Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Mom's Fighting Game Club(BYO Cookies and Milk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Am I the only one starting to see Skullgirls as the American Arcana Heart, I have this bad feeling it is going to be an amazing game but people will go ughh and shy away from it because of the fan service or drop it for some other bullshit reason in a month, and only a few people are going to remain playing it in the end.

There's not really anything in common between the two games other than all-girl casts so I guess you'll have to wait & see?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Competing is stupid if you're not confident you'll win, because otherwise you might lose and feel bad?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

rivals posted:

I'll shoot you an invite now. I almost never play so I'm terrible but that game is too fun.

My PSN is purgatos, add me too.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Cat Machine posted:

Where’s yo curly mustache at? Right here is the answer to that question.

I thought this was funny when I thought you were parodying their awful writing, it became double funny when I discovered it was real.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Uncle Istvan posted:

I'm the guy in charge of the game and I can answer any questions you have.

Do you think the character descriptions are as hilarious as we do?

And what made "Dudley on a rainy day" seem like a rad character design?

Mr. Fun fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 30, 2011

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
My favourite part is doing character combo trials and then getting really mad when I can't do the stupid combos.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
My perfect fighting game would be a lot like AH3 except super popular and everyone would play with me.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I remember months ago I read every piece of information on Death Cargo's website and all of it is as hilarious as you'd expect.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

40 OZ posted:

I won't dare comment on 3D games and I'm also too ignorant to comment on doujin fighters.

I see people say "doujin fighters" sometimes, but I don't know what it means :blush:.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Crackbone posted:

Like what?

SF, Darkstalkers, and MvC were the only Capcom FG franchises that had enough fan attention to even think about a remake.

I suppose CvSNK, but that seems even less likely now that one is firmly 3d and the other is 2d.

He means games not made by Capcom.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I like that it starts with Recurring Void Effect, but at the end there is Vanishment of Void. Where did the void go?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Maybe he should have told them that if they only wanted to play one character they could play regular Tekken?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I have flattened the yomi layers, there is no concept of safe or unsafe or prediction or surprise anymore and I just hit whatever button whenever.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Skullgirls is the only game where I've ever felt like I can make combos on the fly, every other game I've played I have no idea what's going to work.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
A lot of people don't want to wear videogame shirts not really sure why this is a big thing.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Dias posted:

I haven't heard anything solid about this Sony Smash Bros thing, does it look enjoyable at the very least?

It looks extremely similar to Smash Bros so if you like Smash you'll want to give it a whirl.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I would make fun of myself for wearing an FGC shirt I wouldn't need anyone to do it for me.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I really wanted Injustice to be good because I want to play a game where I can use Superman to beat guys up, but it just looks terrible.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

S-Alpha posted:

Edit: Oh, and apparently that's only for the JP PSN release. So there isn't even a release date on the US version. :smith:

Confirmed to be in November "sometime" :(

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Yeah, I just think that the wait is going to way worse when all those XBox guys are posting youtubes & stuff while I grind my teeth.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Countblanc posted:

Anyone know what's up with Guilty Gear? I thought it was supposed to be on PSN this week, and the only information I can find says it was gonna be released november 1st. Am I just blind or something?

It was released in Japan on the 1st and there is no news on if/when it's coming to other countries as far as I know.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
SFxT training mode is really really good and I wish I could train other games using the options it has, but alas it was not to be.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Brosnan posted:

Is it disrespectful if I call it "A Pile of poo poo"? :fry:

Why wouldn't that be disrespectful?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
If Playstation All-Stars gets in, SFxT could move down to 2nd most boring game at EVO!

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I would rather watch the MLP game than Divekick.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I'm not gonna watch it no matter they do so they might as well have the rules they like in my opinion.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Of all the terrible Netherrealms character designs I've seen, manly Wonder Woman ranks somewhere in the middle.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I've played a lot of bad players* online in AE on PS3 too.

* They still mostly beat me.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Ryoga posted:

I have spoken to people who 100% seriously want the call of duty model in fighting games. I would quit fighting games if I suddenly needed to get 500 counter hit hadoukens to use the ex version on ryu, then repeat the process for every shoto.

Ugh, every time you prestige you'd lose all the extra characters too.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Waterbed posted:

I mean I've done the F2P for character business model in my head:

I have absolutely no idea what the rest of your post was supposed to mean.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
I feel like a really good idea would be to just ship a game with a lot of fun characters and you don't have to jump through any hoops to play them, you can just enjoy the whole game.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Cabbagepots posted:

You hate it because of the belt bra? I don't fully understand.

It's an ugly design, mainly because of the stupid belt bra(which is ugly). Hope this helps.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

Is Injustice a good fighting game?

It seems to be pretty decent, but I just can't get over the janky looking animations that are always the hallmark of Netherrealm's games.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

S-Alpha posted:

I've been trying to get my local scene to play it, but it's pretty hard to fight through all the Marvel and 3S. At least we have people who I can play Chaos Code with. :toot:

In my local scene, we have one night of the week dedicated to AE and Marvel and another night where current Capcom games are banned. It's a really good system.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Keyboards are the most uncomfortable possible input device to use for games and I'll never understand how people play anything on PC.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Seashell Salesman posted:

When I read that article I was really hoping he'd explain why SkullGirls isn't worth mentioning but he never did. What's wrong with SkullGirls?

Why would he write about it if its not worth mentioning?

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Question Mark Mound posted:

Tekken is a game I've always wanted to get into, but it's not a game you can get anywhere in without being able to recognise other characters' moves and knowing a lot of detail about if and how punishable things are. Like with Marvel, it just seems far too daunting right now.

All that stuff definitely helps in Tekken(and every other game), but you can get by just fine learning on the fly.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

S-Alpha posted:

Oh poo poo, here we go. A bunch of ASW news dropped last night, so have at it.

-GGXXAC+R is finally dropping this month on PSN! It'll be a free patch, but 360 users are going to have to wait a while longer, it seems.

-The Xrd Loctest that's gonna run from August 9th to the 12th is apparently going to have seven characters playable, with movelists currently available for Sol, Ky, and Millia.

-There's also a general system mechanics page here, and it looks like most mechanics are returning. One button throws, (F)RCs, and what looks like a new clash mechanic thing that I don't know anything about because I can't read Japanese.

Goddamn this is gonna be a good month.

I am fist pumping like hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY

Question Mark Mound posted:

⑥ R.I.S.C. Level
This increases each time you block your opponent's attacks and decreases when you are hit. Once it reaches a certain level, you can counter any attack from your opponent.

I wonder if these counters will be baitable. I hope they will.

• Locked thread