Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Policenaut posted:

So for some reason a localization company I've never heard of called "7Sixty" is localizing the 360 fighter Phantom Breaker. I think I played the demo from Japan's XBL for like 5 minutes and it didn't seem all that special but hey there you go.
The publisher is just a subsidiary of Southpeak; they also happen to published Stronghold 3 late last year. Now there's diversity for you.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jan 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

I cant tell from that link, what about characters? Is microtransactions just for costumes and essentially it's a new Tekken for free?
Official Trailer

The description mentions 8 'iconic' ones for free so not really.

You can also level up the characters now, apparently.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Friendly Factory posted:

edit: Little spiel on KI3 includes the phrase "Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately"
Not just that, it's straight up F2P. Jango is the only free character.

Welcome to League of Legends, Fighting Edition folks.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Brosnan posted:

That is pretty much how League of Legends works, and although KI looks goofy and bad, it's handling the format better than LoL does.
Apples and oranges on the bulk option; you don't need to own all champions to get a feel on how to deal with them (especially with how static the meta and lane roles are in LoL.) It would be nice but you're overstating how much of a deterrent it is, especially since you can earn champions while playing which I don't think KI will allow for fighters.

Edit: Hell, you don't even need to look to LoL for this. Tekken Rev gives you 8 characters to screw around with and you can earn more in-game (excluding the energy bullshit.) How are you going to make a decision to bulk buy when you only have one?

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 12, 2013

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Chiyo-chichi needs to get in on that if only for the sweet Wakamoto voicework.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Lisa Lisa and Part III's Joseph Joestar are the next JJBA DLC characters.

Best part? Motherfucking Baoh's being teased in the next DLC set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Tae posted:

Johnny Cage's Daughter?? Man, I haven't been keeping up apparently.
It's apparently set 25 years after 9.

• Locked thread