Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

canoshiz posted:

I'm pretty sure you're being trolled by the people who are agreeing with that statement

I dunno they made a convincing argument about sticking with KI. Their second game wasn't even a fighting game? Sounds kinda sketchy! Anyways its gonna be PS4 and that's another system I'm going to be waiting on for a price drop before I consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I unironically still enjoy the rap they did for SSF4 at Evo 2010

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1VDHY6PIo

inthesto fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 31, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

inthesto posted:

got a link?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Maybe the truth-- is somewhere in the middle??

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Al Borland posted:

I dunno they made a convincing argument about sticking with KI. Their second game wasn't even a fighting game? Sounds kinda sketchy! Anyways its gonna be PS4 and that's another system I'm going to be waiting on for a price drop before I consider it.

GGXrd is also coming out on PS3, if you have one of those.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al Borland posted:

I dunno they made a convincing argument about sticking with KI. Their second game wasn't even a fighting game? Sounds kinda sketchy!
gently caress you, trolls.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I will cut the next person who trolls Xrd with a giant fingernail clipper over and over again in the air.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's a good thing we get amazing western releases like Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct and Skullgirls and don't have to suffer through anime tripe like Xrd.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Xrd's just a ripoff of skullgirls anyway. I mean really, have you seen Elphelt?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ramlethal Valentine :crossarms:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Al Borland posted:

I have to say killer instinct looks pretty interesting was watching a bit of it last night. Did someone say that its basically what Guilty Gear Xrd is going to be? I thought someone said that, not sure though.

I'd say you're trolling but judging by your post history I can't give you that much credit.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

inthesto posted:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1VDHY6PIo

more like red crapper

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Yo joke, but Daisuke really likes Skullgirls (he's actually expressed this to Alex Ahad irl) and the new Potemkin design is pretty obviously an homage to Panzerfaust and Mike Z.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Make Potemkin a Cerebella clone and Xrd will be perfect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pomp posted:

Make Potemkin a Cerebella clone and Xrd will be perfect.
I don't want to see Potemkin's panties every time he does a suplex, actually.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

I don't want to see Potemkin's panties every time he does a suplex, actually.

I do.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna see his heavenly Potemkin Bustier

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

Yo joke, but Daisuke really likes Skullgirls (he's actually expressed this to Alex Ahad irl) and the new Potemkin design is pretty obviously an homage to Panzerfaust and Mike Z.
Didn't the Skullgirls dude say GG was crap or something?

Volty
Jul 25, 2013

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Didn't the Skullgirls dude say GG was crap or something?

No, Mike Z said Blazblue was crap. He loves the hell out of GG.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Volty posted:

What a dummy, Blazblue is like GG with all the lovely things removed.

Hopefully Xrd is more like Blazblue.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Please don't troll the fighting games thread, my poor heart can't take it

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Clever Spambot posted:

Blazblue has only one thing I'd love to be in Guilty Gear.

http://youtu.be/C2laO8MNaik?t=1m17s

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Trying out GGXX for the first time, let me tell you, Potemkin is no Tager

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Volty posted:

Mike Z has also poo poo on Xrd on the dustloop forums as well. That said after Skullgirls I don't trust dudes opinion on much anymore.

Potsticker posted:

Blazblue has only one thing I'd love to be in Guilty Gear.

http://youtu.be/C2laO8MNaik?t=1m17s

It is sorta in the game, if you do Sol's install then this starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkMojiKsAG8

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Mike Z has also poo poo on Xrd on the dustloop forums as well. That said after Skullgirls I don't trust dudes opinion on much anymore.

If that's true, that makes me a little sad. I still like Skullgirls, though.

Evil Canadian posted:

It is sorta in the game, if you do Sol's install then this starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkMojiKsAG8

Well, that is cool, I'm just not sure it's Bang Install cool.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Evil Canadian posted:

Out of curiosity, what would you like to see changed about SGE?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like it if the game didn't become more and more about resets the better you get at it.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Potsticker posted:

If that's true, that makes me a little sad. I still like Skullgirls, though.
For reference: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6375-xrd-news-theoretical-gameplay-discussion/page-314#entry812604

Broken Loose posted:

Oh, and Mike Z specifically doesn't like Potemkin's new design either. Dunno about the other L0 team members though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
mike z has weird opinions

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Broken Loose posted:

Out of curiosity, what would you like to see changed about SGE?

This far into its lifecycle it is clear its never going to be a game for me so I got no real opinion on the matter. Anyone who still digs Skullgirls though more power to them.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Evil Canadian posted:

This far into its lifecycle it is clear its never going to be a game for me so I got no real opinion on the matter. Anyone who still digs Skullgirls though more power to them.

No harm, dog. I actively understand people's dislike for the actual progression of fights (like what Pomp was saying) because it's a very divisive style of game. Not everybody was even into high-level MvC2 when they knew the truth about how it played, and to this day players still hate the "real" game while claiming to be totally all about that old-school Marvel (the Romneto vs. Maximillian match is a perfect example). SGE has reached its intended outcome of making a pretty decent balance between MSP Reset City and GGAC Damage Or Knockdown Game, but that particular outcome is a very specific flavor that's not universally appealing.

I ask what people would like to see changed in case they don't know that the game's way better than it used to be or in case they want something that's actually up for debate. It's not like I don't have Mike Z on a hotline and he doesn't humor reasonable suggestions. Right now, almost the whole cast is undergoing beta changes for the Beowulf patch, and the changes have mostly been "making them more fun to play" kind.

Obligatory "this is what the game's like right now" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Bkv6hgHQo

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I dont know Mike Z's opinions on Chronophantasma, but he has said that he liked Calamity Trigger and hated all the Continuum Shifts.

Im entirely convinced his opinion is based solely on how good Tager is, so maybe he digs CP!

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Al Borland posted:

I have to say killer instinct looks pretty interesting was watching a bit of it last night. Did someone say that its basically what Guilty Gear Xrd is going to be? I thought someone said that, not sure though.

gently caress off al borland you piece of crap

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ah, thanks for that.

Chev posted:

Oh, and Mike Z specifically doesn't like Potemkin's new design either. Dunno about the other L0 team members though.

I like Potemkin's old design a lot better too, still I would be over the moon if the one fighting game I made got referenced like that by someone who has made many, many more.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Who the gently caress quotes themselves in their forum signature?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ha. I didn't even notice that.

"Who reads forum signatures?" - Potsticker

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Broken Loose posted:

Not everybody was even into high-level MvC2 when they knew the truth about how it played, and to this day players still hate the "real" game while claiming to be totally all about that old-school Marvel (the Romneto vs. Maximillian match is a perfect example).

Yeah I think it is less that Maximillian 'hates' it and more that he isn't good at mvc2. I'm sure he would be having a ball if he could do those magneto combos.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

40 OZ posted:

Yeah I think it is less that Maximillian 'hates' it and more that he isn't good at mvc2. I'm sure he would be having a ball if he could do those magneto combos.

But they weren't fancy combos. They were resets into Tron damage glitch, and Romneto was just doing magic series into those.

It's pretty apparent from his other videos that he thinks MvC2 was about infinites and not about resets (and doesn't know poo poo about gently caress). I know it's a popular thing to disagree with me, but in this case it would require you to claim that Maximillian isn't stupid or full of poo poo. This is the same guy who talked mess about how he was hot poo poo and would totally play at SGL daily for the entire life of MvC2 and 3S, even though nobody who was actually there ever saw him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Yo i hate maximillian more than anyone. You made it sound like he had a well-thought objection (by talking about "divisive gameplay" and other context) to the game's mechanics, which I disagreed with.

If this post makes me popular, then so be it.

quote:

But they weren't fancy combos.

he can't do it, though m8. if he could, he would not be crying in that clip.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 1, 2014

• Locked thread