Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
To be fair I can also zoom in on Jann Lee's banana hammock and one of his winposes looks like its from my own POV and Jann Lee is angrilly jerking me off.

Not that I would or anything, geeze! :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222420/

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION is out in 2 weeks.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

can't wait to play this with the worst netcode possible

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Does 98 have the cool black boxer guy with the mohawk? If so, I am down.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i read 98um nerfed ralf by nerfing his two buttons

sounds like some suspicious poo poo to me....

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Heavy D is indeed in KoF98. If I recall correctly, the only games that include him and his team are KoF94 and 98 (possibly 02UM and Neowave too). It's too bad because they had some fun designs, and watching Brian play in KoF98 is amusing as hell.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Heavy D is best. gently caress Dudley.

Jmcrofts posted:

Pretty sure this was already confirmed.

Well, poo poo, when did the world get better?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

uncleKitchener posted:

Heavy D is best. gently caress Dudley.

Well, poo poo, when did the world get better?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tekken-7-Coming-PC-With-Return-Jun-Kazama-66416.html

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Oh hey, the newest PS4 updates broke the 8 minutes of compatibility that the PS360+ boards had. Now they're not recognized at all.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Is '98 good?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

It and 02 are considered the best KOFs. 13 is really good too. Also this is really good timing, didn't know this was coming as was gonna pick up a Dreamcast copy on Friday.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Is this real? Virtua Fighter vs. Dead or Alive Trailer(2016) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLYrWW3tdU I can't seem to find anything on it yet.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 27, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo Helbeast posted:

Is this real? Virtua Fighter vs. Dead or Alive Trailer(2016) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prLYrWW3tdU I can't seem to find anything on it yet.

Are the only crossover fights with the VF fighters already in DOA5? Then probably not real

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

No way it's real.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So is KI essentially dead? I picked up season 2 on a whim for TJ Combo and it's just barren.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one is playing a new game from a terrible fighting game series on a console you have to buy a stick to play it for besides early adopters.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

No one is playing a new game from a terrible fighting game series on a console you have to buy a stick to play it for besides early adopters.

Well poo poo.

Oh well, it was 20 bucks. Something to use my TE-2 on before I mod all that xbone poo poo out of it.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

98 is the best kof

anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot babby

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Commissar Ken posted:

It and 02 are considered the best KOFs. 13 is really good too. Also this is really good timing, didn't know this was coming as was gonna pick up a Dreamcast copy on Friday.

I guess a lot of people really like 2000 as well, I never liked the Striker/Assist system in 2000 but some people do. It's like the only game besides Garou people seem to be playing on Fightcade for some reason, but I bet the others will pick up once the inevitable collapse of Supercade happens.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Neo Helbeast posted:

does the youtube description include a statement that Sega and Tecmo didn't actually announce this? If it does, it's totally legit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://store.madcatz.com/categories/Holiday-Bundles/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-KE-for-PlayStation3-Buy-1-Get-1-FREE.html

the Fightstick KE for PS3 is buy one get one free for 129 bucks right now

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
now if only they would release the te2 for ps4 like they said they would by the end of november

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
did the ps4 release of ultra sfiv ever come out

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Nope.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Capcom is going to be at the Playstation Experience event, they showed Ono in the trailer at :46 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0rt83T2X44

So who knows, maybe there'll be an announcement then? It'd be nice to not have to use my 360 anymore to play online.

We're still waiting to hear what the gently caress this was about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPwP5BKEt94

also that the USFIV TE2 works for PS4 and PS3. So hopefully it's coming.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ono still has that new fighting game he mentioned at Evo, so hopefully that gets brought up.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
There's a lot of reviews about the Steam version of Ultra having terrible netcode. How reliable are those? Is it worth getting or should I rather grab it on 360?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Radio Paranoia posted:

There's a lot of reviews about the Steam version of Ultra having terrible netcode. How reliable are those? Is it worth getting or should I rather grab it on 360?

Endless lobbies are better than console, but ranked is broken and I'm not sure it will ever be fixed.

Take your pick, I guess.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If you're willing to pay for or already do pay for Xbox Live its by far the better choice. More and better players and PC ranked can either be fine or completely horrible based on the alignment of the planets.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Capcom is going to be at the Playstation Experience event, they showed Ono in the trailer at :46 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0rt83T2X44

So who knows, maybe there'll be an announcement then? It'd be nice to not have to use my 360 anymore to play online.
Yeah my money is on USF4 for PS4 announcement. And something Deep Down related.
Though I'm still going to be disappointed if he doesn't announce a new fighting game. I just want to see UMvC3 replaced. Please.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Radio Paranoia posted:

All versions of SF4 have delay-based netcode, I don't think the platform makes a difference.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Fightcade lets you view and run all historical replays of any registered player.

http://www.fightcade.com/replay/

Try typing your own name in and it will let you replay every game you've played (if any).

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
i keep having problems with fightcade where the emu just closes randomly. is this a common issue anyone has a quick fix for?

mountainmanjed
Apr 2, 2013

Zand posted:

i keep having problems with fightcade where the emu just closes randomly. is this a common issue anyone has a quick fix for?

If a player closes their emulator, your's closes as well. No more buzz after you make someone rage quit.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

All versions of SF4 have delay-based netcode, I don't think the platform makes a difference.
It absolutely shouldn't. But in this case it does! Thank you Capcom!

What happened is from switching from GFWL to Steam they had to reimplement something that was previously completely automatically handled by GFWL (and XBL and PSN, which is why console people would only have a foggy idea of how it should be done) and basically did it spectacularly wrong, which IIRC pretty much breaks anything but endless lobbies. Basically the game is sending tons of useless data so it makes the connection crappy and you need higher delays to stay smooth.

Chev fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 29, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Zand posted:

It's very crash prone and only likes very specific roms.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chev posted:

What happened is from switching from GFWL to Steam they had to reimplement something that was previously completely automatically handled by GFWL (and XBL and PSN, which is why console people would only have a foggy idea of how it should be done) and basically did it spectacularly wrong, which IIRC pretty much breaks anything but endless lobbies. Basically the game is sending tons of useless data so it makes the connection crappy and you need higher delays to stay smooth.

I heard them recognizing this was an issue and that they would patch it. Are they waiting to drop it along the Omega mode patch or what, is what I'm wondering.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Anyone waiting for one of their USFIV TE2 sticks to go out for shipping is probably going to wait longer. The sticks are in the Long Beach port but are staying there until the union strike at the port and the holiday congestion.

Markman posted:

there is currently crazy congestion at the port of Long Beach where we receive our shipments and because of this, incoming shipments and customs have been further delayed because of the Holidays. I do NOT have an exact date but I do know we should have it dock/ready to ship next week for the Ultra SF4 products.

I hope the union issue at the port gets resolved so we don't have any future delays but if it continues, expect the same to happen to GGXrd and P4U2 versions. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they arrive on time though!

Also, the rep from Akishop (who makes the PS360+) insinuated that they are working on something to make the board more compatible with the PS4. My guess is a bluetooth module or something along those lines. Expect it to come out never.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 30, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
There's a bar near me that's doing a women's "all skill levels" Soul Calibur IV tournament in a few days and while my girlfriend hasn't played SC in years, she's generally good at video games.

Are there any good guides to help a beginner not get totally whomped? I read the info on the before I play wiki and it said there's a guide for Astaroth that's supposed to be good. Anyone know where it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I heard them recognizing this was an issue and that they would patch it. Are they waiting to drop it along the Omega mode patch or what, is what I'm wondering.
They patched it, but they didn't fix it. I hope the Omega/new balance patch includes a solution.

• Locked thread