Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
The brawl stick is okay, but be prepared to swap the joystick in there for one that will actually let you hit the diagonals consistently.

Also if you just keep an eye on the SRK buy sell thread you can possibly catch a deal. The Hori V3/VX are also decent, but are a pain for modding because the buttons are soldered. The Qanaba Q1 is pretty cheap, especially if you catch a coupon code from an event.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I installed a bunch of new components for my computer recently (motherboard, cpu, ssd) and I'm having trouble getting my stick to work. It's an eightarc, never had any issues working on PC before and my other controllers seem to work fine. When I plugged it in it installed fine and the devices menu lists "Qanba Joystick Plus" so I know it's picking up on it, but nothing actually works either in-game or on the windows controller test screen. Any ideas?

e: nevermind, I had it plugged into a USB 3.0 port like a dumbass

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 24, 2015

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011
Enjoyed Aris just not wanting to deal with tom brady, and ultra david faimily time in the fun house in Chicago but holy moley; The F-Word and Logan-sama handling of Stunfest in France was just amazing.

edit: ref brawl stick yeah you at least want some sanwa buttons in there although in the short term you *might* benefit from a janky stick. It's also small and portable but slips off your lap.

impulse 7 effect fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 24, 2015

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

brian posted:

cool I guess? I've never got this whole petty rivarly nonsense to be honest

There's no rivalry if the person is not a games player and is a racist prick, but I do like Edinburgh. Why can't more games happen there?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dengeki Bunko's getting a sequel.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

I think they're mistaken, this isn't a full sequel so much as an update for the already existing game. It's been announced before that way only we only had a nebulous idea who the new character was going to be.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I've used my brawlstick for two years. The buttons worked fine but broke after two or three months. Also changed the stick, noticed no difference in accuracy though. The size of it is awesome and is really comfortable to use, but I find uncomfortable to use other people's full size stick.

I also took the art off, left it blank metal and put a ps360+ in it, so I guess it's not even a brawlstick anymore.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 26, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If I was gonna mod a brawl stick, I'd just take turn the wrestlers into pillar men tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Faffel posted:

I've used my brawlstick for two years. The buttons worked fine but broke after two or three months. Also changed the stick, noticed no difference in accuracy though. The size of it is awesome and is really comfortable to use, but I find uncomfortable to use other people's full size stick.

I also took the art off, left it blank metal and put a ps360+ in it, so I guess it's not even a brawlstick anymore.

I did the same thing. Replaced the stick, buttons, and put in a PS360+ and a JLF link, so it's a perfect stick to toss into my backpack.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You should definitely notice a difference between the stock brawl stick and a jlf. If you don't then maybe you installed it wrong?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

dragon enthusiast posted:

You should definitely notice a difference between the stock brawl stick and a jlf. If you don't then maybe you installed it wrong?

I had just learned how to play fighting games and I neither gained nor lost input accuracy with it. Also it's impossible to install wrong I think?

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

uncleKitchener posted:

There's no rivalry if the person is not a games player and is a racist prick, but I do like Edinburgh. Why can't more games happen there?

When on earth was he racist? Asked people who have been around here from the start and no one has any idea what you're talking about.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Faffel posted:

I had just learned how to play fighting games and I neither gained nor lost input accuracy with it. Also it's impossible to install wrong I think?

You can overtighten the screw, also at least for the stick I had the hole for the lever wasn't large enough so I had to take out the dust cover.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

dragon enthusiast posted:

I think the brawl sticks actually use legit Omron microswitches, similar to the ones that comes with a real Sanwa JLF. It was the older SE sticks that used all bootleg parts. The balltop, shaft, gate, spring and everything else on the brawl stick is still a Chinese knockoff JLF but those parts don't really matter as much.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Was there ever any more news on that piece of ps360 kit to fix the time out?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pomp posted:

Was there ever any more news on that piece of ps360 kit to fix the time out?

If there was, it'd be posted in this thread by "TheRealNeoGeo"

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/15830/akihabarashop-jp-is-now-open/p1

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If you were planning to pick up USFIV for PS4 you might wanna wait a little, early reports are saying it has absolutely monstrous input lag even offline.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AnonSpore posted:

If you were planning to pick up USFIV for PS4 you might wanna wait a little, early reports are saying it has absolutely monstrous input lag even offline.

"we fixed the one frame of input lag" - capcom lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

"we fixed the one frame of input lag" - capcom lol

They did, now there are six of them, as intended.

Dias fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 27, 2015

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Everything's coming up anime

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Dias posted:

They did, now there are six of them, as intended.

that's the power of next-gen systems

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
so now that it's out (or just assuming it's the same as the console version) how bad is +R's netcode

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

so now that it's out (or just assuming it's the same as the console version) how bad is +R's netcode

Early reports say it's maybe a little bit worse. People tried playing a few matches on PSN and then hopped to the PC version and said it felt a little jankier. Also there's a bunch of people saying that it's throwing all sorts of glitches and bugs out right now.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

AnonSpore posted:

Apparently the one good thing in it is that Dudely now makes the sound of a car being punched when he lands punches on people now.

Smug will be pleased.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Why is there an Ishiwatari/Nakata option for Sol's voice, but nothing for Chipp?! I'm onto your game, Arcsys!! :argh:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t37aduSSFNc

almost as bad as high voltage.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 27, 2015

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RIWOyEUY0

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've only played a few matches and I haven't played the console version to compare (the only GG I've played online is Xrd) but it's pretty bad. All my opponents were green bar and the lag was about where a 0 bar would be for Xrd, and that's not accounting for AC's tighter input windows.

e: Also there's loving nobody online holy poo poo

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 27, 2015

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Someone forgot to solder the jumpers correctly on their cps2 board

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

its so glorious.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I played a few matches online in AC+R Steam and it felt fine to me. Some had more or less delay than others but it was consistent and smooth throughout, no jankiness

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I played 3 matches and the connections seemed accurate to what they were telling me they were, all in all it seems decent enough for a day 1 ordeal

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So Teyah is doing testing on the PC ver, and apparently it's got a substantial native input delay, equivalent to #R offline at Delay 4 setting. drat.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So Teyah is doing testing on the PC ver, and apparently it's got a substantial native input delay, equivalent to #R offline at Delay 4 setting. drat.

on what? on his pc or on many pcs and with what input devices?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dunno, I just report. I asked and we'll see where that gets. We'll find out one way or another as people get their hands on it and do testing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Thank god I thought I was going insane

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
There does seem to be a bit more input delay for sure. Had a bit of issues with FRCs in training mode that I normally hit fine on PS3.

One thing I haven't tried is Aero when its running like I did with #R and seeing if that helps, or playing in full screen mode.

I tried about 10 matches total, 7 with Jordo, and it seems playable at 3 bars but not as good as on PS3.

That's my impression, otherwise seems to be what you'd expect out of a console port for it.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Apparantly in PS4 USF4, Vanilla Sagat is the default Sagat. You have to use edition select to use Ultra Sagat.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bosushi! posted:

Apparantly in PS4 USF4, Vanilla Sagat is the default Sagat. You have to use edition select to use Ultra Sagat.
No loving way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Bosushi! posted:

Working as intended.

• Locked thread