Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Blitzkampf is a good game. We regularly put it on every couple weeks at our arcade.

BlitzTank is the main attraction, but most people can't play zoner-keep away characters right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Well Blitztank kind of has the problem of being incredibly slow, doing poo poo damage, and taking up half the screen.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I am trying to remember and old fighting game I played on the MegaDrive ages ago.
It had a silver robot with long legs that had a breakdance attack and a dwarf pharaoh (or maybe it was an aztech statue).

I can't remember anything else and it's driving me nuts

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BlitzTank's not even a glass cannon, but if you can be persistent, guess right and spam his jumping medium, you can actually kill people.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I am trying to remember and old fighting game I played on the MegaDrive ages ago.
It had a silver robot with long legs that had a breakdance attack and a dwarf pharaoh (or maybe it was an aztech statue).

Any chance it was rise of the robots?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FYI: dont' play Rise of the Robots.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Fighting Masters?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

YES!!

This is the dwarf pharaoh: http://www.fightabase.com/gameChar.aspx?id=788
This is the cheap fucker with the breakdance move: http://www.fightabase.com/gameChar.aspx?id=788

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Broken Loose posted:

Yo, this is really loving depressing. Maj has some of the best editing, presentation, and technical skills in the biz, and it's really sad that somebody like Desk can put out the same Chun-Li combo + taunts + PERFECT! screen videos twice a month to huge fanfare (even landing him advance copies of certain games to test!) while Maj puts out literally the best video ever annually to nothing. He's a huge part of FGC history and his content will be sorely missed.

I really liked his footsies articles. I'm not sure if they actually help people get better at fighting games but they make it sound like some mystical kung fu without the condescension of Sirlin's writing, and I'm all for that. And I never get tired of reading about Valle and Choi playing old fighting games.

Speaking of combo videos the ST folks have their one-touch-kills down. Pretty fitting that Ken's usually got the fanciest poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
UNIEL is good.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Beef Waifu posted:

UNIEL is good.
Until the character crisis starts kicking in, then you spend a day learning Gordeau or ragequit, then you come back to the same character like 2 days later and you're happy again.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Is there some semblance of a tier list for UNIEL right now? I'd imagine Gordeau and Waldstein are near the top

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

mango gay touchies posted:

Is there some semblance of a tier list for UNIEL right now? I'd imagine Gordeau and Waldstein are near the top

It's still up in the air.

My list, not ordered within tiers is:

S: Gordeau, Wald, Merk
A+: Eltnum, Carmine
A: Yuzu, Linne, Vatista
B: Byakuya, Orie, Hyde, Seth, Hilda, Nanase
C IS FOR CHAOS
D IS FOR DUMPSTERAKATSUKI

I think Eltnum/Carmine might be S tier, and Hyde might move up to A once we start seeing some really good optimized combos.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 30, 2014

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'm not used to seeing grapplers in the top tier, my whole worldview is shifting

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

I'm not used to seeing grapplers in the top tier, my whole worldview is shifting

Isn't Cerebella top tier in Skullgirls?

Also I think Potemkin was top tier in Guilty Gear, as well.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

General Morden posted:

Also I think Potemkin was top tier in Guilty Gear, as well.

Potemkin was top tier at one point but has fallen since, IIRC he's bottom tier in Xrd.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Grapplers tend to be in the high / top in KOF as well, though XIII wasn't a great entry for them.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Zangief is high tier in SFA2 and one of the best characters in SFA3.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Well at least according to some guy Linne isn't terrible, which is good because I've wanted to main her since no hope in english UNIB was announced.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So I know during events they have usually joystick deals etc. Where generally do you find the deals? Just on the maker's websites? Or do you have to look out for promo codes?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

General Morden posted:

Cerebella's insanely good but even if SGE wasn't 1 or 2 very very close tiers she'd be mid-tier at best*.

*This only considers unweighted matchup results, it doesn't include Fukua, Eliza, Big Band, or new tech like Painwheel's parry glitch, and some of the people who contributed to the matchup chart weren't really that smart.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.

Al Borland posted:

So I know during events they have usually joystick deals etc. Where generally do you find the deals? Just on the maker's websites? Or do you have to look out for promo codes?

The one place you'll always find them is the main Twitch.tv stream for the event, they serve as commercials. But the tournament calendar is pretty empty in these post-EVO months.

Fiskiggy fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 30, 2014

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
What do I need to buy to convert a 360 TE stick to PS3? Is it reliable? At my local comic book store some people play UMVC3 on PS3 (poorly) and I want to roll in there and beat them all with random select. :cool:

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Broken Loose posted:

Cerebella's insanely good but even if SGE wasn't 1 or 2 very very close tiers she'd be mid-tier at best*.

*This only considers unweighted matchup results, it doesn't include Fukua, Eliza, Big Band, or new tech like Painwheel's parry glitch, and some of the people who contributed to the matchup chart weren't really that smart.

Painwheel has a parry?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Seymour Butts posted:

What do I need to buy to convert a 360 TE stick to PS3? Is it reliable? At my local comic book store some people play UMVC3 on PS3 (poorly) and I want to roll in there and beat them all with random select. :cool:

A dual mod PCB, like the PS360+. They are very reliable.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
Speaking of Waldstein, here's an infinite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_st5Nk6pA8M

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

A dual mod PCB, like the PS360+. They are very reliable.

If he wants to functionality to a 360 TE, there are easier and cheaper options. Consider getting a TE Kitty from toodles http://godlikecontrols.com/ (well I guess not cheaper these days, but its almost plug and play and it also comes with the older console options)

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 30, 2014

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

RickoniX posted:

Painwheel has a parry?
Sort of. There was a bug with her unfly where if she blocked something right after unfly, whatever blockstun she was supposed to be in was instead reduced to 0 frames of blockstun. She could also backdash if she did it within 5 frames after blocking something in this state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJyTEb40MDM

Mike's solution was to change it so instead of blockstun being reduced to 0 it is reduced to 25%.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
idk if this was posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ljRxl3lBXM

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

may contain peanuts posted:

Sort of. There was a bug with her unfly where if she blocked something right after unfly, whatever blockstun she was supposed to be in was instead reduced to 0 frames of blockstun. She could also backdash if she did it within 5 frames after blocking something in this state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJyTEb40MDM

Mike's solution was to change it so instead of blockstun being reduced to 0 it is reduced to 25%.

Addenda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXcdIW2Vfxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xv2ZRO0IXE

The punchline is that she's had it ever since Unfly got added (so... Big Band patch?) and the PW complaint brigade never noticed.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So are there any actual Killer Instinct players in this thread that I can talk to?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Famitsu article on Xrd's network functions just came out. It looks like it'll have the same options simultaneous player matches and online training mode that BBCP's netplay had.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

No sign of the Arcade Lobby mode then? That would be good news. As cute as it was, it was badly implemented and it fragmented the playerbase. Though to be honest, I'm of the mind that there shouldn't even be a Ranked mode either.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Broken Loose posted:

Addenda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXcdIW2Vfxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xv2ZRO0IXE

The punchline is that she's had it ever since Unfly got added (so... Big Band patch?) and the PW complaint brigade never noticed.

It's flabbergasting that none of the 4 Painwheel players noticed this

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

S-Alpha posted:

Famitsu article on Xrd's network functions just came out. It looks like it'll have the same options simultaneous player matches and online training mode that BBCP's netplay had.

Perhaps most importantly, according to the teaser in the bottom right there's going to be a new mode where you write your own story.

God I hope those can be uploaded and shared.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Sarchasm posted:

Perhaps most importantly, according to the teaser in the bottom right there's going to be a new mode where you write your own story.

God I hope those can be uploaded and shared.
If this is like the wrestling game story modes, it could be amazing.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Question Mark Mound posted:

If this is like the wrestling game story modes, it could be amazing.

I'm already working on my adaptation of Ghost Problems.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Anyone following the Marn saga, it looks like he might not have been told he's dying but actually was crying because he had to spend money (I think?):

quote:

MaRN マーン @MarnORZ · 18h
I went to the dermatologist today. They took off some of my skin and stitched it up for skin biopsies. Dr. said it was PLEVA or Vasculitis.

MaRN マーン @MarnORZ · 18h
The sad part is, she prescribed me doxycycline .. Went to pharmacy, gave them the prescription, dude hit me with the "$260 please" .. NOPE.

MaRN マーン @MarnORZ · 18h
They brought in some medical students to explain what's going on with my skin and stuff. I feel they should make my visit free for that >=[.

MaRN マーン @MarnORZ · 18h
And no, it's not contagious. Either of the diagnosis D:

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I have alopecia, which fortunately is much less gross than whatever Marn has, and since I have health insurance the topical spray they give me for it that doesn't seem to do anything was free. Without insurance it was ~$300 for a 12 oz. bottle.

I remember when I heard that price at the pharmacy actually thinking, "Good thing I'm not a professional FG player!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
marn could like, buy health insurance for 100 dollars a month and that would cost him like 30 dollars a month.

and knowing marn he should buy health insurance.

• Locked thread