Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
It's only really tangentially related to fightin games (and it's probably been posted) but I wound up stumbling across some guy on Youtube who's done a ton of character themes for various Capcom/Marvel/DC characters in the style of the old CPS2 fighters. It's pretty great because he absolutely nails that old QSound style of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1iQuaiGeLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maw2OAJbGD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJAHs0gwgpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

I'd be scared that Ono would design it, and they'd add a mechanic called Hellraiser that would allow you to attempt a 0-frame one hit kill when you had less than half life. Then they'd add "souls" that you could buy as DLC that would give your characters extra frame advantage. Then they'd have a cycle of characters that would be rotated out every two weeks, and you could only play as those characters until you accumulated 500 hours of playtime, at which point you could buy one character permanently. Or spent ten bucks for them, either works.

Oh yeah, and it would have HD Remix graphics. And for no reason in particular Felicia would get MvC3 Berserker Slash and AE Yun's EX lunge. At least James Chen would like it.

Also on the presentation front, instead of the cool, pulsing, horror tinged soundtrack the series had we'd just get lots of lovely Fukusawa techno.

Question Mark Mound posted:

I think Darkstalkers would suit Arc System Works sprites more than anything else.

Oh my loving god no. Big HD sprites sure but Darkstalkers' entire visual appeal with the wacky animation would be lost in lovely, stiff, low frame count animation.

uncleKitchener posted:

Say, what happened to the Bloody Roar games? People used to play them, but they weren't very well known in the west. Now that I look back at them, the games got shittier as they progressed.

BR4 was, by all accounts, such a massive piece of poo poo that it basically killed off the series. Funny enough, it was developed by Eighting. They were actually planning on making a new game but then Hudson's U.S. branch closed down and that ended that.

Suben fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 26, 2011

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Zand posted:

I can find almost nothing rewarding about the series as a whole other than the fact that it helps get more new players in to fighting games.

Soul Edge had really cool music at least.

• Locked thread