar to the X-Arcade but with better art, also easy to mod.

-"The wooden stick" and the Saulabi: These are cheap PS2 Korean style joysticks. K Style sticks are different from normal ones but if you play 3D fighters like VF, Tekken and SF2 (all with good PS2 versions) you may want to look into these.

And then you can follow one of the many online tutorials that exist for gutting these things and putting in new parts.

BUT WHAT IF I AM STUPID AND LOVE PROJECTS?
Well, then you are who the rest of this tutorial is for.

In order to build ourselves a PS2 stick we'll need some parts:

1 Enclosure or Box to put the parts in.
6 High Quality Arcade Buttons
2 Not so High Quality Buttons
1 Joystick (or Lever if you're old)
1 Printed Circuit Board for running the whole shebangle
1 30MM Drill Bit (Spade)

You'll also need some stuff you should already have at your house:
1 Power Drill
1 Soldering Iron
1 A File or sandpaper
1 Sharp rear end knife

So first we need to select a PCB to run our Stick from. You'd think you'd want to just use one from a controller, but you'd be wrong. There are some upsides to using a PS2 Controller PCB but also a lot of downsides:

Upsides:
-Cheap
-Very Small if you use the right ones (you can compact it down into a 3 inch by 1 inch rectangle if you're good)

Downsides:
-Have to wire resistors to invert the signal from the triggers
-Only certain models of the PCB work for arcade sticks
-lots of dirty soldering and PCB scraping

Ideally you'll want a custom made board. The best one is called the ZD Rematch and you can find one on Ebay for about 20 bucks, you want the one that comes with PS2 cables. Barring that you can use a PCB stripped from a custom controller or fight stick. The Nubytech Street Fighter anniversary controllers are good for this since they dont need you to invert any triggers (they have 6 face buttons) you can also harvest one from a cheap lovely PS2 stick (there are many on ebay for sub 20 dollar prices).

Lets assume you have chosen the ZD Rematch. It's a good choice because you wont have to do any soldering, lucky you!

Second lets get some of those buttons. We first need to figure out what kind of button you desire, if you can always use screw in buttons:

Old School Street Fighter 2 Cabinet: IL Competition Pro Concaves: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/325-il-concave-buttons
Not so Old School American Fighting Game/I am a Profession Mortal Kombat Player: IL Competition Pro Convex: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/326-il-compeition-buttons
I want buttons that look like old style Street Fighter ones but play like new style Sanwas: The same buttons as above but with the 20 gram microswitches installed in them.
I am a devious foreigner/New School Fighting Game player: Sanwa OBSF 30mm: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/357-sanwa-obsf-30-solid-color-30mm-pushbutton
I am a devious Foreigner (Korean Flavor)/I enjoy softer buttons that press faster/I play E.Honda or Ralf: Crowns (buy spacers) http://etokki.com/Arcade-Buttons
I want decent buttons but for not that much money: These buttons with the 20 gram microswitch upgrade: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/338-solid-short-barrel-pushbuttons
I for some reason wish to buy buttons exactly like the ones in the PS2 Namco and DC fightsticks: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/372-jyueeang-fight-stick-buttons
EXTREME POVERTY TIER: http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/push_buttons/arcade_pushbutton_33mm_black/13675.html

Good job! Now lets get you a Joystick!

I wish to own the best joystick made by any company on the market: Seimitsu LS58: http://www.focusattack.com/seimitsu-ls-58-01-joystick-clear/
I want the one all those pro Street Fighter guys use/The Japanese arcade standard:http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/sanwa-joysticks/695-sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick.html
I am poor but still want a good quality Japanese style joystick: Zippyy: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/cocktail-joysticks/79-classic-arcade-stick-zippyy-short.html
Does that come in JLF flavor?: Yes: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/8-way-only-joysticks/18-fight-stick-with-187-tab-connectors-8-way.html
Classic American Style: IL Eurostick: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/323-il-eurostick-joystick
Do you have something more, uh, industrial feeling: Oh god yes: http://www.arcadespareparts.com/arcade_parts/joysticks/arcade_joystick_steel_construction_8_way/12033.html

Also get yourself some cheap buttons for start and select, I recommend Radio Shack.

Now that you're at the Shack, pick up a box to put this thing in: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062285
And on your way home pop into a hardware store and get some machine screws and bolts, anything 5mm or lower on the width and make sure they are flat head ones.

Now you have all the basics for making your stick!

The first thing to establish is that the non-removable face of the stick is the BOTTOM of it and the removable side is the top. Now we're going to drill the holes for the stick and buttons. You'll need a guide for this since you probably shouldn't guestimate it. I'd recommend downloading a template for making art for arcade sticks like this one: http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/profylebryon/FightStick_Template_MadCatz.png

Make sure to print it at full size so you get the distances right. Now cut out the button and joystick holes, position the template on the top of your box, affix it in place with tape or blue tack and mark the holes onto the top with a pencil. This will give you a guide on where to drill. Use the spade bit you bought (if you are installing IL or Crown buttons use a 1 1/8 spade if you cant get a 30mm spade you can use a 1 1/8 and widen the holes slightly with your knife and file). Have someone else or some cinder blocks hold the box in place (don't use your foot) and SLOWLY drill using the spade bit. If you go too fast it will shred the plastic and you'll have to do more clean up and you don't want to lose control of the bit. This will create some very rough holes. Use your sharp knife to clean off the excess plastic and test to see if your button fits. If it doesn't widen the hole using the files and knife. The Joystick hole can just be a 30mm or 1 1/8 hole it doesn't matter.

Now you need to drill the guide holes for your joystick! Unscrew the mounting plate from the joystick and align it's center hole with the joystick hole you just made. Now using your pencil mark out the holes on the four corners of the plate. Remove the plate and select a drill bit that is the same size or slightly smaller than your bolt and drill those holes out. Now return the plate to the joystick and align the stick with the new holes. Drop the bolts into place from the top of the box, you probably will have to screw them in which is OK, more purchase is never bad. Now slide the joystick into place and check to see if the stick itself is too high. If it seems too high throw some spacers onto the bolt to adjust the height. If you're using an IL stick this will probably be mandatory. Now screw the nuts in hard, until you force the flat heads into the plastic and they are more or less flush with the surface of the top.

Screwing in your buttons is easy and you should be able to figure that one out on your own. If you got some radio shack buttons you can also drill a place for those with a correctly sized bit.

You'll also need to drill a hole for the PS2 cable to leave the box. Measure carefully, drill the hole on the side and then widen it if you need to with your knife and file.

Connect up all the wires to their correct points. They plug right in to the board and there is a wiring diagram included with the PCB. I recommend plugging the controller into your PS2 with a fighting game running in order to science what buttons are correct. There will be two contacts on the end of each cable you need to connect to the plugs on the buttons or controller it doesn't matter which plug they attach to only that each one attaches to the same button in order to form a circuit. If your joystick came with a 5-pin connector (like the 58 or the JLF) you can plug that into the 5-pin port on the PCB (NOT THE USB PORT BE CAREFUL THEY LOOK SIMILAR). Once you have verified that everything is in fact working as intended use the included adhesive strip to attach the PCB to the case bottom and then screw everything together.

Now you should have something that looks roughly like this: http://s730.photobucket.com/user/rtdzign/media/Misc/79d2cf89.jpg.html

Ways to save money:

Get creative with your box. Cigar boxes are good, you can usually rustle up something at goodwill or Office Max.

Use those cheap buttons I linked and the Zippyy joystick.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

LvK posted:

Virtua Fighter

:dance:

quote:

PSN

:argh:

To be honest my XBL Gold ran out months ago anyway, but I'd renew it if someone was willing to let me land gross meaty setups with Jeffry on them!

Play VF, it's a good game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fightstick Pro for $99 from MadCatz this weekend!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Out of curiosity, what are the main knocks against Alpha 3? I loved that game but never played it competitively, so I'm ignorant as to what might hurt it as a tourney game. Was V-ism the problem? I always hated custom combos so I just ignored that completely in favor of A/X-ism. It's a shame if stupid custom combos are what ruined it. :( Or was it just a couple of overpowered characters or what?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Minidust posted:

Out of curiosity, what are the main knocks against Alpha 3? I loved that game but never played it competitively, so I'm ignorant as to what might hurt it as a tourney game.

In short Alpha 3 is mad broken.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Minidust posted:

Out of curiosity, what are the main knocks against Alpha 3? I loved that game but never played it competitively, so I'm ignorant as to what might hurt it as a tourney game. Was V-ism the problem? I always hated custom combos so I just ignored that completely in favor of A/X-ism. It's a shame if stupid custom combos are what ruined it. :( Or was it just a couple of overpowered characters or what?

its janky, the hitboxes were made by someone who hates fun, and controls like someone stuffed too many twigs twigs in a small jar of molasses

also cc infinites i guess

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Minidust posted:

In addition to everything else everyone else said it has this poorly implemented and awkward air teching system like an anime game that doesn't fit well at all. Also you throw with 2P/2K.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Zand posted:

In addition to everything else everyone else said it has this poorly implemented and awkward air teching system like an anime game that doesn't fit well at all. Also you throw with 2P/2K.

I thought the A3 air tech system was pretty simple: Press two buttons any time your opponent is in neutral, and you tech out of juggle state.

Compare to Blazblue where it seems to be "there's certain points in certain combos that are techable, have fun memorizing them all as you fall into tech traps a million times"

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My favorite part about Alpha 3 is how A-Cho match videos used to just cut the infinites out because they do no damage so it takes forever to kill with them. A great way to save bandwidth in the pre-Youtube days I guess.

It's also great when a player drops the infinite right before the kill and the opponent does nothing because the other player has already walked away from the cabinet who knows how long ago.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Minidust posted:

As stated before, the game is pretty broken since you can infinite your opponent if you know what you're doing. But, as someone who plays fighting games just for fun and can't do super long combos for poo poo, I think SFA3 is actually pretty fun as long as you play against someone who also isn't super great at FGs and won't KO you in one combo. :)

Honestly, I'm sure if Capcom (or maybe someone like Iron Galaxy Studios) took the time to rebalance the game and tossed it on XBLA/PSN/Steam with GGPO netcode, I think it would be a great tourney game.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Trykt posted:

:dance:

:argh:

To be honest my XBL Gold ran out months ago anyway, but I'd renew it if someone was willing to let me land gross meaty setups with Jeffry on them!

Play VF, it's a good game.

VF is the closest thing that feels like movie kung fu fighting to me. And it's just fantastic because of that. More people seriously need to play it.

mountainmanjed
Apr 2, 2013

Minidust posted:

Well, for Custom Combos and maybe certain supers you can get crouch cancel infinites going (even in Upper). But getting those you have to hope a player air-teched "wrong" in order for it to get going as well and be able to crouch cancel jump correctly.

As for characters I'd say people will complain about most is your "Scrub Killer" Gief, "Old school top" Akuma, and "Doesn't matter it's safe" Dhalsim.
Gief can just do body splash all day and get away with as not many have normals beat it cleanly. Akuma is the character you're going to see in the old videos doing crazy stuff and thus he is the broken one. But, There is Sim No matter what you do he's safe he can Air Tech teleport to get out of infinites also ism really doesn't matter to him he gains good tools no matter even in Xism his normals are distanced based and the damage buff you get for using X-ism make him a threat.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
If you watch the SFA3 videos that pop up from Japanese arcades from time to time, crouch cancel infinites don't actually pop up all that often. From what I can observe, the real issues in SFA3 all tie back to everything else with V-ism: The amount of invincibility on activation, the amount of damage you do on a single full VC (which only gets amplified by how low damage everything else is), and the fact that it builds meter far faster than X and A-ism. Add in the fact that you start on full meter (wtf capcom), and V-ism completely defines the game.

To compound on that, if you pretend V-ism doesn't exist, then you get a game that isn't very interesting at all. It's like playing a janky, low damage version of SFA2 with a bigger roster.

Honestly, I enjoy watching SFA3, but it's really its own beast that only vaguely resembles a Street Fighter game.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Glad I'm not alone in not liking it or thinking it was broken (and having the latter confirmed). SFA2 was my first Alpha game. SFA3 felt so broken--let's make everyone juggle like Akuma did in 2 and see how it goes!

Edited.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 18, 2014

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

inthesto posted:

I thought the A3 air tech system was pretty simple: Press two buttons any time your opponent is in neutral, and you tech out of juggle state.

Compare to Blazblue where it seems to be "there's certain points in certain combos that are techable, have fun memorizing them all as you fall into tech traps a million times"

I don't really know anything about blazeblue but in SFA3 the tech system is janky as hell and it feels bad to play with.

inthesto posted:

If you watch the SFA3 videos that pop up from Japanese arcades from time to time, crouch cancel infinites don't actually pop up all that often.

And they usually also dont pick Akuma or just do wall dive poo poo on Claw in ST. For arcade play of any fighter in Japan, some of the behavior in game is governed by social pressures that lead people to play with "honor" or something. It isn't every game and it isnt everything, but CC unblockables into crouch cancel infinites would be happening constantly if people didn't find it boring as gently caress. Its similar to if you go on to GGPO and play Xmen vs SF, where most players just do NOT do infinites at all because it makes the game dull and boring. These games are so dead that it's hardly display of skill anymore when people just do the best possible option off of every hit.

Prowler posted:

Glad I'm not alone in not liking it or thinking it was broken (and having the latter confirmed). SFA2 was my first Alpha game. SFA3 felt so broken--let's make everyone juggle like Akuma did in 2 and see how it goes!

Edited.

SFA2 is broken in different (and also annoying) ways. CC activation unblockables are only the beginning of the brokenness. Also there is Chun Li in that game. These are all dead games, at least A3 has more variety in character picks. Alpha 2 Gold actually fixes a lot of the problems but good luck finding anyone who wants to play that game over base A2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

BBCP at least changed it so you can just hold a button to tech at the first available opportunity. Granted, that is occasionally a terrible idea, but it's overall a nice change from previous iterations.

• Locked thread