Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do whatever you can to hit 60 or the game is straight up unplayable past button mashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
There's not even any point practicing on sub-60 fps, brother. Sorry to say.

That said, old games are better anyways. If you have 3rd strike available, you should try that. It's A Good Game. (pls don't start this derail)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sade posted:

There's not even any point practicing on sub-60 fps, brother. Sorry to say.

That said, old games are better anyways. If you have 3rd strike available, you should try that. It's A Good Game. (pls don't start this derail)

its a bad game, and im not sorry

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

anime was right posted:

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

just play melty blood like a real big dick G

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Right now this thread is like every programming discussion ever:

Someone comes in asking a basic question. Most people answer the question. One guy completely overthinks it and extrapolates way too much. Then someone chimes in and asks what language you're using. At that point, everything derails into "C++ IS BETTER gently caress YOU" and "NO PYTHON IS BETTER SUCK IT." Then the original guy asking the question fucks off and disappears while everyone is fighting over their language of choice.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Yeah Python is better. Code in Sublime on a Hitbox.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mattavist posted:

Yeah Python is better. Code in Sublime on a Hitbox.

Up Up Down Down QCB Roundhouse Select xx cr.MP is how I print strings.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the daigo calculator stick but it's a keyboard instead

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want to play sfV when it comes out on ps4 but the default DS4 controller sucks, can't do halfcircles great on the pad and the stick is just too imprecise for dragonpunches and poo poo. would one of those madcatz controllers be best? I've never played with a joystick fightpad before.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

The ds4 is actually pretty good imo but if you're looking for a pad I personally recommend this

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah dat one's good

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Pros: cheap, high quality, highly customizable, good parts

Cons: not a stick (this is a pro for some people)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I keep hearing that the PDP pad is built cheap and breaks super easy, which sucks because it uses a clickystick and that is the best thing ever besides an arcade stick.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I really wish someone made a good quality pad with replaceable microswitches for the D-Pad and buttons. Replacing pads because the D-pad wore out is not fun and also really god drat expensive.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Please look forward to my kickstarter for a pad with exploding dpad and buttons when you lightly brush the underside

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

anime was right posted:

SHOTS FIRED.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Gutcruncher posted:

I keep hearing that the PDP pad is built cheap and breaks super easy, which sucks because it uses a clickystick and that is the best thing ever besides an arcade stick.

I loved this thing for super casual marvel. I also broke this thing during super casual marvel.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I made the mistake of buying one of those PDP MKX pads and that was 50 bucks down the drain. It lasted all of 3 days of moderate KI play before just making GBS threads the bed and causing multiple button presses of the same button of a single press. Those madcatz pads look pretty sweet but that Hori pad is probably the best thing on the market right now.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Gutcruncher posted:

It'd be cool if it was aligned right but my first one (directly ordered from PDP no less) was off-center and then the replacement they sent was also hosed up.

Waste of money.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Here's a terrible controller I have for some reason.

I think the Dreamcast has the best d-pad, call me crazy folks.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Sade posted:

you're the one that started it

3s is actually NOT good. If you want a great game try Yatagarasu. it's the spiritual successor to 3s that improves on the formula immensely.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

What's it gonna be, you trapped in the new world of street fighter 3

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

you're the one that started it

3s is actually NOT good. If you want a great game try Yatagarasu. it's the spiritual successor to 3s that improves on the formula immensely.

For example, the ninja is tittier.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I went through 3 madcatz pads, a hori fighting commander pro 3 and a hori turbo ex 2 before just grabbing one of those sfxt madcatz pro's for £70. It's crazy how quickly a d-pad direction or button wears out, and once that happens the pad is worthless. The prices were between £20-£45 each as well.

My stick, on the other hand, has only ever had two buttons start to feel a little bit loose in about 2 years. Costs about £2-3 to replace.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Love Stole the Day posted:

Since the 60fps thing is so important, maybe I should just go practice combos for Third Strike and SF2 instead. Those 10-yen machines have been way more popular than the SF4 ones over the years anyway in my experience.

Those games are also more fun and the combos aren't as dumb.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
3rd strike has dumb combos & confirms

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

dangerdoom volvo posted:

3rd strike has dumb combos & confirms

Slapping a mans in the face so hard he turns around so that you can suplex that mans instead of power bombing him will never be dumb

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You'll never get to do it unfortunately because Flash Chop is rear end

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Baal posted:

You'll never get to do it unfortunately because Flash Chop is rear end

Shush you

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
punching a meat sack in the stomach so that they double over and then giving them the double ax-handle in the back so hard that they literally bounce off the ground and fly into the sky is the best thing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

punching a meat sack in the stomach so that they double over and then giving them the double ax-handle in the back so hard that they literally bounce off the ground and fly into the sky is the best thing.

Q should fly up faster than the dude who got hit to smash them back down and complete the DBZ special

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
The F2P Soul Calibur Lost Swords is shutting down: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-02-soulcalibur-lost-swords-to-shut-down-in-november

May this terrible format never find its way into another FG again. :pray:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Random question: does anyone happen to know what the differences were between KOF: Maximum Impact and the "Maniax" version that was released on the Japanese PS2?

Looking into it for my collection.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
As far as I recall, there are no gameplay or balance changes, but the main feature added was the ability to rotate the camera in the Character viewer
(for panty shots, obviously :japan:)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So uh, has there even been any whispering of a t7 console release date? Game has effectively been feature complete for months now right?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Console releases of Tekken games are way more replete with content than the arcade versions, and are usually the "final" version of the game (i.e. post-arcade-content-updates, post-balance-tweaks, etc.). It can be like two years from initial JP arcade release to US console release.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I hope they put in dolly dress-up without making us pay for costumes...

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Harada basically hates DLC as a principle, so they haven't done that yet. He has said that while he would never charge for new characters, he could be badgered into putting non-essential stuff as DLC, though what he cited was more like music from previous Tekken games, old story mode endings, etc.

Namco has been harassing the poo poo out of him for years to put more DLC in, and I'm kind of amazed he's been able to get away with not doing it for this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

3rd Strike pwns.

• Locked thread