Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So I saw this Yatagarasu thing on the runback stream and came here looking for more information. It looks, mechanically, like a street fighter game on PC with a netcode package that has a good reputation. The thread seems pretty down on it though. Why? Small community? Anime style? Developer reputation? What's the deal with this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
The thread doesn't like fgs.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Thwack! posted:

The thread doesn't like fgs.
Yatagarasu, the game combining my two loves: parries and anime

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Corbeau posted:

So I saw this Yatagarasu thing on the runback stream and came here looking for more information. It looks, mechanically, like a street fighter game on PC with a netcode package that has a good reputation. The thread seems pretty down on it though. Why? Small community? Anime style? Developer reputation? What's the deal with this game?

It's SNK third strike that currently has bad netcode but will have good netcode soon probably, but if you don't currently own it you won't be able to buy it until it has good netcode.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So am I the only one who can't find a good game of KOF to save my life? I haven't had a match run well since my very first one - every thing else has had some combination of slow motion and constant stops to synchronize, and most drop the connection before it's even over. Is the netcode that bad, or have I overestimated my college internet?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Spiritus Nox posted:

So am I the only one who can't find a good game of KOF to save my life? I haven't had a match run well since my very first one - every thing else has had some combination of slow motion and constant stops to synchronize, and most drop the connection before it's even over. Is the netcode that bad, or have I overestimated my college internet?

Game is completely unplayable unless you stick to 3 or 4 bar connections.

When I played it, I would only stick to western europe.

Not many randoms online at all, you need to play people on a friend list.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Corbeau posted:

Zand is a grumpy old man.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Make sure you're using a wired connection if possible. The net code isn't great but a 3 or 4 bar connection should be playable.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Corbeau posted:

Nerds whine about every game while still playing them anyways. The current version owns and Attack on Cataclysm looks even better

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Gutcruncher posted:

Nerds whine about every game while still playing them anyways. The current version owns and Attack on Cataclysm looks even better

The current version is good, except that it's made for Japan and any localization requires you to download multiple patches thrown together by fan to get it to run. Having an english version with GGPO will be rad as hell and should be really fun to play. Just think of it as the SNK 3s.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Whatever I despise 3rd strike but the attack on cataclysm alpha is a blast to play. I took my laptop to my kof/vf playing buddies' place and had a grand ole time.

Edit: the characters feel alot more varied, and hanzo has some pretty fun mixups going on, and the two samurai chicks feel way different playstyle wise. I wont say its the most varied game ever but its definitely a step up from garou/3s imo.

polish sausage fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 23, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

most of the randoms online are asian, you'll have way more luck doing a lobby with a goon.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you're like me, and have accumulated a large collection of fight goons over time and can't remember who plays what, don't forget steam has a nifty tag and nickname system.

Makes poo poo hella easy to sift through and start punching.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Just a heads up, the special edition of Xrd in Japan comes with a pad for PS3/PS4. Looks to be Sanwa parts in it.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Just a heads up, the special edition of Xrd in Japan comes with a pad for PS3/PS4. Looks to be Sanwa parts in it.

It's definitely Sanwa Denshi. That's the 三和電子製 bit tacked onto the end of the last line of text there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

It's definitely Sanwa Denshi. That's the 三和電子製 bit tacked onto the end of the last line of text there.

How are they when they come to pads? I can't think for the life of me if I ever used one.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

How are they when they come to pads? I can't think for the life of me if I ever used one.

I'd imagine it's mostly the same construction as Madcatz Fightpads (which also use Sanwa Denshi parts). From what I hear about those, they're comfortable and responsive but tend to break a little too easy.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Has anyone seen a better equivalent of the Leo Bodnar lag tester anywhere? Problem with that one is it only outputs in either 720p or 1080p, I'd really like to be able to test both without having to buy two different devices.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Sarchasm posted:

I'd imagine it's mostly the same construction as Madcatz Fightpads (which also use Sanwa Denshi parts). From what I hear about those, they're comfortable and responsive but tend to break a little too easy.

the madcatz pad that I have is a complete piece of poo poo. it's a brawl pad if that makes any difference.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Pomp posted:

If you're like me, and have accumulated a large collection of fight goons over time and can't remember who plays what, don't forget steam has a nifty tag and nickname system.

Makes poo poo hella easy to sift through and start punching.

I really wish they'd just add a tab section so you could click and drag friends into them. This is close though. I will have to use this thank you.

E: TE2s this week maybe.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Has anyone seen a better equivalent of the Leo Bodnar lag tester anywhere? Problem with that one is it only outputs in either 720p or 1080p, I'd really like to be able to test both without having to buy two different devices.

Is there much demand for this? I'm working in building my own from a raspberry pi.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mantle posted:

Is there much demand for this? I'm working in building my own from a raspberry pi.

People are always testing new displays (especially TVs) and people are gonna still be playing fighters on PS3s for a while to come now, so there's probably at least a little demand. If you can make an equivalent device out of regular raspberry pi, that'd be pretty awesome.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Shen Woo is an anagram for He Ownso. Pick Shen and now the joys of big punches

Shen Woo is Doom Guy with berserk pack punches for supers.

Mantle posted:

Please share your findings once you're done so that I can make good use of my useless pi gathering dust.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

For those with the fortitude to stay awake that long, ArcRevo is streaming live this Saturday the 30th on Nico, starting at 3am EST: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv189803883

I haven't found a schedule as to when which game is being played yet though. Hopefully Xrd is last so I can actually watch it. :I

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
https://twitter.com/styleos/status/504005299733536768

Well, tarnation. Maximum Impact 3 is gonna be a thing.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 26, 2014

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Yessssss

I hope they keep the party mode thing where you get random bonuses/penalties every round.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Cs4L1JALY

Looks like a 2.5D Pokemon fighting game will be a thing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

canoshiz posted:

Finally, Wii U might get a new fighting game!

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So that's what happened to Tekken x Street Fighter.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Incoming YAOC stuff for White Dudley (Jet). He's been fun to mess around with in training mode. He's also been frustrating to mess around with in training mode. So many links. I haven't even messed with his Genei Jin either.

Chains
AC
BAC
2BBAC

Link City
2A,D
2C,2A
6C,2A
6C,A
2D,A
623C+D,A
623C+D,2A

Meterless
2BBxx623A,236Cxx214C 10161
6C,AC 12365
2Dxx623C,236C,214C 14027
3D,236B~C,623C 14620
2C,2Axx623C,236Cxx214C 15790
6C,2Axx623C,236Cxx214C 16218

Meter
2BBxx236A+B,236D~C,623C 12351
3D,236B~C,214A+C 15340
2A,Dxx236A+B,236D~C,214C (reset) 15734
2A,Dxx236A+B,236D~C,623C (knock-down) 15734
2C,2Axx236A+C,236D~C,623C (knock-down) 17819
6C,2Axx236A+C,236D~C,623C (knock-down) 18134

SUPER!
2BBACxx236236A 13874
2A,Dxx236B~Axx214Axx236236A 17536
2C,ACxx236236A 17653
3D,236B~C,236236A 18940
6C,ACxx236236A 19153
Dxx236B~Axx214Axx236236A 19338
2Cxx236B~Axx214Axx236236A 20683

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IgMeBpSUQ

I don't know what reminded me of this but I just wanted to share this old vid because it owns and is weird as gently caress, enjoy.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

ReVerve posted:

2Dxx623C,236C,214C 14027
2C,2Axx623C,236Cxx214C 15790
6C,2Axx623C,236Cxx214C 16218
I always had a feeling that SF4's DP shortcut was ruining my ability to play other games but this basically confirms it. I can't get 623C input fast enough in a manner that will register after a crouching attack more than about 5% of the time.
drat you, Capcom! :arghfist::saddowns:

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Klades posted:

I always had a feeling that SF4's DP shortcut was ruining my ability to play other games but this basically confirms it. I can't get 623C input fast enough in a manner that will register after a crouching attack more than about 5% of the time.

While I don't have problems with motions in the game, I have to say the links system feels weird and clunky, I dunno if it's just that they're tighter or what but the timing for post df.D juggles with Jet feel really strict and weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Trykt posted:

I don't know what reminded me of this but I just wanted to share this old vid because it owns and is weird as gently caress, enjoy.
Five Nights at Freddy's Street Fighter 2 Tournament.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Klades posted:

My only suggestion would be to use/practice the following input. Roll from 6 to 2, press the first button, roll to 3 and hit the last button.

632A3C

Hopefully that time you spent in SF4 will at least make hitting the links easier.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

canoshiz posted:

As long as I get to uppercut some fools with Breloom, I am okay with this.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I was browsing the local "craiglist" and scored a PS2 copy of the Alpha Trilogy. The same seller, however, had some bizarre oddity called Fighting Fury. I was curious if I should have gotten it, but uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdugj6F3YQ

It's called Grappler Baki in Japan, apparently. Anyone know what the hell is this thing aside being even more amateurish than that 3D Mugen thing Saltybet showcased once?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saoshyant posted:

I was browsing the local "craiglist" and scored a PS2 copy of the Alpha Trilogy. The same seller, however, had some bizarre oddity called Fighting Fury. I was curious if I should have gotten it, but uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdugj6F3YQ

It's called Grappler Baki in Japan, apparently. Anyone know what the hell is this thing aside being even more amateurish than that 3D Mugen thing Saltybet showcased once?

its just a cheap licensed fighting game based on a fightman manga with weird, gross art

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
baki is dope, dont believe what people say, the art is gooood

Trykt posted:

eh, the humour is lost on the subtitles though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Honest Thief posted:

baki is dope, dont believe what people say, the art is gooood

the art is good in the same way wrestling storylines are: it appeals to manchildren and actual children's definition of "cool"

• Locked thread