Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

are te2s really worth more than market price right now?

The Ultimax and Xrd ones are, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

An hour and a half later no more persona TE2. Seller emailed me saying despite him listing one he was sold out. Luckily Amazon restocked and I got a vanilla one off warehouse deals for 50 dollars less. Amazon does have them in though so any goons needing PS4 sticks have at it.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

TheManSeries posted:

An hour and a half later no more persona TE2. Seller emailed me saying despite him listing one he was sold out. Luckily Amazon restocked and I got a vanilla one off warehouse deals for 50 dollars less. Amazon does have them in though so any goons needing PS4 sticks have at it.

Link? Don't see it

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UHE4DHU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Anybody in Central FL looking for a place to play?

khorma
Jun 23, 2011
I dunno if you were at CEO but my Orlando friends and other Orlando people I knew were all saying the scene is "there" but no one hosts collectively any more besides on wednesday at chewy boba's (for sf4 players) so good luck! post in the facebook group.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
If for whatever reason you are planning on getting DOA5 for the PC be aware that wave dashing is macro programmable for online matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxa8jaf2354

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Neo Helbeast posted:

If for whatever reason you are planning on getting DOA5 for the PC be aware that wave dashing is macro programmable for online matches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxa8jaf2354

how is the netcode on pc?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Complete scrub here looking for some advice on PC fightpads. I dug around a bit, and it looks like my three viable options are:

1) The PDP Versus controller. Pro: Cheap as gently caress. Con: Apparently guaranteed to break sooner or later.

2) Play the Ebay game and try to score a SF or WWE fightpad for a reasonable price. Pro: Nice middle of the road option. Con: Dealing with Ebay. :effort: Right now there's a seller on Ebay offloading a bunch of WWE fightpads for $25. Y/N?

3) Just say gently caress it and get the Hori Fighting Commander 4. Pro: Rave reviews. Con: Not outside my budget but a bit pricey for my entry level/casual fightmans.

Thoughts?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how is the netcode on pc?

Almost 100% identical to PS4/XB1 performance, it feels pretty good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Complete scrub here looking for some advice on PC fightpads. I dug around a bit, and it looks like my three viable options are:
Thoughts?

get the hori FC4.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Almost 100% identical to PS4/XB1 performance, it feels pretty good.

color me shocked

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Agoat posted:

Anybody in Central FL looking for a place to play?

As khorma said, casuals in Orlando don't really happen anymore, and even trying to find a group will be kind of a pain in the rear end for the next 3 weeks what with Evo on the horizon. I know Sorethumbs is hosting an Evo party in Tampa, and there might be something happening in Daytona? Check the OFGC and CEO Facebook groups (but do so at your own risk for the former, because they were mostly a ton of shitheads and stream monsters last I knew).

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 3, 2015

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Broken Loose posted:

I know Sorethumbs is hosting an Evo part in Tampa,

Oh don't tell me that, I'm moving from Tampa to Orlando in 2 weeks.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neo Helbeast posted:

Oh don't tell me that, I'm moving from Tampa to Orlando in 2 weeks.

Party. Not part. gently caress.

Whatever; it's like an hour drive. And there'll be parties here, too.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Does he end it with a Ryuuenjin

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Broken Loose posted:

As khorma said, casuals in Orlando don't really happen anymore, and even trying to find a group will be kind of a pain in the rear end for the next 3 weeks what with Evo on the horizon. I know Sorethumbs is hosting an Evo party in Tampa, and there might be something happening in Daytona? Check the OFGC and CEO Facebook groups (but do so at your own risk for the former, because they were mostly a ton of shitheads and stream monsters last I knew).

I mean, I have a local venue to play I play at and would like to invite you guys to come out.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

1) The PDP Versus controller. Pro: Cheap as gently caress. Con: Apparently guaranteed to break sooner or later.

2) Play the Ebay game and try to score a SF or WWE fightpad for a reasonable price. Pro: Nice middle of the road option. Con: Dealing with Ebay. :effort: Right now there's a seller on Ebay offloading a bunch of WWE fightpads for $25. Y/N?

3) Just say gently caress it and get the Hori Fighting Commander 4. Pro: Rave reviews. Con: Not outside my budget but a bit pricey for my entry level/casual fightmans.

Thoughts?

You also have the option of picking up a PSX or PS2 pad and one of those xbox360 convertors (there are cheap ones that don't require a 360 pad plugged in). This way you've got something that you can still use whenever and is super portable.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

impulse 7 effect posted:

You also have the option of picking up a PSX or PS2 pad and one of those xbox360 convertors (there are cheap ones that don't require a 360 pad plugged in). This way you've got something that you can still use whenever and is super portable.

I just went ahead and splurged a bit on the FC4. At a quick look, it seems like it'd be about the same price to grab a PS2 pad and a converter anyway.

Cool to know there's better alternatives out there now than the slightly dodgy PS2-USB hookup I bought way back in my Stepmania days, though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://twitter.com/kamoihito/status/617038919868116992

Pretty hype for Nitro.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

a 26 second combo

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Zand posted:

a 26 second combo

With what looks like around ten discrete inputs.

Oh, anime.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Hey fighting fans, I am about to move apartments soon and I'm thinking about selling my stick, but I'm not sure how much to list it for. I bought it to play SFIV a year or so but only accumulated a few hours of play on it before I ended up sticking it in my closet. It's a "Mad Catz MLG Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition" for the 360, in great condition. What are those going for these days?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

dhamster posted:

Hey fighting fans, I am about to move apartments soon and I'm thinking about selling my stick, but I'm not sure how much to list it for. I bought it to play SFIV a year or so but only accumulated a few hours of play on it before I ended up sticking it in my closet. It's a "Mad Catz MLG Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition" for the 360, in great condition. What are those going for these days?

eBay has an option to search for ended or sold auctions. Search for your stick using that and set your auction at a matching price.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I don't know if you can even call it a fighting game, but what are people thoughts on Rise of Incarnates?
As a filthy piece of crap who bought Blazblue CPex the day it came out, I love it. Meaning its probably horrible.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dhamster posted:

Used? prolly about 80-100 bucks at best. maybe more since its a 360 and more in demand

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Mad Catz is looking to Rock Band 4 to help it stabilize a financial situation that could have seen a bank calling in a $20 million loan, closing down the company.

One of the longest-tenured makers of gamepads, arcade sticks and other accessories, Mad Catz had to notify investors that its dependence on sales from Rock Band 4, which it is co-publishing with Harmonix, "raise substantial doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern."

A Mad Catz executive, in comments to Game Informer, said the company was required by securities law to make the notification and could not alter its language, adding that the reality of the situation is less dire.

Still, Mad Catz has posted operating losses going back to 2011 and last month, it failed to make enough money under its credit agreement with Wells Fargo. That could have resulted in the bank calling in the loan, but the two sides renegotiated a new deal, providing Mad Catz with $35 million, which it needs to ship Rock Band 4.

Headquartered in San Diego, Mad Catz has made video gaming peripherals since 1989. Mad Catz was already developing new controllers for Rock Band 4 when both it and Harmonix announced their co-publishing agreement back in April.

Preorders for the game began in mid-June (not in time, Mad Catz said, to help it avoid the credit agreement problem). The game and a new guitar will retail for $129.99; the game and a full band kit (guitar, drums and microphone) is $249.99.

Rock Band 4 will come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year, and it will be compatible with old instruments used with those consoles' predecessors. For more, see Polygon's hands-on previews of the game from E3 2015.

are they really expecting a new rock band to sell that well

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
This is coming along nicely...

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 5, 2015

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

If madcatz dies a horrible death maybe stick prices will go down and somebody who knows what they're doing will step into the inevitable power vacuum

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mango gay touchies posted:

If madcatz dies a horrible death maybe stick prices will go down and somebody who knows what they're doing will step into the inevitable power vacuum

People will just buy hori sticks, and maybe swap in sanwa parts.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I'd be okay with that

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Speaking of blazblue, cp extend is out in the US right, did that make the game better or worse because I heard generally a lot of people were unhappy with the changes

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Each gamestop only got 2 copies of the ps4 version each, so I think it was purposely downplayed by arksys.
A $50 price tag also tends to make people think "What a poo poo game, its not going for 60!" in america. So it generally got marketing hosed.

A solid game nonetheless. I think i liked vanilla CP more but its still great.
Some changes baffle me though, like Tagers B buster sending people across the screen instead of nearby him for oki or gadget. It makes him way scarier in the corner but lowers the value of the move elsewhere.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The Gorp posted:

A $50 price tag also tends to make people think "What a poo poo game, its not going for 60!" in america. So it generally got marketing hosed.

Considering nowadays a lot of people try and pick up AAA titles for 20 bucks on a steam sale I don't know if that's really a consideration to anyone anymore, console or no.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I remember a reason my friend didn't get Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy was because it was 30$ new and must be terrible as a result.
Blazblue is in a similar boat of no advertisements whatsoever and released at less than AAA standard pricing, I think it would factor in.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Your friend is an idiot. Sever.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

The Gorp posted:

I don't know if you can even call it a fighting game, but what are people thoughts on Rise of Incarnates?
As a filthy piece of crap who bought Blazblue CPex the day it came out, I love it. Meaning its probably horrible.

it's fine as an f2p gundam clone

you would probably be better off playing gundam though

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Due to recent posts ill plug it again like this,
Play Rise of Incarnates on steam, it has the same control layout as Anarchy reigns but the community hasn't died yet.

Also where can I get these gundam games.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

The Gorp posted:

I remember a reason my friend didn't get Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy was because it was 30$ new and must be terrible as a result.
Blazblue is in a similar boat of no advertisements whatsoever and released at less than AAA standard pricing, I think it would factor in.

I own Anarchy Reigns and I don't have the console to play it. I just look at the box and know that it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Due to recent posts ill plug it again like this,
Play Rise of Incarnates on steam, it has the same control layout as Anarchy reigns but the community hasn't died yet.

Also where can I get these gundam games.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BLJS-50043

Bamdai is likely to announce a port of Maxi Boost soon so you'll be a version behind but that's kind of a given with Japan and ports of arcade games.

• Locked thread