Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«579 »
LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE
Jun 27, 2008

Undeath is such a drag.

Doesn't TTT2 come out after Evo this year. They said late 2012 IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

Clearly SFxT counts as the tekken game!!

whip
Apr 9, 2007

Guo Wang Huang Hou

Waterbed posted:

Doesn't TTT2 come out after Evo this year. They said late 2012 IIRC.

Holiday 2012 is the console release and the arcade ver. has been out since Sep 2011

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

EASY OPERATION

may contain peanuts posted:

Maybe they just didn't want to have two different 3D Namco fighters as main games.
But three 2D Capcom games is fine?

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Cat Machine posted:

But three 2D Capcom games is fine?
Apparently.

mhz
Dec 10, 2006

~wat it do, dough~

I may just be talking out of my rear end here but didn't Evo originate primarily as a 2D major way back in the day?

If so I can understand a bias towards a 2D heavy lineup.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

mhz posted:

I may just be talking out of my rear end here but didn't Evo originate primarily as a 2D major way back in the day?

If so I can understand a bias towards a 2D heavy lineup.

may contain peanuts posted:

Maybe they just didn't want to have two different 3D Namco fighters as main games.

It's strictly the console release date of TTT2 that is leaving tekken out of EVO this year.

Tekken 6 will be a completely dead (and nearly 6 year old) game at that point.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club

I'm gonna make a skullgirls thread today, I'll post the link when I'm done with the OP.

Buhbuhj
Jul 14, 2004

Wer mit Ungeheuern kampft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm gonna make a skullgirls thread today, I'll post the link when I'm done with the OP.

Thanks bro I was hoping you would make one being involved with it and all. Also when's Squigly coming?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club

Here skullgirls thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3458689

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Now we never have to hear about schoolgirl panties ever again.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

out of the way fucking noblemen

SFxT is a featured game at Evo and it has more schoolgirl panties than Arcana Heart and Skullgirls combined.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

mumblecrew

Broken Loose posted:

SFxT is a featured game at Evo and it has more schoolgirl panties than Arcana Heart and Skullgirls combined.

Yeah but Gootecks likes it so it's good.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Broken Loose posted:

Unfortunately, nobody will care because it has big manly men to balance it out or something. Which makes it less pervy I guess?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

He's the big guy.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Unfortunately, nobody will care because it has big manly men to balance it out or something. Which makes it less pervy I guess?

If they add Rose I'll forgive them for anything. The classiest lady in Street Fighter. Also, I'm mentioning her because apparently M.Bison is in the game and she'd make sense as a rival.

Gamest Mook
Jun 22, 2011

by Ozmaugh

PalmTreeFun posted:

It pretty much does yeah

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

mumblecrew

Gamest Mook posted:

It pretty much does yeah

That's not actually how sexism works. Movies where there's lots of big-breasted women fawning over strong men aren't exactly "less pervy" than ones with just the big-breasted women.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

SC5, MK9, and SFxT over SG. I'm laughing my rear end off, but it's that sick nervous laughter of the soon to be mentally ill.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

He's the big guy.

Can we not go down that road again, please?

Also, I'd like to say that panty-shots are a tradition in fighting games that date all the way back to the original SFII, with Chun-Li. Taking them out of the genre would be like taking 2-in-1s or throws out of it.

Also, I'd like to say that a joke. Because I don't feel safe enough to assume you'll interpret it as such. Also, drop that topic.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

So the Aegis Reflector is some sort of rape device?

Soulcleaver posted:

Now we never have to hear about schoolgirl panties ever again.

That lasted long...

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...pport-for-sopa/

Capcom USA supports the controversial ‘Stop Online Piracy Act,’ better known as SOPA, Digital Trends has confirmed. In an email with Digital Trends, a spokeswoman for Capcom said only that, “The ESA represents us on these matters.”

40 OZ fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2012 around 02:18

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

40 OZ posted:

Capcom USA supports the controversial ‘Stop Online Piracy Act,’ better known as SOPA, Digital Trends has confirmed. The endorsement verification follows a flurry of confusion surrounding support of the bill from other major game developers, including Nintendo, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Sony Online Entertainment and Electronic Arts.

In an email with Digital Trends, a spokeswoman for Capcom said only that, “The ESA represents us on these matters.”

"We get more $$$$ on these matters."

Zyklon B Zombie
Feb 13, 2005

Circling Overland

40 OZ posted:

Capcom USA supports the controversial ‘Stop Online Piracy Act,’ better known as SOPA, Digital Trends has confirmed. In an email with Digital Trends, a spokeswoman for Capcom said only that, “The ESA represents us on these matters.”

Well, I know it doesn't matter much, but I was going to buy and try SxT out, but don't think I'll be doing that now.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Christ, not this shit again.

redmercer posted:

Yeah, 10-hit combos have definitely been in since Tekken 1.

I copy pasted some idiot's comment, but 10-hits are irrelevant to real Tekken gameplay. Juggles have definitely gotten longer over the years, though.

whip posted:

The Killing Hawk-counter literally just broke TTT2. I don't know if they are going to change anything for this or not

It's a cool trick that does solid damage for a juggle. I don't see anything broken or in need of fixing.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Policenaut posted:

So for some reason a localization company I've never heard of called "7Sixty" is localizing the 360 fighter Phantom Breaker. I think I played the demo from Japan's XBL for like 5 minutes and it didn't seem all that special but hey there you go.
The publisher is just a subsidiary of Southpeak; they also happen to published Stronghold 3 late last year. Now there's diversity for you.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2012 around 09:20

whip
Apr 9, 2007

Guo Wang Huang Hou

Brosnan posted:

It's a cool trick that does solid damage for a juggle. I don't see anything broken or in need of fixing.

Maybe you're right. Getting hit with it in T6 hurts much more

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

So what's the early buzz on SC5? My favorite fighter is BlazBlue, but I'm on the fence over paying for what seems like $40 just to have the latest disc and thus the online community.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I like BB fine but I don't really want to pay $40 for a single new character and new story mode junk. I guess if you never shelled out for the DLC characters in CS it might look like a better deal.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

From the majority that have played the builds at NEC and SCR, SC5 impressions have been quite positive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Life is but a fleeting dream

I wish Arc would get around to making BB3 at some point, because there's only so much they can do with BBCS itself with expansions and DLC. It doesn't look too good for the future though, hearing the series producer going "I'd like to, if possible, make one" doesn't sound too encouraging.

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

^^^^
I'd chalk that up to poor translation in combination with passive language business Japanese. That's just the vibe I'm getting from reading it overall.

I never did shell out for BB DLC. I'm thinking I'll just wait until the end of the year and get a used copy.

I might get SC though. I used to have a lot of fun with 2, and I bought 3 but all the bugs really did make it pretty wonky. I'm going to wait and see what the final reviews and opinions are though.

Antillese fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2012 around 17:17

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

Big Games Poster

They got the Guilty Gear license back so they should make a new GG and forget BB ever happened.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

I believe either Mori or Ishiwatari said in an interview from a while back that they intend to come back to Guilty Gear, but not until they "finish" the BB series, whatever or whenever that means.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Look, one way or another, you're leaving this place covered in semen. Might as well have some fun.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They got the Guilty Gear license back so they should make a new GG and forget BB ever happened.

I've always wondered about this sentiment. Given that GG and BB share a very similar skeleton on a very basic level (bursts, super meter, faultless guard, roman cancel, super anime art style, etc), why is there such confidence that a new GG wouldn't have the same problems as BB?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm one of the assholes who started playing fighting games with HDR, so I really don't have a lot of good hands on time with GG.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Yeah, I've heard that most of the original GG team isn't with Arc anymore anyways. If/when they get around to making a new one, I can help but think it'll just be BB with GG's characters.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE
Jun 27, 2008

Undeath is such a drag.

Troffen posted:

Yeah, I've heard that most of the original GG team isn't with Arc anymore anyways. If/when they get around to making a new one, I can help but think it'll just be BB with GG's characters.

The BB team is the GG team, except with Mori at the lead instead of Daisuke.

Daisuke did all of the music and character portraits for the CS series, and he did the portraits for Accent Core IIRC. He was also the lead designer for every game except Slash.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A man's life of 50 years
is nothing compared
to the age of this world

Life is but a fleeting dream

I dunno if Arc could be trusted with GG3 after Daisuke's little baby GG2. I keep picturing maybe a slow 2D fighter with 3D graphics and a mostly new cast of characters (or worse yet, GG2 characters)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Boxman posted:

why is there such confidence that a new GG wouldn't have the same problems as BB?

I guess people are hopeful that they'd try to stick with the overall gameplay feel and mechanics of GG if they were trying to do another GG game. I don't really think that would be the case though.

There's no way they could do a new, full on GG anyway, they'd have to have like 1/2 the cast, and nobody wants that.

Edit: Yeah a mostly new cast ala 3rd Strike or MotW would be way more likely, probably with mostly GG2 characters and all that.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'm still really surprised they haven't announced a crossover fighter yet. They keep joking about it, and I think I would be pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncleKitchener
Nov 18, 2009

Big adventure
Tons of fun
A beautiful heart
Faithful and strong
Sharing kindness
It's an easy feat
And magic makes it all complete

edit: The MK9 new box art turned out to be real. Welp.

whip posted:

The Killing Hawk-counter literally just broke TTT2. I don't know if they are going to change anything for this or not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygYEcchhkpw

There are more useful tech traps and float traps for people to find. Seriously, this isn't anything new in Tekken. I'm expecting more sandwiches and Bruce float traps.

samurai slowdown posted:

Are most of the Tekken players planning on picking up SCV or are they just screwed this year?

I played SC casually before, but I willing to play SCV competitively.

uncleKitchener fucked around with this message at Jan 5, 2012 around 18:00

«579 »