Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

uncleKitchener posted:

The VF5FS season 4 was streamed a few days ago.

Looks like they're really going all out with the customization system in this one, like Tekken 6 levels of ridiculous.

I thought they already surpassed tekken 6 with the custom intros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
How long does it take to get used to a fightstick? I'm considering getting one (because pretty much all I play these days are fighting games), but my execution is already pretty drat iffy and I don't know how long it'll take to get up to par with them.

Also, there's the issue that I only have a PS3, most tournaments use Xbox, and the only options for dual-mods are that Eightarc stick that's perpetually sold out, fiddling with the circuitry on a MadCatz, or making my own.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Most tournaments run on PS3, actually. Just get one -- it will take a while to adjust to movement, but you will have more fun and get better in the long run.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Brosnan posted:

Most tournaments run on PS3, actually.

Definitely most major tournaments, but when I went to Michigan Masters (the biggest tourney in my state), it was entirely on 360s. It really just depends on what the people running it bring.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Groghammer posted:

How long does it take to get used to a fightstick? I'm considering getting one (because pretty much all I play these days are fighting games), but my execution is already pretty drat iffy and I don't know how long it'll take to get up to par with them.

Also, there's the issue that I only have a PS3, most tournaments use Xbox, and the only options for dual-mods are that Eightarc stick that's perpetually sold out, fiddling with the circuitry on a MadCatz, or making my own.

the TE kitty is very easy to install in a 360 TE, but you could always grab a ps2 controller and xtokki adapter if you are used to the ps3 controller and just wanted to stick to that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Groghammer posted:

In addition to the ease of installing a TE KItty, there are the Qanba sticks (sister company to eightarc) and I believe focusattack has them in stock right now.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Brosnan posted:

Most tournaments run on PS3, actually. Just get one -- it will take a while to adjust to movement, but you will have more fun and get better in the long run.

Looking at the tournament I'll probably enter in May, I realize that all of the fighting games are played on PS3, so you're right.

The Qanba sticks are sold out, but since I don't need to buy a two-system stick I might go with either a TE (so I can win pogs tournaments) or an Eightarc PS3 Ebony.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Played KOF some last night. I like it but it plays very weird if both people don't know how to execute solid rushdown (which you won't know how to do without playing a lot or watching some vids etc.) It seems like a really good game but I'm guessing no one is going to play it :/

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Groghammer posted:

If you've been using pad to play fighting games for a long time, it will take you a few weeks to maybe a month to get used to it, assuming you're playing somewhat often. Some people take more, some take less.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
How quick would you transition from a keyboard? :sweatdrop:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Depends on how far back hitboxes are backordered.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

AXE COP posted:

Same speed. With both of them you're essentially starting from scratch.

hrpff
Jun 19, 2004
undercooked Wendy's burgers or something
Some black friday deals some people might be interested in: MvC2 will be $4 on xbox live and the WWE Brawl stick will be $50 on amazon.

Since I got my stick a year ago I've been looking for a fighting game that's fun and doesn't have lovely online but mvc2 seems pretty daunting to jump into and I don't think anyone's playing it anymore anyway.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
The UI for P4 is up on srk

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/23/details-on-persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arenas-user-interface-revealed/

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
That article isn't very good and also I'm pretty sure that bar underneath the combo meter is hitstun duration.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."

AXE COP posted:

Depends if you use your left hand for directions and your right for button presses on keyboard. It really isn't too bad, you gotta learn the motions on your left hand but everything on the right will still be automatic.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Robolizard! posted:

I thought they already surpassed tekken 6 with the custom intros

I just love the goofy animations they put into these intros. It's about time they stopped being too serious.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AXE COP posted:

You can play fighting games on xbox/ps3 with a keyboard, with the right adapter. I know i've seen at least one pic of a guy with a little happy hacking keyboard do it

edit: heres a terrible video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qDVvNEemw

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 24, 2011

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Oh hey, it's this guy who screams the loudest in parties but gets the least attention.

Robolizard! posted:

You can play fighting games on xbox/ps3 with a keyboard, with the right adapter. I know i've seen at least one pic of a guy with a little happy hacking keyboard do it

edit: heres a terrible video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qDVvNEemw

That is some gangsta rear end poo poo right there.

Are Hakan and Juri in the steam version of SSFIV? I actually want to try and play with the keyboard.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

uncleKitchener posted:

Oh hey, it's this guy who screams the loudest in parties but gets the least attention.

That is some gangsta rear end poo poo right there.

Are Hakan and Juri in the steam version of SSFIV? I actually want to try and play with the keyboard.

Yes they are. loving Hakan always makes me feel violated when I lose to him :gonk:

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

redmercer posted:

Yes they are. loving Hakan always makes me feel violated when I lose to him :gonk:

It's hard being a business man with genetic defects. He is a true Turkish Pehlivan :turkey:

Capcom should get Erse Yagan (voice actor for Bald Bull for Punch Out Wii) to voice him. That would be perfect.

edit: loving juri gets a huge wiki page while Hakan gets no love :(

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 24, 2011

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

uncleKitchener posted:

edit: loving juri gets a huge wiki page while Hakan gets no love :(

Yeah, like people would bother making a page for a character without boobs. Geeze you dont understand ANYTHING

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Gutcruncher posted:

Yeah, like people would bother making a page for a character without boobs. Geeze you dont understand ANYTHING

I just wish one of the defeat quotes for one of the female characters vs. C. Viper would go something like "Oh crap, what did they do to you? Here's the number for a good lawyer, and this guy specializes in reconstructive..."

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Gutcruncher posted:

I'm pretty sure Chawklit had a wiki page at one point. They probably moved it to one of the many street fighter wikis out there.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

So do Personas not regenerate anymore? If so, that seems like a pretty strange decision when they stay out so long, although I think they might have just misunderstood the Dualshockers article. Also, I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about blue life.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Skullgirls just revealed the new character Valentine: http://skullgirls.com/characters/valentine/

No video or anything yet but she looks like she could be interesting I guess?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
She's supposed to be like a midboss character but I wonder if she's gonna be playable? She works for Bloody Marie who is The Skullgirl the bios keep talking about.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I can't imagine doing the sprites for a 2D fighter and only letting the CPU use that character.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The only character left to reveal is Umbrella now, and we still haven't seen any gameplay of Painwheel. What's the release date on this game again?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Sade posted:

The only character left to reveal is Umbrella now, and we still haven't seen any gameplay of Painwheel. What's the release date on this game again?

Q1 2012 for consoles with PC soon after.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Sade posted:

There is gameplay for painwheel here: http://www.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/

I haven't watched it all, but she has focus attack-like normals which can be "charged" and absorb hits, and then the hits taken are added to the damage of the normal.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
So Squigly and Umbrella are going to be post-release dlc. I guess they really want to get this game out in January.

Also Valentine and Marie are going to be playable, so that makes 8 chars for release.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

AXE COP posted:

Skullgirls just revealed the new character Valentine: http://skullgirls.com/characters/valentine/

They also showed some sprites here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-skullgirls-reverge-labs-unveils-valentine

Also Ravid said she'd totally play like a ninja and has an Izuna Drop.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
So apparently they are releasing/already released a new update for that Aquapazza game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rhPrFvIPyE

Actual trailer http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1322190177

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Amazon has those WWE Brawlsticks for 50bux, in case anyone here doesn't have a stick or wants another one to mod or whatever.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Buhbuhj posted:

Also Valentine and Marie are going to be playable, so that makes 8 chars for release.

Now with Valentine obviously not it would appear now, but I thought they were supposed to be non-playable boss characters?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I can't remember which of the staff said it, but basically they said they didn't see a point of including a character in the game if you couldn't play as them. So the bosses are going to have playable forms.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

Now with Valentine obviously not it would appear now, but I thought they were supposed to be non-playable boss characters?

Seriously with the amount of resources making a boss cost, they should be playable. They can only make 8 characters in like the course of like, a year. Do you realy think they can afford to make 2 characters and not use them as a selling point?

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

AXE COP posted:

Why do all the characters except for peacock look like the same basic design with a few different elements? It kind of looks like they just traced the same one several times and added stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's the first time I've seen a criticism that the characters in Skullgirls are too similar.

• Locked thread